Cheap & Easy Scratch Repair
I had this happen to me with my Oxford White 89GT.
1. Get matching "duplicolor" spray can or similar where the paint matches.
2. Mask off area of repair plus a few inches above below left and right.
3. Spray area with a light coat of Duplicolor.
4. LET DRY COMPLETELY... Then wet sand with 600grit or higher using sanding block.
5. Sand lightly with plenty water to avoid damaging surrounding original paint.
6. Repeat this until scratch has been filled with duplicolor.
7. Buff area best you can, preferably with a Porter Cable 7424 and yellow pad. I did it by hand.... I know you can do this and save yourself some $$....