first time tropicare/zaino user - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
i win.

first time tropicare/zaino user

I want to clean up my truck really nice, and had a few questions.

Right now, my truck looks pretty rough, it has alot of swirls and a few outter areas that need some work. Should i pay a detailer to do it first and then just maintain it, or should i go at it myself. Ive never used anything like zaino tropicare, just regular washing and waxing.

Also, if i try to take on the project myself, what products do you recommend? I know Tropicare has a few detailing packages, and i already have a clay bar from VatoZone.

Any help is appreciated. I already have someone lined up if i plan to get the detailing done, just wanted to know what kind of job im looking at, seeing as how my truck is in rough shape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 06:32 AM
Lifer

The claybar, zaino or tropicare products will not remove any scratches or swirls. Some of the zaino or tropicare products will help hide some of these defects but not as good as regular wax because wax will actually fill in the imperfections temporarily. If it's that bad then get it buffed down to a smooth surface and then maintain it with which ever product line you choose. I use zaino on my Stang and it seems to last a long time. The newer stuff seems a little harder to get off than the first batch I bought years ago but it still works great. If I didn't already have some of the zaino product I would give the tropicare a shot. My daily just gets regular wax once a year whether it needs it or not
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Lifer

Neither Zaino or Tropicare is going to remove swirls. If you truly want it to look good you need it buffed with a 3M or Menzerna product then protect it with Zaino or TC. I still prefer Zaino for its durablity and look. To keep the swirls out you need to buy some micro fiber towels and never let anything else touch your paint.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:39 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

my car had hella swirl marks and i put on 4 coats of zaino swirl mark remover and nowyou cant see ONE swirl mark on the car. zaino will do the job. granted it only hides swirls. but it does an awesome job of it.

Who needs please when we've got guns?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:47 PM
The token Asian guy

There are a lot of Zaino fans all over the message boards. If you have the time and patience, go with Zaino and follow their instructions. Their website has tons of info.

Everything else is just a weekday afternoon waxing project.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD2K
my car had hella swirl marks and i put on 4 coats of zaino swirl mark remover and nowyou cant see ONE swirl mark on the car. zaino will do the job. granted it only hides swirls. but it does an awesome job of it.

As big of a Zaino fan as I am, I have to disagree with you on how well it hides swirls especially on black cars. It does do a decent job on limited swirls but a true test of any product is how well it works on black paint.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 03:34 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

true......black is the detailers final exam.

however my car is performance red and after using zaino i actually like my color now better the comp orange. it hid about 98% of my swirls.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoBro
As big of a Zaino fan as I am, I have to disagree with you on how well it hides swirls especially on black cars. It does do a decent job on limited swirls but a true test of any product is how well it works on black paint.
So basically you're sayin that I'm fucked if I have a black car? All in all, will Zaino clean the car up quite a bit compared to what it looks like without any wax/polish on it?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 10:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang00Kid
So basically you're sayin that I'm fucked if I have a black car? All in all, will Zaino clean the car up quite a bit compared to what it looks like without any wax/polish on it?
It definitly will make it look better with a claybar and Zaino but its not going fill in all of the swirls. The swirls it does fill is really just hiding them anyway and they will show again. To make the paint look new again & swirl free you have to use something more abrassive. Check some of the pics in my sig of the camaro
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 10:54 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

Quote:
kevin, you saw my car before and after. just get the zaino, you need it bad. it will completely change the way your paint looks up close and far away.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD2K
kevin, you saw my car before and after. just get the zaino, you need it bad. it will completely change the way your paint looks up close and far away.
Alright I'll give it a shot...Sam how much would I be lookin' at spending for this stuff? I've heard they have like an entire kit that runs around $90 bucks or so....would I be better off buying the individual items I need all at once instead of a kit, which might have shit I dont need?

Anybody know what exactly I should look at buyin as far as the Zaino products?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 11:00 AM
I Brake (For) Bitches

hey kevin, i will be zainoing my car saturday at about noon if you want to drop by and cheack out the magic.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Anybody know what exactly I should look at buyin as far as the Zaino products?
You need:
Clay Bar
Z-5
ZFX Accelerator
Z-6 finishing spray
Cotton applicator
Micro fiber finshing cloth ( to take off the Zaino and use with the Z-6)

Wash the car with Dawn 1st to remove other waxes and oils.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 06:39 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoBro
Wash the car with Dawn 1st to remove other waxes and oils.
i washed my car with dawn 3 times in a row to get all of the wax of. if you dont wax your car regularly you might only need to do it once though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement