The Zaino thread got me curious - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

The Zaino thread got me curious

I decided this morning to spit shine the car before tomorrow's day of geekery at Quakecon, but alas all you can get locally at the last minute is the midgrade (at best) at the local auto parts store. I was quite happy with the results, actually. I washed it (sub-optimal, had to go to the car wash... stupid water restrictions!), clay bar'd it, waxed it. I bought the car a few months ago, and it had 3 years of not-so-great care on the paint - swirls like crazy and TONS of chips. Well, obviously the chips can't be waxed away, and the swirls only minimized without reducing the finish depth. The results are pretty good for some cheapo Meguiars.

Full size pics are here

oesm.org - Enterprise-grade web hosting (full DR, efficient virtualization, hardware firewalls)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 07:35 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Looks good. And info you, that "Cheapo Maguire's" stuff is some of the best stuff you can get, along side Mothers and Zaino.

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I'll clarify "cheapo". Clay bar, swirl stuff (didn't use it), and wax along with a 7-pack of microfiber clothes and a 3-pack of terry clothes was a whopping $45.

oesm.org - Enterprise-grade web hosting (full DR, efficient virtualization, hardware firewalls)

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Time Served

Meguiars is some good stuff!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 06:46 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

looks pretty good. black is always tough to keep lookin good.

Who needs please when we've got guns?
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 08:12 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Looks badass, I need to bust out my NXT on the neon.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 02:06 AM
Lifer

Any wax looks good just after being done. What matters is how it looks a few weeks after. Zaino is all I will use from here on out.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:31 AM
blank

looks good
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr01
Any wax looks good just after being done. What matters is how it looks a few weeks after. Zaino is all I will use from here on out.
LOL at weeks...

What about years?

I haven't waxed my dad's vette since Nov/04, and I bet it outshines a Zaino car that was done a month ago...

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 01:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKD
LOL at weeks...

What about years?

I haven't waxed my dad's vette since Nov/04, and I bet it outshines a Zaino car that was done a month ago...
I would guess that it is a garage queen not a dd. I have a black car and it get's abused on a daily basis so I do what I can to keep it looking good and I've had more compliment's on it since I started using zaino's than anything I've used before.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Lifer

Where can you pick up Zaino at?
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
LOL at weeks...

What about years?

i'll take that bet, zaino treatment a year ago!
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
I would guess that it is a garage queen not a dd. I have a black car and it get's abused on a daily basis so I do what I can to keep it looking good and I've had more compliment's on it since I started using zaino's than anything I've used before.
um nope, it sits outside, because I leave my car in the garage and his Stang has a permanent spot as well.. I drive it almost everyday...

Orange 08 Corvette
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
i'll take that bet, zaino treatment a year ago!
When do you want to meet up and see?

Orange 08 Corvette
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Well congrats, I've got a 20 y/o black Porsche, and I bet besides the rock chips, the paint looks better... Last time I waxed it the car looks three feet deep. That was in Nov of 04 as well.

There are better waxes out there besides Zaino, people in CA or other states have never even heard of the shit... lol

Orange 08 Corvette
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well congrats, I've got a 20 y/o black Porsche, and I bet besides the rock chips, the paint looks better... Last time I waxed it the car looks three feet deep. That was in Nov of 04 as well.

There are better waxes out there besides Zaino, people in CA or other states have never even heard of the shit... lol
I'm glad you drive your daddy's vette almost every day. I never said Zaino's was the best but of all the wax I've used so far Zaino seems to be the best. I know there are plenty of people here in Texas that have never heard of it either. Doesn't mean it's not a good wax just because people in Cali have never heard of it. I'm sure that the paint on "your" 20 year old porsche is nice but I really doubt or care if it looks better than mine. So what is this miracle wax you use or are you just keeping it a big secret. Go ahead spill the beans.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
I'm glad you drive your daddy's vette almost every day. I never said Zaino's was the best but of all the wax I've used so far Zaino seems to be the best. I know there are plenty of people here in Texas that have never heard of it either. Doesn't mean it's not a good wax just because people in Cali have never heard of it. I'm sure that the paint on "your" 20 year old porsche is nice but I really doubt or care if it looks better than mine. So what is this miracle wax you use or are you just keeping it a big secret. Go ahead spill the beans.
doesn't matter... you are too stuck on zaino to try anything else so it really is irrelevant. Just letting u know it isn't all that...

why is "your" in quotes, I'm confused? I was also saying the vette isn't a garage queen like u inferred, only reason I mentioned bout driving it...

Orange 08 Corvette
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 02:33 AM
I'm callin you out!

That crap strokd is talking about is so exspensive is retarded.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 11:56 AM
dead

i like ibiz.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
doesn't matter... you are too stuck on zaino to try anything else so it really is irrelevant. Just letting u know it isn't all that...

why is "your" in quotes, I'm confused? I was also saying the vette isn't a garage queen like u inferred, only reason I mentioned bout driving it...
I figure they way you keep throwing out cars the next thing will be how good the paint on your lambo looks.
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 01:40 PM
lol, this place sucks now

Quote:
um nope, it sits outside, because I leave my car in the garage and his Stang has a permanent spot as well.. I drive it almost everyday...
Are you talking about that wax that's so expensive that you have to finance it over 30 years? If so, I'll take the Zaino anyday. Hell, if I ever get time I'm using the Maguires Gold I bought like 3 weekends ago.

I mean I'm sure it's good, but from what I can recall it was WAAAAY more than normal people spend on car wax/polish.
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Coupe
That crap strokd is talking about is so exspensive is retarded.
$30 bucks for the wax, and about another 20-30 for the polish and clay if you need it... It isn't real cheap, but 50-70 bucks for 5-10 treatments seems worth it to me... I only do the cars once or twice a year, so that is like 10 bucks a year...

Yes I have some stupid crazy shit, but I was talking about their more common stuff, which was used on my Porsch for 15 or so years...

LOL at Tim... I like Meguiars gold better than Zaino, it is much better, and you talk about it like its crap!

Orange 08 Corvette
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
I figure they way you keep throwing out cars the next thing will be how good the paint on your lambo looks.
Nope no lambos... I'd like a Mercy one day though, or a 90ish Countach...

Orange 08 Corvette
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 07:53 PM
IGOSLO

WTF???...............just because Meguiars is not expensive does not mean that it does not do a good job. The reason that stuff is so main stream and sells so well, is because it does a damn good job... would you buy something because it costs more, therefore it MUST do a better job, maybe the reason it costs more is because less people buy it therefore meaning that the supply is low and the demand is low (this is economics, also known as the Price Equilibrium for Microeconomics supply and demand curve).
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
IGOSLO

And that car does not look black at all.
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin
WTF???...............just because Meguiars is not expensive does not mean that it does not do a good job. The reason that stuff is so main stream and sells so well, is because it does a damn good job... would you buy something because it costs more, therefore it MUST do a better job, maybe the reason it costs more is because less people buy it therefore meaning that the supply is low and the demand is low (this is economics, also known as the Price Equilibrium for Microeconomics supply and demand curve).
Meguiar's > Zaino...

Orange 08 Corvette
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 01:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Meguiar's > Zaino...
Not saying meguiars is bad but zaino is a hell of alot easier to get off of a black car.Imo Hope you get that lambo one day. I would personally settle for a 20 yr old porsche. Not trying to start anything with ya. You just sounded a little pomp"ass" with all your car name dropping. This is my 1rst and will be my only black car I own ever. It's never clean. (well maybe for ten minutes after I spend half the day cleaning it )
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin
And that car does not look black at all.
It looks as black as a $150 digital camera will let it

post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Not saying meguiars is bad but zaino is a hell of alot easier to get off of a black car.Imo Hope you get that lambo one day. I would personally settle for a 20 yr old porsche. Not trying to start anything with ya. You just sounded a little pomp"ass" with all your car name dropping. This is my 1rst and will be my only black car I own ever. It's never clean. (well maybe for ten minutes after I spend half the day cleaning it )
Wasn't trying to sound pomp "ASS" was trying to sound like I have a basis for argumentation and can back up my smack talk with 100% proof... My dad is crazy into cars, and has spent most of his money on them unfortunately... when most people his age should be retired, he's still working another 10 or so years to make ends- meat...

He gave me the Porsch as a present, it's worth maybe 10 grand...

The Stangs in sig, I paid with with my own debt... lol Probably going to have to sell something here soon, but for now, just lots of debt...

Orange 08 Corvette
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 01:24 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Is STROKD in here bragging about his $1500 wax again?

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...eferrerid=3606
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Nope, I was comparing Zaino to $30 wax... just so happens to be made by the SAME company... lol... And its $1800 now, get it right if you are trying to make jokes...

Orange 08 Corvette
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Isn't the actual Zaino wax itself less than $30? You get the various polishes for $10-20 each (didn't see a wax, per se), or the ultimate kit for $112, which includes around 8 or 9 different products. And the Meguiars I picked up was only $10-12 for the full bottle. As I said, I was quite surprised at the results. And now, I need only hit it with some detailing spray and microfiber cloth and it looks good as new again. Even after a drive in the rain.

post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLinkOZ
Isn't the actual Zaino wax itself less than $30? You get the various polishes for $10-20 each (didn't see a wax, per se), or the ultimate kit for $112, which includes around 8 or 9 different products. And the Meguiars I picked up was only $10-12 for the full bottle. As I said, I was quite surprised at the results. And now, I need only hit it with some detailing spray and microfiber cloth and it looks good as new again. Even after a drive in the rain.
I think Meguiar's is a better protectant than Zaino... Zaino is just a shiney substance that sits on the paint to make it appear nice, it doesn't protect for shit imo... I never said I didn't like Maguiar's, only Zaino...

Orange 08 Corvette
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Fair enough. Honestly, after my experience with Meguiars, I don't see why I would need to go with Zaino.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement