Originally Posted by 92GreenMonster
What is Tropicare and where can I get it? I'll probably try the Dawn first since I've already got that.
Mach1 - I am sure you are correct in stating that I've used too much Zaino (per coat). I'll keep that under control next time.
The humidity is TERRIBLE here, so that doesn't help at all. I don't have any of the Zaino accelerator, I guess I should have picked some of that up.
I haven't put any Z2 on the car yet, I wanted to get some Z5 on it first and then move on to a few coats of Z2.
What are the chances that this has damaged the finish? It is still on the car and I won't be able to wash it again until tonight...
Leave the Tropic stuff
Your finish isnt hurt.
wash it with the dawn a couple times, use Klass AOI
to get the finish close to what ya want. Get the accelerator and use the Z-5
to get the finish super smooth. ........i think I had it reversed.
JUST GO BY THIS GUIDE
subsitute the AOI for the claybar
ZAINO APPLICATION TIPS
1. Because Zaino Show Car Polish is optically perfect (99.9%) The optimum results are achieved by using over wax free paint.
2. If you are looking for the ultimate paint surface preparation. Use Z-18™ ClayBar first or skip to Step 3.
Zaino Z-18™ ClayBar was designed to remove airborne contaminants, paint overspray, water spots, rail dust, industrial fallout, diesel fuel & catalytic converter residue and any other bonded surface contaminants from paint. All cars even brand new factory paint has airborne contaminants... Here's the deal. The non-abrasive Z-18™ ClayBar will remove any surface contaminants from the paint finish and not hurt the clear-coat. The ClayBar will get that paint finish smooth as glass. Now remember waterspots, bird droppings and bug guts if left on the paint finish for any length of time, will etch into the paint finish. The ClayBar will also remove any store bought waxes....
I recommend you use my car wash (Z-7) as a lubricant for the ClayBar. Just make sure to keep the surface area lubricated while using the ClayBar. Use 1/2 capful of Z-7 Car Wash to 12 ounces of water. I use a spray bottle for the mix. Shake it up and spray the area to be Clayed. Just make sure to keep the surface area lubricated while using the ClayBar.
3. I would definitely recommend you remove the wax buildup on your paint. Just use Liquid Dawn (hand dishwashing liquid) as a car wash. It has a high alkaline content which cuts right thru carnauba wax, paraffin, silicone oils, etc. This will get your paint finish squeeky clean and wax free.
I don't advise making a habit of washing your car with Dawn. But for this scenario it's fine. High alkaline products like Dawn are tough on polishes. It will never harm the paint finish though. A car wash is made specifically to clean without removing durable polishes. ALSO, Make sure you remove any water spots, before you apply my products. Because Zaino has no abrasives or harsh solvents it will not remove water spots or stains. Z-18 ClayBar is great for removing any paint surface contaminants. Re-wash the entire vehicle with Z-7 Car Wash immediately after the ClayBar
4. The basic products you will need are Z1 or the new ZFX accelerator additive, Z2, Z5 (optional, but highly recommended), Z6 and Z7.
Note: The New ZFX accelerator additive is our latest innovation and designed as a substitute and/or replacement for Z-1.
5. Start with either Z-1 Polish Lok as per directions OR the preferred New ZFX accelerator additive. If you are using Z-1 it does not need to dry. Remember do not wipe off the Z-1 Polish Lok. Apply Z-5 or Z-2 PRO directly over the Z-1. Z-5 is the Hot ticket for a swirl free, flawless paint finish. Usually one to three coats will accomplish that.
6. Let Z-5 or Z-2 PRO polish dry at least one hour. Please NOTE: Zaino Show Car Polish works best at 60 degrees or higher. However, it can be applied down to temperatures of 45 degrees. It just will take much, much longer to dry. As much as two to three hours drying time is required if the temperature is 50 degrees or below. Also, If the humidity is high. Longer drying time is necessary. Humidity is a killer on the drying time of Z-2 PRO or Z-5. The moisture in the air hinders drying time up to four times longer than normal. Sorry, but I can't help this. When you try to remove Z-2 PRO or Z-5 when it is still wet. All you're accomplishing is moving it around. Kinda like reapplying it. Also you need to use a LARGE White 100% Bath size towel (please refer to my Tips & Tricks sheet on my web site for the proper towels to use) to remove Z-2 PRO or Z-5. Smaller towels will not work efficiently.
To test if Z-2 PRO or Z-5 is dry and ready to be removed. Wipe your finger on a hazed section. It should immediately come off and leave a crytal clear finish. If it smears, it is still wet. You can leave Z-2 PRO or Z-5 on for hours or overnight if you desire. When it is not humid Z-2 PRO will take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to dry. Depending on how heavy you applied it. I have applied Z-2 PRO in the Arizona sun and it dried in approx. 3 to 5 minutes. I have also applied it in 38 degree temperature and it took about 2 to 3 hours to dry. Be patient. It's worth it. Different situations affect drying times. Also, remember you have Z-1 and Z-5 both on the car. That is two products that have to dry at one time. Takes longer. Z-2 PRO or Z-5 does not cotain any oils and once it's dry will never ever look smeary or feel greasy. If you remove Z-2 PRO or Z-5 before it is thoroughly dry and get any smears. Just wipe down the car with a damp cotton towel. This will remove any smears. Don't use Z-6 until you wipe the car down. If you'd like call me and I'll help you out with more info!
Note: If you are using the New ZFX accelerator additive drying time is greatly reduced.
7. After removal of Zaino Z-2 PRO or Z-5. You should wait 24 hours if the outside temperature is under 70 degrees and 6 hours if over 70 degrees, before applying the next coat of Z-5 or Z-2 PRO.
8. Use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray as per directions, between each and every coat of Z-5 or Z-2 PRO. It really helps give a three dimensional look.
It's antistatic properties will reduce dust and dirt pickup by 60%. Z-6 can be used immediately after removing Z-2 PRO or Z-5 or right before applying the next coat of Z-2 PRO or Z-5. Most of my customers prefer to use Z-6 both, before and after Z-2 PRO or Z-5 for that extra gloss boost.
9. You can switch to Z-2 PRO as soon as you are happy with the way the paint finish looks. Example, no more swirls, scratches etc. It's up to you. Z-2 PRO has higher optical properties than Z-5. You can go from Z-2 PRO to Z-5 and then back to Z-2 PRO as often as you want. Z-2 PRO and Z-5 are 100% compatible and interchangeable. You should always end with Z-2 PRO as the last coat because of its higher optics.
10. The number of coats of Z-2 PRO or Z-5 is up to you. When you reach the level of enhancement you like, normal maintenence with Z-7 Car Wash and Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray is all that's necessary. Naturally apply a coat of Z-2 PRO or Z-5 whenever you feel it is required.
NOTE: One application of Zaino Z-2 PRO or Z-5 will outlast anything in the industry and is all you'll ever need for an average vehicle. However, Multiple coats will achieve an even deeper, wetter-looking, ultra high gloss. Plus higher paint protection. It's up to you....You be the judge...
ALWAYS use only 100% Cotton towels. They must be Made in USA. Brand name (Cannon or Fieldcrest) large white bath size towels.
A BEAUTIFUL SHOW CAR FINISH IN A DAY!
Zaino Show Car Polish is designed to be layered. With each layer you apply, your car's paint looks better and feels smoother. Depth, gloss and clarity all increase with each coat.
Like all other polymer based polish and protection systems, Zaino Show Car Polish must cure before applying subsequent coats. The curing process allows the polymer chains to cross-link, building strength and durability. If the polymer strands have not cross-linked (cured), applying a fresh coat of polish will not achieve the optimum layered result. Consequently, creating a show car finish can be a long process of applying a layer, waiting, and applying another layer.
The Wait is Over!
Zaino ZFX™ Show Car Polish accelerator solves the wait problem. We worked for several years to engineer a molecular reaction that causes the polymers in Zaino Show Car Polish to set rapidly. Using ZFX™ with your choice of Z-2 PRO, Z-3 or Z-5 Show Car Polish, it is now possible to apply two or three coats of polish in a single day to create beautiful show car special effects. The result is nothing less than stunning.
ZFX™ saves you time and effort. It's no longer necessary to keep your car in the garage for a whole weekend just so you can apply two or three coats of polish. Using ZFX™, you'll apply multiple coats in just a few hours.
Prior to using ZFX™ Enabled Show Car Polish
Before applying ZFX™ enabled Show Car Polish, wash, dry and inspect your car’s finish. It should be very smooth. If the paint has a rough, bumpy feel, you have surface contamination which must be removed using our Z-18 ClayBar.
Prior to using Zaino Show Car Polish for the first time, we recommend using Dawn dishwashing liquid to wash your car. Dawn will dissolve wax and other sealants, and easily removes grease, tar and bug remains. Be sure to rinse your car very well after using Dawn. After your first application of Zaino Show Car Polish, use Z-7 Show Car Wash for regular washing.
Mixing ZFX™ with Show Car Polish
Each ZFX™ kit comes with a 2ml vial of accelerator mix and several 2 ounce mixing bottles. A single ZFX™ kit provides enough mix to accommodate 16 ounces of Zaino Show Car Polish.
Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4 to 5 drops of ZFX™ (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds.
While you get your towels and applicators ready, allow the ZFX™ enabled Zaino Show Car Polish to sit for five minutes so the ZFX™ can begin activating the polish. Give the applicator bottle a final shake for 10 seconds before using.
Applying ZFX™ Enabled Show Car Polish
Follow these easy steps:
1. Apply Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ with a 100%, made in the USA, cotton applicator. Use the polish sparingly. A small amount goes a long way, and you will be applying multiple coats.
2. Squirt a dime size dab of polish on your applicator and rub it into your paint using circular hand motions. Then, go over the same area using a straight back and forth motion on top panels and an up and down motion on side panels. Allow the polish to haze over (20 minutes is sufficient).
3. Buff off the Show Car Polish residue with a high quality, 100%, made in the USA, cotton detailing towel.
4. After buffing, spray the car with a light mist of Z-6 Ultra Clean™ detailing spray. Z-6 will help buff away any remaining residue and enhances the brightness of the finish. Using Z-6, the next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish will apply even easier.
You're now ready to apply your next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™. There's no need to wait. Simply follow steps 1-4 above one more time. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel to remove each coat of ZFX™ enabled Show Car Polish.
Note: Apply no more than three coats of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ in a 24 hour period. For optimum results, use your ZFX™ enabled polish within 6 hours of mixing. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel for removal of each coat.
Note: When you are finished polishing, wash the mixing bottle inside and out with a heavy concentration of liquid dishwashing detergent and thoroughly rinse. The ZFX™ mixing bottles cannot be reused if the polish remains in the bottle for more than 12 hours. After 12 hours, it is not possible to completely clean the mixing bottle. Throw the mixing bottle and any unused polish contents away after 12 hours.