Turtle Wax "ICE" - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
Turtle Wax "ICE"

I was at Vatozone today dickin around, I was out cruising around was going to wash the car, so I saw this stuff on the shelf. I was curious so I bought it.

I am quite impressed. Aplication was easy, removal was easy, and Makes my paint look like glass, I was shocked. I figured white is the ultimate test because with any wax or polish its hard to see any difference in white. I definatly give it a thumbs up.

I have used it all too. Zaino, Tropicare, all of it. This stuff has an easy aplication like tropicare, and I had beter results with this stuff then any other. We will see how it does over time. I will prolly try another coat or two over the next week and see if it add's to the luster.

Just FWI.

later
bj

PS, it doesnt leave white residue, and you can use it on headlights, tail lights, trim, and plastic. Looks great.
893 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 12:34 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom
 
D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 9,335
I read a bit about that stuff on Mach1Registry. Sounds like good stuff, but the results I get with Maguire's NXT stuff is enough to keep me going back.

D is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 01:16 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 844
I'll let you know how it worked on black '05 GT, as well. I like the idea if no white residue. I'm about to go help wax the GT. i was going to try out out on my Lightning, but it was involved a little mishap last night.
sonicblue is offline  
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
The only downside to this stuff that I see is it has no cleansers in it, so for a perfect job you will need to clay bar and go over the car with a cleaner wax first if you havent waxed in awhile.
893 is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 02:13 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
I read a bit about that stuff on Mach1Registry. Sounds like good stuff, but the results I get with Maguire's NXT stuff is enough to keep me going back.
I used NXT on my black '98 Cobra and it worked great! I'll give this Turtle Wax ICE a shot next time.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 04:43 PM
DFWS
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 6,990
i like the ice because you can use it on a hot car, too...

Keepin' The Old School Alive
scootro is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 11:38 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicblue
I'll let you know how it worked on black '05 GT, as well. I like the idea if no white residue. I'm about to go help wax the GT. i was going to try out out on my Lightning, but it was involved a little mishap last night.
looks good on the black GT, and it was done before I got there. Was told it took about 15 minutes to wax the car.
sonicblue is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Newb
 
lilgeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
I read a bit about that stuff on Mach1Registry. Sounds like good stuff, but the results I get with Maguire's NXT stuff is enough to keep me going back.
I'm with this cat
Meguiar's NXT has enough fillers to hide swirls that the buffer misses, leaving a GREAT, clean shine. I've never really been a Turtle Wax fan.
lilgeezy is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Dead Stop Bobby :D
 
Bobby C 01TA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Richardson, always the underdog!
Posts: 4,192
tried ICE once and gave it to a friend.. it works ok when applying and taking it off but the durability is AWFUL.. It doesn't last worth a crap. Another downfall is that it was streaking after rain.. I was like wtf .. If you get a OTC product, stick with the NXT.. you'll be glad you did!
Bobby C 01TA is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:19 PM
4 Cams are better than 1
 
Juiced4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,889
is a spray on wipe off type of wax? or u have to do more work?
Juiced4V is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Dead Stop Bobby :D
 
Bobby C 01TA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Richardson, always the underdog!
Posts: 4,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced - 4V SNK
is a spray on wipe off type of wax? or u have to do more work?
liquid polish.. its not very hard to put on and take off.. they have a detailer spray too but for 10 bucks I would stick with zaino z6 or the Tropicare spray
Bobby C 01TA is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:36 PM
4 Cams are better than 1
 
Juiced4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C 01TA
liquid polish.. its not very hard to put on and take off.. they have a detailer spray too but for 10 bucks I would stick with zaino z6 or the Tropicare spray

cool....I will go get that tonight....I normally use eagle one...
Juiced4V is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 03:42 PM
"R" Code
 
GTPhreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 1,960
I was under the impression that Turtle Wax ICE was a detail spray. Just to give it that little extra pop, in no way, form, or fashion a wax or polish of any kind.

1996 Mustang Cobra

1993 Mustang LX hatchback
Black / Red
2.3Turbo powered

1963 Fairlane 500
EFI swap in progress
GTPhreak is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Custom Title
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hades who?
Posts: 16,521
Zaino baby!
Yellowstang is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C 01TA
tried ICE once and gave it to a friend.. it works ok when applying and taking it off but the durability is AWFUL.. It doesn't last worth a crap. Another downfall is that it was streaking after rain.. I was like wtf .. If you get a OTC product, stick with the NXT.. you'll be glad you did!

Mine never gets out in the rain, so Im not worried there, but I am curious to see how it does over time. My car usually gets spray detailed more then it gets washed.
893 is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Proud to be from N.R.H. so F off Talisman
Posts: 882
lets see some pics i would like to see how well it does
rebeljj is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Zar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades
Zaino baby!
X2!
Zar is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Retired race car
 
BadCompany V.P WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgeezy
I'm with this cat
Meguiar's NXT has enough fillers to hide swirls that the buffer misses, leaving a GREAT, clean shine. I've never really been a Turtle Wax fan.
Its good if you're wanting to "hide" the swirls for a week or so. They come back.

I'd do it right the first time and go with TC or Zaino...which actually removes.

It's also not recommended you detail in direct sun...never a good idea.
BadCompany V.P WS6 is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 07:42 AM
4 Cams are better than 1
 
Juiced4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPhreak
I was under the impression that Turtle Wax ICE was a detail spray. Just to give it that little extra pop, in no way, form, or fashion a wax or polish of any kind.

x2
Juiced4V is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCompany V.P WS6
Its good if you're wanting to "hide" the swirls for a week or so. They come back.

I'd do it right the first time and go with TC or Zaino...which actually removes.

It's also not recommended you detail in direct sun...never a good idea.

I have used both of the above, and they dont do any beter then any other product I have used on my tired old paint. Once the car gets painted it will be getting a beter product, but till then no sense in waising money on a high dollar polish.
893 is offline  
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Retired race car
 
BadCompany V.P WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej
I have used both of the above, and they dont do any beter then any other product I have used on my tired old paint. Once the car gets painted it will be getting a beter product, but till then no sense in waising money on a high dollar polish.
Are you applying via hand or PC?
BadCompany V.P WS6 is offline  
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCompany V.P WS6
Are you applying via hand or PC?

Hand.

I have used TC, and liked it but I dont want to throw down alot of money for polish on my tired paint. Granted it still looks pretty good, but not good enough to spend that kind of scratch
893 is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Retired race car
 
BadCompany V.P WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej
Hand.

I have used TC, and liked it but I dont want to throw down alot of money for polish on my tired paint. Granted it still looks pretty good, but not good enough to spend that kind of scratch

I've used alot and TC is by far the one i like the most as far as the way it goes on and off and durability. All of my customers seem to like it as well.

With any cleaning of the paint, you should always strip off any old wax or anything, clay the car and re wash with car wash soap to get the best of what you're trying to accomplish.

FWIW... A bottle of TC polish is about 10.95
BadCompany V.P WS6 is offline  
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
I do need to clay it again, it has been awhile.
893 is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Retired race car
 
BadCompany V.P WS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej
I do need to clay it again, it has been awhile.
Spot clay...especially the front and rear bumpers.
BadCompany V.P WS6 is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
893
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCompany V.P WS6
Spot clay...especially the front and rear bumpers.

especially the back bumper, all the soot from the exhaust. I only put about 3k miles a year on the car so it doesnt get alot of crap on the front. It stays in the garage and never see's bad weather.
893 is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:26 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches
 
1BAD2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Petrosexual
Posts: 5,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
X2!
X3

Who needs please when we've got guns?
1BAD2K is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 742
Try it you'll like it

Dri-wash



Old & Slow But Still Having Fun at 57 !
lwk2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome