Zaino polish won't come off the car! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
The Dude Abides

Zaino polish won't come off the car!

I've been trying to get some polish on the Z06 since Saturday and have been having nothing but problems. I washed it with Dawn Saturday afternoon and then used my new buffer to put some Z5 on the car. I let it dry for about an hour and a half and then took it off. It did come off that time, but I did have to use a lot of muscle to get it done. Then I put another coat on the hood by hand, let it dry another hour and half and tried to take it off, but I could still see where I had applied the polish (straight motions along the length of the car). I even tried some Z6 to take it off, still using a lot of muscle, but no dice.

I tried again on Monday night (rain all Sunday) and it came off a little better, but I didn't know if I was seeing things or not so I tried one more thin coat. It wouldn't come off last night and still won't come off tonight. It is worse now than it was either of the two previous times I applied it. I can definitely see streaks where it was applied, and I can tell where the cloth stopped and started on the surface of the car. Z6 doesn't help, muscle doesn't help.

I know I didn't follow the directions to the T and what I did just made it worse, but I've used this product before and have never had this problem. The only thing I can think of to do now is to try to get it off the car with Dawn and start over.

Anyone had this happen or have any suggestions?

'92LX Hatchback FOR SALE
N/A 302
320 rwhp / 347 rw ft-lb

Best Pass:
60 ft: 1.591
1/8th: 7.464
1/8th mph: 91.38
1/4th: 11.777
1/4th mph: 113.78

https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=29339&sort=1&cat=3&page=1

'02 Z06
349 rwhp / 335 rw ft-lb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Did you use Z2 first? A buffer?

I always did it by hand. I work around the car, that way, by the time I come around I take it off. I do it in the shade.

Use dawn to strip it down again to start again. I hope it isn't the paint.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Did you use Z2 first? A buffer?

I always did it by hand. I work around the car, that way, by the time I come around I take it off. I do it in the shade.

Use dawn to strip it down again to start again. I hope it isn't the paint.
His problem is using the buffer. I bet he put WAY too much on.
Wash it with Dawn, Use a polish or AIO to prep the surface and then follow Zaino's directions. USE VERY SPARINGLY!!!!!!!
Use the Z2 with the acellerator, 3 coats in 24 hrs limit, until the surface is as smooth as you want. Use the detailer between coats to remove excess. ONE OZ. should be PLENTY for you car FOR EACH COAT.
Use the Z5 in the same fashion.
Good luck!

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Rolling the one fiddy.

Carleton cleaned the fock out of his zo6 with pics on his site.

http://www.spdkilz.com/techtipcarcare.html

badass car..
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

its too humid out. had same problem. it left streaks. had to use tropicare. then problem was solved
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0donnie
its too humid out. had same problem. it left streaks. had to use tropicare. then problem was solved
Naaaaaa...........his problem was too much zaino!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
The Dude Abides

Quote:

What is Tropicare and where can I get it? I'll probably try the Dawn first since I've already got that.

Mach1 - I am sure you are correct in stating that I've used too much Zaino (per coat). I'll keep that under control next time.

The humidity is TERRIBLE here, so that doesn't help at all. I don't have any of the Zaino accelerator, I guess I should have picked some of that up.

I haven't put any Z2 on the car yet, I wanted to get some Z5 on it first and then move on to a few coats of Z2.

What are the chances that this has damaged the finish? It is still on the car and I won't be able to wash it again until tonight...

Thanks everyone.

'92LX Hatchback FOR SALE
N/A 302
320 rwhp / 347 rw ft-lb

Best Pass:

https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=29339&sort=1&cat=3&page=1

'02 Z06
349 rwhp / 335 rw ft-lb
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GreenMonster
What is Tropicare and where can I get it? I'll probably try the Dawn first since I've already got that.

Mach1 - I am sure you are correct in stating that I've used too much Zaino (per coat). I'll keep that under control next time.

The humidity is TERRIBLE here, so that doesn't help at all. I don't have any of the Zaino accelerator, I guess I should have picked some of that up.

I haven't put any Z2 on the car yet, I wanted to get some Z5 on it first and then move on to a few coats of Z2.

What are the chances that this has damaged the finish? It is still on the car and I won't be able to wash it again until tonight...

Thanks everyone.
Dude,
Leave the Tropic stuff alone
Your finish isnt hurt.
wash it with the dawn a couple times, use Klass AOI to get the finish close to what ya want. Get the accelerator and use the Z-5 to get the finish super smooth. ........i think I had it reversed.
JUST GO BY THIS GUIDE
subsitute the AOI for the claybar
ZAINO APPLICATION TIPS

1. Because Zaino Show Car Polish is optically perfect (99.9%) The optimum results are achieved by using over wax free paint.

2. If you are looking for the ultimate paint surface preparation. Use Z-18 ClayBar first or skip to Step 3.

Zaino Z-18 ClayBar was designed to remove airborne contaminants, paint overspray, water spots, rail dust, industrial fallout, diesel fuel & catalytic converter residue and any other bonded surface contaminants from paint. All cars even brand new factory paint has airborne contaminants... Here's the deal. The non-abrasive Z-18 ClayBar will remove any surface contaminants from the paint finish and not hurt the clear-coat. The ClayBar will get that paint finish smooth as glass. Now remember waterspots, bird droppings and bug guts if left on the paint finish for any length of time, will etch into the paint finish. The ClayBar will also remove any store bought waxes....

I recommend you use my car wash (Z-7) as a lubricant for the ClayBar. Just make sure to keep the surface area lubricated while using the ClayBar. Use 1/2 capful of Z-7 Car Wash to 12 ounces of water. I use a spray bottle for the mix. Shake it up and spray the area to be Clayed. Just make sure to keep the surface area lubricated while using the ClayBar.

3. I would definitely recommend you remove the wax buildup on your paint. Just use Liquid Dawn (hand dishwashing liquid) as a car wash. It has a high alkaline content which cuts right thru carnauba wax, paraffin, silicone oils, etc. This will get your paint finish squeeky clean and wax free.

I don't advise making a habit of washing your car with Dawn. But for this scenario it's fine. High alkaline products like Dawn are tough on polishes. It will never harm the paint finish though. A car wash is made specifically to clean without removing durable polishes. ALSO, Make sure you remove any water spots, before you apply my products. Because Zaino has no abrasives or harsh solvents it will not remove water spots or stains. Z-18 ClayBar is great for removing any paint surface contaminants. Re-wash the entire vehicle with Z-7 Car Wash immediately after the ClayBar
Cleaning Process.

4. The basic products you will need are Z1 or the new ZFX accelerator additive, Z2, Z5 (optional, but highly recommended), Z6 and Z7.
Note: The New ZFX accelerator additive is our latest innovation and designed as a substitute and/or replacement for Z-1.

5. Start with either Z-1 Polish Lok as per directions OR the preferred New ZFX accelerator additive. If you are using Z-1 it does not need to dry. Remember do not wipe off the Z-1 Polish Lok. Apply Z-5 or Z-2 PRO directly over the Z-1. Z-5 is the Hot ticket for a swirl free, flawless paint finish. Usually one to three coats will accomplish that.

6. Let Z-5 or Z-2 PRO polish dry at least one hour. Please NOTE: Zaino Show Car Polish works best at 60 degrees or higher. However, it can be applied down to temperatures of 45 degrees. It just will take much, much longer to dry. As much as two to three hours drying time is required if the temperature is 50 degrees or below. Also, If the humidity is high. Longer drying time is necessary. Humidity is a killer on the drying time of Z-2 PRO or Z-5. The moisture in the air hinders drying time up to four times longer than normal. Sorry, but I can't help this. When you try to remove Z-2 PRO or Z-5 when it is still wet. All you're accomplishing is moving it around. Kinda like reapplying it. Also you need to use a LARGE White 100% Bath size towel (please refer to my Tips & Tricks sheet on my web site for the proper towels to use) to remove Z-2 PRO or Z-5. Smaller towels will not work efficiently.

To test if Z-2 PRO or Z-5 is dry and ready to be removed. Wipe your finger on a hazed section. It should immediately come off and leave a crytal clear finish. If it smears, it is still wet. You can leave Z-2 PRO or Z-5 on for hours or overnight if you desire. When it is not humid Z-2 PRO will take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to dry. Depending on how heavy you applied it. I have applied Z-2 PRO in the Arizona sun and it dried in approx. 3 to 5 minutes. I have also applied it in 38 degree temperature and it took about 2 to 3 hours to dry. Be patient. It's worth it. Different situations affect drying times. Also, remember you have Z-1 and Z-5 both on the car. That is two products that have to dry at one time. Takes longer. Z-2 PRO or Z-5 does not cotain any oils and once it's dry will never ever look smeary or feel greasy. If you remove Z-2 PRO or Z-5 before it is thoroughly dry and get any smears. Just wipe down the car with a damp cotton towel. This will remove any smears. Don't use Z-6 until you wipe the car down. If you'd like call me and I'll help you out with more info!
Note: If you are using the New ZFX accelerator additive drying time is greatly reduced.

7. After removal of Zaino Z-2 PRO or Z-5. You should wait 24 hours if the outside temperature is under 70 degrees and 6 hours if over 70 degrees, before applying the next coat of Z-5 or Z-2 PRO.

8. Use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray as per directions, between each and every coat of Z-5 or Z-2 PRO. It really helps give a three dimensional look.

It's antistatic properties will reduce dust and dirt pickup by 60%. Z-6 can be used immediately after removing Z-2 PRO or Z-5 or right before applying the next coat of Z-2 PRO or Z-5. Most of my customers prefer to use Z-6 both, before and after Z-2 PRO or Z-5 for that extra gloss boost.

9. You can switch to Z-2 PRO as soon as you are happy with the way the paint finish looks. Example, no more swirls, scratches etc. It's up to you. Z-2 PRO has higher optical properties than Z-5. You can go from Z-2 PRO to Z-5 and then back to Z-2 PRO as often as you want. Z-2 PRO and Z-5 are 100% compatible and interchangeable. You should always end with Z-2 PRO as the last coat because of its higher optics.

10. The number of coats of Z-2 PRO or Z-5 is up to you. When you reach the level of enhancement you like, normal maintenence with Z-7 Car Wash and Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray is all that's necessary. Naturally apply a coat of Z-2 PRO or Z-5 whenever you feel it is required.

NOTE: One application of Zaino Z-2 PRO or Z-5 will outlast anything in the industry and is all you'll ever need for an average vehicle. However, Multiple coats will achieve an even deeper, wetter-looking, ultra high gloss. Plus higher paint protection. It's up to you....You be the judge...

ALWAYS use only 100% Cotton towels. They must be Made in USA. Brand name (Cannon or Fieldcrest) large white bath size towels.

A BEAUTIFUL SHOW CAR FINISH IN A DAY!

Zaino Show Car Polish is designed to be layered. With each layer you apply, your car's paint looks better and feels smoother. Depth, gloss and clarity all increase with each coat.

Like all other polymer based polish and protection systems, Zaino Show Car Polish must cure before applying subsequent coats. The curing process allows the polymer chains to cross-link, building strength and durability. If the polymer strands have not cross-linked (cured), applying a fresh coat of polish will not achieve the optimum layered result. Consequently, creating a show car finish can be a long process of applying a layer, waiting, and applying another layer.

The Wait is Over!
Zaino ZFX Show Car Polish accelerator solves the wait problem. We worked for several years to engineer a molecular reaction that causes the polymers in Zaino Show Car Polish to set rapidly. Using ZFX with your choice of Z-2 PRO, Z-3 or Z-5 Show Car Polish, it is now possible to apply two or three coats of polish in a single day to create beautiful show car special effects. The result is nothing less than stunning.

ZFX saves you time and effort. It's no longer necessary to keep your car in the garage for a whole weekend just so you can apply two or three coats of polish. Using ZFX, you'll apply multiple coats in just a few hours.

Prior to using ZFX Enabled Show Car Polish
Before applying ZFX enabled Show Car Polish, wash, dry and inspect your cars finish. It should be very smooth. If the paint has a rough, bumpy feel, you have surface contamination which must be removed using our Z-18 ClayBar.

Prior to using Zaino Show Car Polish for the first time, we recommend using Dawn dishwashing liquid to wash your car. Dawn will dissolve wax and other sealants, and easily removes grease, tar and bug remains. Be sure to rinse your car very well after using Dawn. After your first application of Zaino Show Car Polish, use Z-7 Show Car Wash for regular washing.

Mixing ZFX with Show Car Polish
Each ZFX kit comes with a 2ml vial of accelerator mix and several 2 ounce mixing bottles. A single ZFX kit provides enough mix to accommodate 16 ounces of Zaino Show Car Polish.

Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4 to 5 drops of ZFX (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds.

While you get your towels and applicators ready, allow the ZFX enabled Zaino Show Car Polish to sit for five minutes so the ZFX can begin activating the polish. Give the applicator bottle a final shake for 10 seconds before using.

Applying ZFX Enabled Show Car Polish
Follow these easy steps:

1. Apply Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX with a 100%, made in the USA, cotton applicator. Use the polish sparingly. A small amount goes a long way, and you will be applying multiple coats.
2. Squirt a dime size dab of polish on your applicator and rub it into your paint using circular hand motions. Then, go over the same area using a straight back and forth motion on top panels and an up and down motion on side panels. Allow the polish to haze over (20 minutes is sufficient).
3. Buff off the Show Car Polish residue with a high quality, 100%, made in the USA, cotton detailing towel.
4. After buffing, spray the car with a light mist of Z-6 Ultra Clean detailing spray. Z-6 will help buff away any remaining residue and enhances the brightness of the finish. Using Z-6, the next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish will apply even easier.

You're now ready to apply your next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX. There's no need to wait. Simply follow steps 1-4 above one more time. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel to remove each coat of ZFX enabled Show Car Polish.

Note: Apply no more than three coats of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX in a 24 hour period. For optimum results, use your ZFX enabled polish within 6 hours of mixing. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel for removal of each coat.

Note: When you are finished polishing, wash the mixing bottle inside and out with a heavy concentration of liquid dishwashing detergent and thoroughly rinse. The ZFX mixing bottles cannot be reused if the polish remains in the bottle for more than 12 hours. After 12 hours, it is not possible to completely clean the mixing bottle. Throw the mixing bottle and any unused polish contents away after 12 hours.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
Dude,
Leave the Tropic stuff alone
Your finish isnt hurt.
wash it with the dawn a couple times, use Klass AOI to get the finish close to what ya want. Get the accelerator and use the Z-5 to get the finish super smooth. ........i think I had it reversed.
JUST GO BY THIS GUIDE
subsitute the AOI for the claybar
ZAINO APPLICATION TIPS

1. Because Zaino Show Car Polish is optically perfect (99.9%) The optimum results are achieved by using over wax free paint.

2. If you are looking for the ultimate paint surface preparation. Use Z-18 ClayBar first or skip to Step 3.

Zaino Z-18 ClayBar was designed to remove airborne contaminants, paint overspray, water spots, rail dust, industrial fallout, diesel fuel & catalytic converter residue and any other bonded surface contaminants from paint. All cars even brand new factory paint has airborne contaminants... Here's the deal. The non-abrasive Z-18 ClayBar will remove any surface contaminants from the paint finish and not hurt the clear-coat. The ClayBar will get that paint finish smooth as glass. Now remember waterspots, bird droppings and bug guts if left on the paint finish for any length of time, will etch into the paint finish. The ClayBar will also remove any store bought waxes....

I recommend you use my car wash (Z-7) as a lubricant for the ClayBar. Just make sure to keep the surface area lubricated while using the ClayBar. Use 1/2 capful of Z-7 Car Wash to 12 ounces of water. I use a spray bottle for the mix. Shake it up and spray the area to be Clayed. Just make sure to keep the surface area lubricated while using the ClayBar.

3. I would definitely recommend you remove the wax buildup on your paint. Just use Liquid Dawn (hand dishwashing liquid) as a car wash. It has a high alkaline content which cuts right thru carnauba wax, paraffin, silicone oils, etc. This will get your paint finish squeeky clean and wax free.

I don't advise making a habit of washing your car with Dawn. But for this scenario it's fine. High alkaline products like Dawn are tough on polishes. It will never harm the paint finish though. A car wash is made specifically to clean without removing durable polishes. ALSO, Make sure you remove any water spots, before you apply my products. Because Zaino has no abrasives or harsh solvents it will not remove water spots or stains. Z-18 ClayBar is great for removing any paint surface contaminants. Re-wash the entire vehicle with Z-7 Car Wash immediately after the ClayBar
Cleaning Process.

4. The basic products you will need are Z1 or the new ZFX accelerator additive, Z2, Z5 (optional, but highly recommended), Z6 and Z7.
Note: The New ZFX accelerator additive is our latest innovation and designed as a substitute and/or replacement for Z-1.

5. Start with either Z-1 Polish Lok as per directions OR the preferred New ZFX accelerator additive. If you are using Z-1 it does not need to dry. Remember do not wipe off the Z-1 Polish Lok. Apply Z-5 or Z-2 PRO directly over the Z-1. Z-5 is the Hot ticket for a swirl free, flawless paint finish. Usually one to three coats will accomplish that.

6. Let Z-5 or Z-2 PRO polish dry at least one hour. Please NOTE: Zaino Show Car Polish works best at 60 degrees or higher. However, it can be applied down to temperatures of 45 degrees. It just will take much, much longer to dry. As much as two to three hours drying time is required if the temperature is 50 degrees or below. Also, If the humidity is high. Longer drying time is necessary. Humidity is a killer on the drying time of Z-2 PRO or Z-5. The moisture in the air hinders drying time up to four times longer than normal. Sorry, but I can't help this. When you try to remove Z-2 PRO or Z-5 when it is still wet. All you're accomplishing is moving it around. Kinda like reapplying it. Also you need to use a LARGE White 100% Bath size towel (please refer to my Tips & Tricks sheet on my web site for the proper towels to use) to remove Z-2 PRO or Z-5. Smaller towels will not work efficiently.

To test if Z-2 PRO or Z-5 is dry and ready to be removed. Wipe your finger on a hazed section. It should immediately come off and leave a crytal clear finish. If it smears, it is still wet. You can leave Z-2 PRO or Z-5 on for hours or overnight if you desire. When it is not humid Z-2 PRO will take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to dry. Depending on how heavy you applied it. I have applied Z-2 PRO in the Arizona sun and it dried in approx. 3 to 5 minutes. I have also applied it in 38 degree temperature and it took about 2 to 3 hours to dry. Be patient. It's worth it. Different situations affect drying times. Also, remember you have Z-1 and Z-5 both on the car. That is two products that have to dry at one time. Takes longer. Z-2 PRO or Z-5 does not cotain any oils and once it's dry will never ever look smeary or feel greasy. If you remove Z-2 PRO or Z-5 before it is thoroughly dry and get any smears. Just wipe down the car with a damp cotton towel. This will remove any smears. Don't use Z-6 until you wipe the car down. If you'd like call me and I'll help you out with more info!
Note: If you are using the New ZFX accelerator additive drying time is greatly reduced.

7. After removal of Zaino Z-2 PRO or Z-5. You should wait 24 hours if the outside temperature is under 70 degrees and 6 hours if over 70 degrees, before applying the next coat of Z-5 or Z-2 PRO.

8. Use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray as per directions, between each and every coat of Z-5 or Z-2 PRO. It really helps give a three dimensional look.

It's antistatic properties will reduce dust and dirt pickup by 60%. Z-6 can be used immediately after removing Z-2 PRO or Z-5 or right before applying the next coat of Z-2 PRO or Z-5. Most of my customers prefer to use Z-6 both, before and after Z-2 PRO or Z-5 for that extra gloss boost.

9. You can switch to Z-2 PRO as soon as you are happy with the way the paint finish looks. Example, no more swirls, scratches etc. It's up to you. Z-2 PRO has higher optical properties than Z-5. You can go from Z-2 PRO to Z-5 and then back to Z-2 PRO as often as you want. Z-2 PRO and Z-5 are 100% compatible and interchangeable. You should always end with Z-2 PRO as the last coat because of its higher optics.

10. The number of coats of Z-2 PRO or Z-5 is up to you. When you reach the level of enhancement you like, normal maintenence with Z-7 Car Wash and Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray is all that's necessary. Naturally apply a coat of Z-2 PRO or Z-5 whenever you feel it is required.

NOTE: One application of Zaino Z-2 PRO or Z-5 will outlast anything in the industry and is all you'll ever need for an average vehicle. However, Multiple coats will achieve an even deeper, wetter-looking, ultra high gloss. Plus higher paint protection. It's up to you....You be the judge...

ALWAYS use only 100% Cotton towels. They must be Made in USA. Brand name (Cannon or Fieldcrest) large white bath size towels.

A BEAUTIFUL SHOW CAR FINISH IN A DAY!

Zaino Show Car Polish is designed to be layered. With each layer you apply, your car's paint looks better and feels smoother. Depth, gloss and clarity all increase with each coat.

Like all other polymer based polish and protection systems, Zaino Show Car Polish must cure before applying subsequent coats. The curing process allows the polymer chains to cross-link, building strength and durability. If the polymer strands have not cross-linked (cured), applying a fresh coat of polish will not achieve the optimum layered result. Consequently, creating a show car finish can be a long process of applying a layer, waiting, and applying another layer.

The Wait is Over!
Zaino ZFX Show Car Polish accelerator solves the wait problem. We worked for several years to engineer a molecular reaction that causes the polymers in Zaino Show Car Polish to set rapidly. Using ZFX with your choice of Z-2 PRO, Z-3 or Z-5 Show Car Polish, it is now possible to apply two or three coats of polish in a single day to create beautiful show car special effects. The result is nothing less than stunning.

ZFX saves you time and effort. It's no longer necessary to keep your car in the garage for a whole weekend just so you can apply two or three coats of polish. Using ZFX, you'll apply multiple coats in just a few hours.

Prior to using ZFX Enabled Show Car Polish
Before applying ZFX enabled Show Car Polish, wash, dry and inspect your cars finish. It should be very smooth. If the paint has a rough, bumpy feel, you have surface contamination which must be removed using our Z-18 ClayBar.

Prior to using Zaino Show Car Polish for the first time, we recommend using Dawn dishwashing liquid to wash your car. Dawn will dissolve wax and other sealants, and easily removes grease, tar and bug remains. Be sure to rinse your car very well after using Dawn. After your first application of Zaino Show Car Polish, use Z-7 Show Car Wash for regular washing.

Mixing ZFX with Show Car Polish
Each ZFX kit comes with a 2ml vial of accelerator mix and several 2 ounce mixing bottles. A single ZFX kit provides enough mix to accommodate 16 ounces of Zaino Show Car Polish.

Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4 to 5 drops of ZFX (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds.

While you get your towels and applicators ready, allow the ZFX enabled Zaino Show Car Polish to sit for five minutes so the ZFX can begin activating the polish. Give the applicator bottle a final shake for 10 seconds before using.

Applying ZFX Enabled Show Car Polish
Follow these easy steps:

1. Apply Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX with a 100%, made in the USA, cotton applicator. Use the polish sparingly. A small amount goes a long way, and you will be applying multiple coats.
2. Squirt a dime size dab of polish on your applicator and rub it into your paint using circular hand motions. Then, go over the same area using a straight back and forth motion on top panels and an up and down motion on side panels. Allow the polish to haze over (20 minutes is sufficient).
3. Buff off the Show Car Polish residue with a high quality, 100%, made in the USA, cotton detailing towel.
4. After buffing, spray the car with a light mist of Z-6 Ultra Clean detailing spray. Z-6 will help buff away any remaining residue and enhances the brightness of the finish. Using Z-6, the next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish will apply even easier.

You're now ready to apply your next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX. There's no need to wait. Simply follow steps 1-4 above one more time. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel to remove each coat of ZFX enabled Show Car Polish.

Note: Apply no more than three coats of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX in a 24 hour period. For optimum results, use your ZFX enabled polish within 6 hours of mixing. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel for removal of each coat.

Note: When you are finished polishing, wash the mixing bottle inside and out with a heavy concentration of liquid dishwashing detergent and thoroughly rinse. The ZFX mixing bottles cannot be reused if the polish remains in the bottle for more than 12 hours. After 12 hours, it is not possible to completely clean the mixing bottle. Throw the mixing bottle and any unused polish contents away after 12 hours.
Couldn't you just post the link.

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

leave tropicare alone Ha. Its the best out there. We only use it on our show cars. It is better than the other crap. If you want listen to the other guy he knows more than me. So what ever see at the shows
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 11:19 AM
aggie97's protege'

haha I want some Zaino .,.,

2002 Silver Mustang GT
2004-Kawasaki ZX6RR
# 370
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
The Dude Abides

OK, well my first step will be to wash it with Dawn after work and try to get that shit off. After this, I feel like I'm really close to giving up on the Z5, but I may try a very thin coat. This has been very frustrating, I can't even drive the car and the weather is decent (aka it's not raining).

'92LX Hatchback FOR SALE
N/A 302
320 rwhp / 347 rw ft-lb

Best Pass:

'02 Z06
349 rwhp / 335 rw ft-lb
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Lifer

Quote:
leave tropicare alone Ha. Its the best out there. We only use it on our show cars. It is better than the other crap. If you want listen to the other guy he knows more than me. So what ever see at the shows
Louise won in 4 out of 5 shows I entered her in until racing became MORE fun than showing!
I think I know what's best................I'll bet I've been doing it MUCH longer than you.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
OK, well my first step will be to wash it with Dawn after work and try to get that shit off. After this, I feel like I'm really close to giving up on the Z5, but I may try a very thin coat. This has been very frustrating, I can't even drive the car and the weather is decent (aka it's not raining).
Well............If ya really don't want it no more, You can throw it in the back of my truck if ya want and I'll get rid of it for ya!
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
The Dude Abides

I just had the car out in the sun, and it is TOUGH to see the streaks, but I can still see them with direct light in the garage. I'm going to try to wash that shit off now.

Out of curiousity, what is wrong with applying the polish with the buffer? FWIW, I was using Griot's buffing pads.

'92LX Hatchback FOR SALE
N/A 302
320 rwhp / 347 rw ft-lb

Best Pass:

'02 Z06
349 rwhp / 335 rw ft-lb
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

LMFAO @ Zaino

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
The Dude Abides

Using Dawn didn't do shit, this is really starting to piss me off. I'm going to try to find some 3M wax remover, but this is getting ridiculous. I can't be the first person to ever put too much polish on a damn car; it should not be this tough to remove it.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKD
LMFAO @ Zaino

I'm starting to agree, I'm gettin really fed up with this shit and I'm about to fuckin toss it all.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKD
LMFAO @ Zaino
Shaddup! Yo Momma luvs Zaino!
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Out of curiousity, what is wrong with applying the polish with the buffer? FWIW, I was using Griot's buffing pads.
Quote:
What is the difference between a wax and a polish?
There is a great deal of confusion today regarding this. Due to marketing efforts by some companies, the two terms have almost become interchangeable. A pure polish is just that, a polish, and most of the time contains abrasives, fine or coarse, to polish the paint to a smooth finish. Polishes will feed oils into the paint along with conditioners and will create a gloss that is not possible with waxes.

Wax is designed to protect the area that has been polished. Waxes made with carnauba are recommended by paint manufacturers since they allow the paint to breathe and provide hard protection.
I would PM Henry (Boosted32V)
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

just try another wax on top of it to see if it helps
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
The Dude Abides

Quote:
just try another wax on top of it to see if it helps
I may do that tomorrow, I'm gonna bring it to work to show another guy and see what he thinks. The streaks are tough to see without the right light, but I know they're there and I want this fixed. The only way this stuff has come out looking good is with the buffer, so I'll probably stick with that.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 06:32 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
I may do that tomorrow, I'm gonna bring it to work to show another guy and see what he thinks. The streaks are tough to see without the right light, but I know they're there and I want this fixed. The only way this stuff has come out looking good is with the buffer, so I'll probably stick with that.
Polish + buffer is not a good idea, unless you really understand what the polish is doing to your paint. Polish removes a very small portion of the paint to bring new luster to the top. Using a buffer does it faster. If you have streaks after stripping the car with dawn, that is why I am saying have your paint finished checked by someone on here that does paint work.

Quote:
Buffers are for pros or serious enthusiasts. The opportunity to ruin a paint job with a buffer is too high when a powerful, rotating machine is put in the hands of an unskilled person.
http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=24

Quote:
Nonetheless, some owners of exotic cars absolutely will not permit a buffer anywhere near their paint services, no matter how skilled and practiced the buffer operator. They know something many do-it-yourself detailers may not: some types of buffing machines, notably the rotary kind, are unforgiving. A momentary lapse of the operator's attention can allow the buffer, because it is powerful, to cut-"burn"-right through a paint service. And, in the case of clear-coated cars, right through the clearcoat and down to, even through, the color layer of paint. By contrast, other types of buffing machines-orbital buffers-are far less apt to do damage, even in the hands of a weekend detailer.
http://wwww.procarcare.com/icarumba/..._bodycare4.asp

Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 05-12-2005 at 08:23 AM.
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 06:15 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

JOSH . . . BREEEEEEEEATH!!!!!

Dude, chill for a second. You haven't ruined it. You just put it on wrong.

First off: Fuck the buffer. Give it back to Bab.

Second: Get a Clay Bar. Mother's will do Just Fine. I don't care what any of these fuckers say. Yellow Clay bar is Yellow Clay Bar. But FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND TAKE YOUR TIME. The clay bar will take all that zaino off. If you do it RIGHT. Remember, Patience and take your time.

Third: Did you just buy Z-5 and nothing else? HOLY SHIT, no wonder it's fucked up. You HAVE to use the steps with Zaino: Z-1, then Z-2, Then Z-5. [Slapping you across the head]

I know zaino, I used it on the GN. But I've found that it is a Pain in the Ass to apply the first time.

I clay barred the entire TTA, then I bought a sample kit from Tropi-care just to see what it did. ( www.tropicare.com It's made in Allen, TX and they're selling it at all the car shows up here in the Good part of the state. You ain't gonna get shit done down there in the Arm Pit of Hell).

Tropicare is much easier to apply, and once I used the clay bar, and applied it the first time, my 15 year old paint felt WET. And it's getting better each time I use it (about to go clean and polish it tonight). Hell, it brought out so much shine the last time I used it, I could see that my car used to have the Pace Car Decals on the door.

But seeing as how you've already bought 2/3 of the Zaino, you have a choice. Either buy the Z-1 and Z-2 and do it by hand. Or buy some Tropicare when you come up here for the Wedding and I'll HELP you put it on CAREFULLY with NO RAGE!!!!!

Give me a call if you have any questions.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Any success at using a different wax?
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:46 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Any success at using a different wax?
I talked to him. He's being a paranoid dumbass. He said you can't notice it unless you look really hard . . . under a fluorescent light Chump. LOL

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Lifer

The reason your having problems is you are applying the product WRONG!!!! Zaino is no made to apply with a buffer. Buy some ZFX accelerater and follow the directions and you will be very happy with the results.

TropiCare is an ok product it does give a nice gloss finish but it doesnt last as long as Zaino. They are both easy to apply so stick with what you have.

I have used Zaino on my last 3 cars and they all looked great
http://image09.webshots.com/9/0/68/3...7pjocTQ_ph.jpg

http://image02.webshots.com/2/9/47/8...1eGmgQw_fs.jpg

http://image02.webshots.com/2/2/1/30...0JOBHtN_ph.jpg
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

The images are forbidden. You got a sexy chick on your car or something?

I have always used Zaino on the Cobra. No problems and it looks great.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

Ok I have to know....why are you washing your car with Dawn??

Is this a trick of the trade, because I have never heard using dish soap to do your car. Thanks.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 09:09 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

[QUOTE=Who Needs 8]

QUOTE]
lmmfao

Who needs please when we've got guns?
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
Ok I have to know....why are you washing your car with Dawn??

Is this a trick of the trade, because I have never heard using dish soap to do your car. Thanks.
Dish soap is great to strip wax off. Waxing a car is only needed 1-4 times a year and you should remove what remains of the wax coating before starting over. It give you a good even starting point.
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
The Dude Abides

Maston is right, it was VERY tough to see, even in bright sunlight. I knew where it was though b/c I had used the bright-ass Craftsman lights to go over the car when I was done. Shit REALLY shows up when you use those things. But I finally got the excess off with some rubbing alcohol, then went back over it with a very thin coat, still using the buffer. It dried and came off no problem, and the car looks and feels great. I just put another coat on this evening, but I'm still letting it dry right now. The light in my garage kind of sucks, but both coats I've put on so far can barely be seen without the drop lights. I think that's thin enough, and after this coat I'm moving on to the Z2 wax. This has been a pain in the ass, but it seems to be that a thin coat is the key.

'92LX Hatchback FOR SALE
N/A 302
320 rwhp / 347 rw ft-lb

Best Pass:

'02 Z06
349 rwhp / 335 rw ft-lb
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8

First off: Fuck the buffer. Give it back to Bab.

Second: Get a Clay Bar. Mother's will do Just Fine. I don't care what any of these fuckers say. Yellow Clay bar is Yellow Clay Bar. But FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND TAKE YOUR TIME. The clay bar will take all that zaino off. If you do it RIGHT. Remember, Patience and take your time.

Third: Did you just buy Z-5 and nothing else? HOLY SHIT, no wonder it's fucked up. You HAVE to use the steps with Zaino: Z-1, then Z-2, Then Z-5. [Slapping you across the head]

I know zaino, I used it on the GN. But I've found that it is a Pain in the Ass to apply the first time.

I clay barred the entire TTA, then I bought a sample kit from Tropi-care just to see what it did. ( www.tropicare.com It's made in Allen, TX and they're selling it at all the car shows up here in the Good part of the state. You ain't gonna get shit done down there in the Arm Pit of Hell).

Tropicare is much easier to apply, and once I used the clay bar, and applied it the first time, my 15 year old paint felt WET. And it's getting better each time I use it (about to go clean and polish it tonight). Hell, it brought out so much shine the last time I used it, I could see that my car used to have the Pace Car Decals on the door.

But seeing as how you've already bought 2/3 of the Zaino, you have a choice. Either buy the Z-1 and Z-2 and do it by hand. Or buy some Tropicare when you come up here for the Wedding and I'll HELP you put it on CAREFULLY with NO RAGE!!!!!

Give me a call if you have any questions.

Your link is wrong needs the dash. www.tropi-care.com

96 Laser red GT
2002 Lincoln Navigator
91 rio red coupe SOLD
90 blue coupe SOLD
2001 F150 SOLD
2004 R6 - SOLD
www.2bones.com
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Philippians 4:13

Quote:
The images are forbidden. You got a sexy chick on your car or something?

I have always used Zaino on the Cobra. No problems and it looks great.
Fixed with no nudies

Vette Pic

SS Camaro

Stang

<----YoBro

Last edited by She-Ra; 05-19-2005 at 09:47 PM.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Zar
Just the basics ;)

Tropi-care is a Zanio rip off.

1994 GT Teal:SOLD:
Just the basics

Alloy Clear Coat '07 GT
GT package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement