Damnt - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Pitchin and flippin

Damnt

I just ran into my truck with the damn lawn mower and left I nice long scratch in my door. How can I get rid of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 08:01 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Ctrl + Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 06:35 AM
Lifer

If you can feel it with your fingernail, it must be painted. If not, then it might color sand and buff out. Do not do either yourself if you have never done it before. Take it to a pro.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 02:48 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo
If you can feel it with your fingernail, it must be painted. If not, then it might color sand and buff out. Do not do either yourself if you have never done it before. Take it to a pro.
Good Advice.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Lifer

I manage a paint and body shop, that's how I know
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Time Served

Quote:
I manage a paint and body shop, that's how I know
I'm the guy doing the work. What shop?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Pitchin and flippin

I don't do paint and body work so there is no way I would try and fix it myself. It also left a small dent in the door too. I guess I will have to hit a body shop before long. I can't handel it looking like that
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow55
I don't do paint and body work so there is no way I would try and fix it myself. It also left a small dent in the door too. I guess I will have to hit a body shop before long. I can't handel it looking like that
May be able to PDR the dent and dress the scratch where it doesn't show to bad. It's something that I or the person you choose would just have to see first. It also depends on how perfect you want it.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravygraber59
I'm the guy doing the work. What shop?
Pro Care Collision in Flower Mound

Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLilPony
If you call me, I'll have phone sex with you.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Lifer

Can you post up some pics?
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Lifer

Pro Care Collision Flower Mound, TX as Blue Stang pointed out.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Mustang_GT Gurl

Quote:
I take my car to Perfection Auto Body on Denton Hwy In Haltom City
ask for Joie D
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 12:48 AM
IGOSLO

please call me at 817-689-3516, i will meet you somewhere and tell you what needs to be done, and the fingernail test does not work that well, be if it is the paint of the mower, or the clearcoat changed positions you could still feel it. i will help you out, i am in a paint and body program right now, i am repainting my '95 GTS.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 03:40 AM

Quote:
I just ran into my truck with the damn lawn mower and left I nice long scratch in my door. How can I get rid of it?
Meguires Car Polish and a High Speed Buffer. I swear it works miracles. Ran my car into a freakin house and Meguires buffed the scratches out by hand.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin
please call me at 817-689-3516, i will meet you somewhere and tell you what needs to be done, and the fingernail test does not work that well, be if it is the paint of the mower, or the clearcoat changed positions you could still feel it. i will help you out, i am in a paint and body program right now, i am repainting my '95 GTS.
There is a difference between being an experienced technician and someone who is reading books trying to learn. An apprentice/student has no right to say that they can tell you what needs to be done. Unless they slept at a Holiday Inn last night.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:16 PM
IGOSLO

Quote:
There is a difference between being an experienced technician and someone who is reading books trying to learn. An apprentice/student has no right to say that they can tell you what needs to be done. Unless they slept at a Holiday Inn last night.
Thanks MR. EXPERT, i have already done 11 complete paint jobs by myself, from indetifying, estimating, to doing the bondo, DAing, LOW VOC, to painting and wetsanding, i have over 700 hours in labor recorded, but lets take your word on it. i am in the damn class because..............you get free supplies and you also get huge discounts on paint and stuff from English Color, Sherwin Willaims, and Home Depot by the campus......not to mention using a paint booth for free. i have also fixed quite a few of my buddys cars in the back of my driveway.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Thanks MR. EXPERT, i have already done 11 complete paint jobs by myself, from indetifying, estimating, to doing the bondo, DAing, LOW VOC, to painting and wetsanding, i have over 700 hours in labor recorded, but lets take your word on it. i am in the damn class because..............you get free supplies and you also get huge discounts on paint and stuff from English Color, Sherwin Willaims, and Home Depot by the campus......not to mention using a paint booth for free. i have also fixed quite a few of my buddys cars in the back of my driveway.

GOOD. I am glad that you are learning and want to pursue this as a career. All I was trying to say is that you are still learning. I do this professionaly for real money.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Time Served

Quote:
That is great we need young people in the biss. Just keep in mind you will be working beside people with 40 - 50 years on the job. Personally I paint more cars than that in a week. And I teach people just like you on weekends at a DCCCD school. As for discount on mat. you get 10 - 20% off just like most.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 02:42 PM
IGOSLO

I get 25% at sherwin, and my bud at english color gives it to me at cost . i will not be "in the biss", i do it for a hobby, i am in college going for Aeronautical Engineering, or Aerospace Science, and then a second major in Business, so in hopes i wll just pay you to paint the car. oh and does that mean that you have been doing it for 40 to 50 years, cuz if so, most painters don't live that long because of the iso's, and other chems. that means you would be like 60-70 years old. and if you are paying that much for supplies, damn do i ever have a hookup for you. and at the school, free grinding wheels, and hardner for bondo, and free LOW VOC, and deter. free use of the equipment, free use of the DA's, free stud, and use of the stud gun, all you have to pay is the $250 for the tuition and buy your paint, and sandpaper.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 02:45 PM
IGOSLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravygraber59
That is great we need young people in the biss. Just keep in mind you will be working beside people with 40 - 50 years on the job. Personally I paint more cars than that in a week. And I teach people just like you on weekends at a DCCCD school. As for discount on mat. you get 10 - 20% off just like most.
And if you do this as a career, i would think you would agree that the finger nail test does not always work
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 02:47 PM
truster of no one

Quote:
Dam your not safe in a car or a lawn mower...J/K
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Time Served

Good for you. The nail test by far is not fool proof just a guide. If you read my post you'll notice what I said about it. I myself have 30 yrs on the job and have a very good rep with all I have worked with. You are coming across as a bit of a smart ass for someone with basically NO training from this end. Hope you do better building airplanes.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 10:42 PM
IGOSLO

i will be flying them, i already have most of the training...what shop do you work at/or own. my father and i have been looking to buy a body shop, but he is having a hard time finding one with enough space in dfw. it would be nice to have one to compare to.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 11:29 PM
IGOSLO

that comment was not to be rude, please do not take it that way Gravy, just trying to get a foot in the door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement