Swirls removed? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Swirls removed?

I was wondering who here in the dfw area could remove some pretty bad swirl marks? I tried searching and asking around and the detail shops and car places that i talked too said they couldn't remove them only make them look less visible, and that was with a full detail for a $100 so i doubt they do much. Some even said they wouldn't even touch black cars, so any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Time Served

I do scratch repair/ paint touch up. I still battle with swirl marks every day, especially on black. They are hard to get rid of, usually, like you've been told, only reducing their appearance. Then using a good wax and/or which will make them disappear until it's time to do it again.

However, I have a friend who seems to be able to knock them out pretty well, better than me. I took some scratches out of a buddy's 98 SS, it was black. Our friend then took it and made it look emaculate.

So, that being said, here is his number.

Cody Hiler
817-578-0688

He lives in North Fort Worth so he is fairly close.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

swirl marks

Best thing to do with swirls is use a black foam pad with some 3m polishing glaze and go over it with a good wax. Good wax is 3m liquid wax. I work at a auto body shop and I have buff plenty of cars and never had probs with swirl marks.

Bring back the Mullet!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynCobra
I do scratch repair/ paint touch up. I still battle with swirl marks every day, especially on black. They are hard to get rid of, usually, like you've been told, only reducing their appearance. Then using a good wax and/or which will make them disappear until it's time to do it again.

However, I have a friend who seems to be able to knock them out pretty well, better than me. I took some scratches out of a buddy's 98 SS, it was black. Our friend then took it and made it look emaculate.

So, that being said, here is his number.

Cody Hiler
817-578-0688

He lives in North Fort Worth so he is fairly close.
another vote for cody, has done my car and my wife's. search the picture forum for zaino by slow99 and there are the results of cody detailing my car.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Thanks I get my check this week so hopefully I can finally get those swirls out. Btw how much did he charge?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by black02mustang
Thanks I get my check this week so hopefully I can finally get those swirls out. Btw how much did he charge?
i was very happy with his prices, i didn't have swirl removal specifically done so i won't speculate on that. give him a call, nice guy and very reasonable
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Time Served

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatcamaros
Best thing to do with swirls is use a black foam pad with some 3m polishing glaze and go over it with a good wax. Good wax is 3m liquid wax. I work at a auto body shop and I have buff plenty of cars and never had probs with swirl marks.

I could agree with this more...the 3m stuff is amazing...we had this one 3m compound when I worked at the body shop...can't remember what it's called but it had fine pieces of glass in it (i think) took out scratches etc like you wouldn't believe.
Once you get the swirls out, take care when washing the car etc...black is a pain, the more gentle you are the better.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Time Served

do it yourself lazy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement