Paint defects? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

Paint defects?

My cars hood has been peeling off since I got it. A few spots looks like someone just peeled it off and its all perfectly smooth underneath and its in several different areas of the hood. First time I took it to the dealer they said was rock chips from the small sive and obvious indentations. I agreed and bought the touch up paint. These new spots are way too big to be rock chips, nickel sized and are not pitted. Looks like I'll be heading back to the dealership asap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101
My cars hood has been peeling off since I got it. A few spots looks like someone just peeled it off and its all perfectly smooth underneath and its in several different areas of the hood. First time I took it to the dealer they said was rock chips from the small sive and obvious indentations. I agreed and bought the touch up paint. These new spots are way too big to be rock chips, nickel sized and are not pitted. Looks like I'll be heading back to the dealership asap.
Let me know how it goes, I've got hundreds of "rock chips"on a black 03, i heard a few other people did as well
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 08:25 AM

sounds like the beginning of the imfamous ford repaint.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 03:16 PM
It's called AA

I had the EXACT same thing happen on my '02 GT which was black so it really stood out. It really only happened on the hood, and I had to have it repained TWICE, and I only had the car about 10 months.

Good luck.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2002Cutie
I had the EXACT same thing happen on my '02 GT which was black so it really stood out. It really only happened on the hood, and I had to have it repained TWICE, and I only had the car about 10 months.

Good luck.
Mine is black, and the hood as well. Did you pay to have it repainted?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 03:22 PM
It's called AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Mine is black, and the hood as well. Did you pay to have it repainted?
No, I bought it brand new in '02 so they fixed it under warrenty at Middlekauff Ford. However, they told me if I had put any kind of paint on there (ie. touch-up paint), it would not have been covered because of their crazy rules. What year is your car?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
No, I bought it brand new in '02 so they fixed it under warrenty at Middlekauff Ford. However, they told me if I had put any kind of paint on there (ie. touch-up paint), it would not have been covered because of their crazy rules. What year is your car?
It's an 03, but sadly, i drove it out of warranty already, fuckers
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 03:25 PM
It's called AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
It's an 03, but sadly, i drove it out of warranty already, fuckers
Well, if it's only on the hood...
Maybe you could swap hoods with someone else with a black 03 that IS under warrenty and have then get it fixed. Paying them on the side to do that for you would probably cost you MUCH less than getting it painted yourself.

Just a thought.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
Well, if it's only on the hood...
Maybe you could swap hoods with someone else with a black 03 that IS under warrenty and have then get it fixed. Paying them on the side to do that for you would probably cost you MUCH less than getting it painted yourself.

Just a thought.
It's at the dealership now getting my bumper replaced, and I just called them up so they are checking on it for me, I hope they fix it
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
It's called AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
It's at the dealership now getting my bumper replaced, and I just called them up so they are checking on it for me, I hope they fix it

Good luck!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

Mine is gonna be looked at this week and hopefully they will repaint it. It sounds promising after my conversation with my service advisor but then again it will all depend on what they have to say when they see it. They way I see is is 50-50 chance so those are pretty good odds to me.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
Mine is gonna be looked at this week and hopefully they will repaint it. It sounds promising after my conversation with my service advisor but then again it will all depend on what they have to say when they see it. They way I see is is 50-50 chance so those are pretty good odds to me.
definitely, I am still waiting to hear what they are going to do about mine, It didn't hurt to ask while the other was getting fixed
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

Mine is being repainted hell yea! The insurance is paying to have my bumper replaced and my aftermarket catback exhaust is being replaced too. I did make sure to note that I demand my current catback to be returned to me. I made sure to have the collision center guy at Westway Ford guy write it down in front of me as well. I can say that my factory warranty with Ford is much better than my experience with my Nissan that I had before it.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 01:09 PM
It's called AA

Quote:
Mine is being repainted hell yea! The insurance is paying to have my bumper replaced and my aftermarket catback exhaust is being replaced too. I did make sure to note that I demand my current catback to be returned to me. I made sure to have the collision center guy at Westway Ford guy write it down in front of me as well. I can say that my factory warranty with Ford is much better than my experience with my Nissan that I had before it.
Rock on! Congrats!

Now Ted just needs to get his taken care of. Any news?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

I can't wait to get my car back. A new catback and rear bumper and a freshly painted hood. They had better make sure that my old exhaust is in the car when I pick it up.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

Saw my car today and the hood has finally been primed and ready to paint along with my rear bumper. A new bumper support is going in also. They should be calling me sometime tomorrow so we can discuss the exhaust. My 3.5 inch tips were trashed so I put the 2.5 inch crappy tailpipes on that originally came with my mac catback. The insurance co. has agreed to replace the entire catback but at the time the catback I got was only $269 and is no longer available. I bought the larger tips at the swap meet in arlington but no receipt. But the guy at westway said we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement