Man am i pissed! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Man am i pissed!

so i'm doing my daily detail on the hatch, and i spray some often used turtle wax bug remover on the hood. i look at the spot about a minute later, and it's discolored my paint (however much you can discolor oxford white)! it looks like dried water spots and i can't get 'em off! needless to say i am bit ticked off at this. i take such good care of Sally and then this shit happens. needless to say i'll never use that crap again. oh well, i guess i just needed to vent. u know, this might be a sign that i should stop obsessing.....nah

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting." -Steve McQueen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 10:38 AM
wet dream

sally......

ghey!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by flametruck
ghey!
Yeah...Sally...it's the name of my car....how is that ghey?

flametruck?

wet dreams?

sounds like someone's in denial.....

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting." -Steve McQueen

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Newb

shit i just bought some of that stuff. talk about good timing (for me...) that really sucks though - can you post a pic? how bad does it look?

btw whats wrong with sally? my girls name is kim...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

it's not too bad (prolly overreacting...). probably wouldn't even come out on a pic. it's still has gloss, but when you get up close, you can see a small color difference and what looks like small water spots. it's just noticeable to me (<------very observant with cars). i do have 14 year old paint, however. well maintained, but still aged. if yours is newer, it might not have the same effect. it works great on bugs and tar, but in this instance it left something behind. i'd still use it to take off rubber on the fenders and bugs on the tip of the bumper, but i'd recommend you don't use it on an easily seen surface like the middle of your doors, hood, roof, etc. etc. i'm also just talking from THIS experience. the stuff hasn't done this before. might just be the humidity or something...

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Lifer

have you tried to clay bar it out? If that doesnt work use a buffer or wet sand it
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 03:01 PM
No, I don't have a turbo

Are you sure the discoloration isn't from the attached bugs? In the past, I've removed bugs, and their fluids can do damage..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTodd
Are you sure the discoloration isn't from the attached bugs? In the past, I've removed bugs, and their fluids can do damage..
oh no, i always remove the bugs when i first see them. always within 2 min. of getting home. this is in a spray pattern. almost like the spray dried instantly to the paint and left a stain....wierd!

didn't think about the clay bar. i've got a buffer. better attack this thing before the wed. night GTG! thanx for the ideas.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

took some meguiar's paint cleaner to it. seemed to do the trick.

<---likes to overreact

Sponsored Links
Advertisement