DFW Mustang Forums banner

good on black cars????

752 views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  94darkhorse 
G
#1 · (Edited)
does anyone know of anything that will bring out the shine on a black car? ive tried a couple of things but nothing makes it shine as much as i want.....im thinking about getting into the zaino team

#11 ·
By the way, are you planning on doing this by hand or machine? I use Meguiar's products when I detail cars. I use the Gold Class wax or No. 7 Glaze. Both will give great results on dark colors. Just be sure the surface has been properly cleaned as this is the foundation to great results. Good luck

#15 ·
I bought the Zaino kit a year ago for my Mystic. Since the directions were a little more complicated than:
1. Wash
2. Dry
I decided to practice first on my daily driver, a black 1999 GMC Sierra.

Going through all the steps exactly according to the directions, for the first time, took about three hours altogether. Have plenty of clean white 100% cotton towels ready. The results were remarkable. I am going to try attaching a photo, but it really doesn't do justice to the shine--I could have shaved in my reflection.

Even a friend of mine who washes his truck annually commented on it.

Attachments

#22 ·
peppar said:
its cause he's an Ethug and probaly never used it before. . . . . . . . .
Its because Im an automotive painter who know that wax only fills in scratches for a few days. If you really want a car to shine the best thing to do is buff it, insted of it just filling in scratches, it gets rid of them if you know what your doing. And wtf is an Ethug?

#25 ·
I use stuff called " Midnight Special". It's proffesional wax, got it from a delivery service at Prestige Ford for $15!!
Works great.

My 01 F250 and my 90 coupe are black. This stuff works great!!!
No Streaks or Swirls!! :eek: :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.