customizing a bumper - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
wassup gangstas?

Exclamation customizing a bumper

Just curious and don't flame me if its impossible but is there anyway that you can engrave so to speak a bumper? For example on the mustang in the back where it says "mustang" is there any type of tool (im assuming some type of hot metal) that can be used to make your own custom words? I once saw a mustang that on the back said "stalker" and thought it'd be pretty neat to be able to learn how to do that. Please PM ME with any details of how this might work. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 05:58 AM
The token Asian guy

Isn't Stalker a brand or type of body kit? If so, I don't think that was a custom job.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 06:18 AM
duh...duh....duh

Yeah, I'm pretty sure your correct on the stalker thing. It is a decent idea. Probably easier to fill in the lettering on the bumper and use regular decal lettering to make the work you want.

Ceyko

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Shoppin for any Stang now

Stalker is a Cervinis Body Kit...
Usually the only Customization you can do is shaving or filling in the Letter, unless you know how to mold and form fiberglass...
Becuz im trying to transfer the word cobra over onto a V6 stang bumper so i can go with roush exhaust yet still sport the Cobra out the back

So i unless you have tons of time and a couple bumpers i wouldnt touch the bumper
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
wassup gangstas?

Yeah i didn't know about stalker being a brand i thought someone had it customized. Anywho thats only half the reason i thought about the idea the other half was because i had gotten into a wreck and had my bumper completely broken in half and had one of those little highway poles shoved through it. It was only hanging in the middle by maybe an inch of plastic to the other side and i had a guy i know work on my car and he was able to completely patch it up and he told me he basicly just melted the plastic back together. Once he told me that i was thinking that the same could basicly be done to "engrave" words into the bumper. I am pretty interested in learning to do it because im thinking it could bring in a little money on the sides if i could find a few street racers or something to sport it around. Anywho thanks for the input.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BlackCobra
Usually the only Customization you can do is shaving or filling in the Letter, unless you know how to mold and form fiberglass...
Becuz im trying to transfer the word cobra over onto a V6 stang bumper so i can go with roush exhaust yet still sport the Cobra out the back

So i unless you have tons of time and a couple bumpers i wouldnt touch the bumper

about all you could do is fill in the leters, and get those decals that say cobra that usually fit in the inset. That will look ok, and most wont notice that it isnt resesed
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

James from the board once carved out the mustang in the back bumper and fixed up a neon light bar in back of the bumper(inside the styrofoam) to make the mustang glow
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Time Served

Quote:

Seems the easier route would be to fill in the cutouts for the stock pipes.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Time Served

I got the cervinis "stalker" kit. I had the words filled in with bondo, they can be removed, but creating your own words, thats a challenge.

-Runstang-
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Gunga galunga

in the newest MM&FF a guy had STANG centered in the front bumper embosed just like mustang with out the MU, but it was centered like stock...

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 07:40 AM
fuckcanada

Quote:
is this what you are looking for??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement