thinking about getting into the PDR business - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Newb

thinking about getting into the PDR business

has anyone on here started their own paintless dent repair business, or know someone who did? did you/he/she have much success? just seeing whats out there, its an idea i've been tossing around and thought about going ahead and getting the training and tools... its only like 2k to get started (tools and training), and if nothing else will help when i get my own hail damage. Just looking for any input or feedback about what you've heard. i'm sure theres a market out there for it, just gotta find it! any input/ideas from anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 02:10 AM
Time Served

I don't do PDR, but work with some guys who do. They've been at it for about
1 1/2 years I believe. They seem to be doing well. The dealership where they get the majority of their business is a lot they both used to work at. The sales manager gave them a chance and there they are. One of the guys is better than the other, simply because of doing more. He told me even though it's been 1 1/2 years, it took him that long to get to where he is. I've seen him take out some pretty huge dents. As far as money goes, I'm not too sure. I'd guess $1,500-2,000 / week on avg. between the two of them judging from what I see. Plus, hail season is coming.

Hope this helps.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 06:38 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I cannot tell you much about this guy's business except that it was a PDR business and I believe auto tinting.

We went to a birthday party one day for my daughter to a house in Firewheel on a golf course lot. A brand new 328i and a 540i sitting in the driveway (both white, looked sweet together in the garage).

When I asked the father of the birthday girl what he did he replied, "Paintless dent repair". Didn't ask him much after that.

So, I do know you can afford a golf course lot in Firewheel (I'd say high 300s+) and two brand new BMWs for the garage from it.

I'd have to say you'd have to get to know the car dealers and insurance companies in the area to make a decent go at it. This guy told me he did alot with State Farm and ran a few crews.

I'd also say to make the big bucks, you'd have to run crews.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement