Boat Detailing/Restoring Finish - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
The Stock Vert Club

Boat Detailing/Restoring Finish

I've got an boat that has a dull and chaulky finish... the boat is an 89 fiberglass boat. I have tried to use Zaino or other polishes with no luck. Do any of you know of anything that will work on this? I want the finish to be shiny again. There are a bunch of stripe decals that are faded and I am going to get one of those rubber wheels to strip off all of the decals. I started pealing the decals off in a few places and noticed the paint is nice and shiney underneath them. I just want all of the boat to look decent. Any suggestions? The boat looks pretty rough and I even thought about busting out some Krylon... LOL Have any of you guys with high speed buffers ever tried to buff a boat with any luck? Are there any boat detailers?

Just looking for some advice on how to get this POS to look halfway decent again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Lifer

You can try to have someone buff it with a heavy compound, if that doesn't work you have to sand it W/ 800 and clear it. The gelcoat is probably getting thin.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Lifer

Depending on the condition, you might be able to get away with a light-med compound or even just a cleaner. If you're near GP, I'd be happy to give it a whirl with what I have.

George

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Time Served

Same here, have a DeWalt Buffer. Live In Keller, We'll definitely try a test spot or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement