Ford Dealership Body Shops - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
duh...duh....duh

Ford Dealership Body Shops

Hey All,
Has anyone had any experience with Ford body shops in the Plano area? I have an '06 Mustang that has a minor paint defect that I'd like them to look at. Besides fixing what appears to be a factory issue, I'd like them to put out quality work.

Input is appreciated.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Time Served

Many years ago when I lived in McKinney, I used Bob Tomes Ford for two different bits of paint repair. Runs both times...

oesm.org - Enterprise-grade web hosting (full DR, efficient virtualization, hardware firewalls)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLinkOZ
Many years ago when I lived in McKinney, I used Bob Tomes Ford for two different bits of paint repair. Runs both times...

Good to know. Heck, I did not even know about Bob Tomes though. Be neat if North Central was good enough for some minor repainting.

My '03 Sold.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 02:50 PM

what's the problem?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 11:22 PM
IGOSLO

don davis ford's body shop does an awesome job, my girlfriend, and technician i know work up there, and both recommend the shop they use.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 03:03 PM

I don't know of any good body shops at Ford Dealers. I can tell you first hand to stay away from Middlekauf, Bob Tomes, and North Central Ford. North Central sublets there body work out. I think Lute Riley does some of their work. I have seen cars that came out of those shops and all did not meet my expectations. The one from Bob Tomes was hacked up where they put on a quarter not to mention bad paint work.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Potato Head
what's the problem?
A minor paint blemish developed on the hood. In my little world I consider it a factory flaw and should be covered under warranty...or so I hope. Right now it is minor and not due to rocks, bird poo...or anything like that. Just like to get it squared away incase it becomes major.

Thanks for the feedback from everyone else. Helps narrow the search quite a bit.

My '03 Sold.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Narcissistic fade away

Well I know it's not where you are looking but... Don't take your car to Texas Motors Ford in FTW.

They wrecked my wifes perfect-not-a-scratch-on-it 2003 GT Vert that was there for a simple tire rotation and oil change. 2 hours later the service guy tells her "there is a problem with your car".....

long story short they had to fix it of course and did a super shitty job of trying to fix it. There were quite a few fisheyes in the paint, the fender/hood and mouldings didn't line up.

When confronted on this subject - the bodyshop manager had the nerve to tell me that it came from the factory like that. I promptly sent him the pictures of it from when I got it - to show him different. I also mentioned the hoodscoop didn't match the hood now.. he then had the nerve to tell me the hoodscoop was aftermarket and that is why the paint didn't match. He told me the "fisheyes" were not fisheyes, but rock chips instead and that is why they weren't fixed instead of painted over.....
After 3 or 4 attempts to "make it right" I finally got the car back.. and drove it 30 miles to another dealership to trade it in.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
duh...duh....duh

Wow, that's extremely bad service there. I always wonder how a dealership like that stays in business. You know they pull that crap on other people.

Of course, the sales are might be okay - just a horrible body shop.

My '03 Sold.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Lifer

Just because you go to a dealership doesn't mean you're going to get good work.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDPS STANG RACER
Just because you go to a dealership doesn't mean you're going to get good work.
Yup, concur. But you're kind of stuck when deesiring warranty work.

My '03 Sold.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 11:01 PM
IGOSLO

i would have gone to the dealership and confronted them, they are generally nicer than some small body shop. if they did not give you the answer you wanted, i would have gone up the line, to dealership owner, regional manager, or write to ford, and tell them how shitty this dealership was. and i would definately have reported both business to the Better Business Bereau, and i would let both the businesses know that i was gonna do it too. and i would file a claim with the BBB
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
duh...duh....duh

Trust me, this goes a little bit deeper. I bought the Mustang from 5 Star which is waaay across town from me. Looking for something local that might have a decent reputation. That's all - I have not be screwed as of this time.

My '03 Sold.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Narcissistic fade away

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin
i would have gone to the dealership and confronted them, they are generally nicer than some small body shop. if they did not give you the answer you wanted, i would have gone up the line, to dealership owner, regional manager, or write to ford, and tell them how shitty this dealership was. and i would definately have reported both business to the Better Business Bereau, and i would let both the businesses know that i was gonna do it too. and i would file a claim with the BBB
Not sure who you are talking to.. but I did all of that, and no results. They already had 7 complaints with the BBB.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Lifer

Go to Prestige Ford in Garlang and talk to Martin. He is the body shop manager and a car guy(owns a couple of old street rods) he will do what it takes to make it right. I was a painter there for a couple of years in the early 90s and Martin is the pickiest manager I have ever worked for. If he tells you it is right, its right.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
Yup, concur. But you're kind of stuck when deesiring warranty work.
yeah, that does, make the difference. Good Luck though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement