How good is the Zaino Wax - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

How good is the Zaino Wax

Hey I recently heard about a wax called Zaino, one that I'm sure has been out for awhile, I've just now discovered it. I also heard that you can only get it through ordering from the company and that it runs like $100. Does this stuff really work for $100, because no other wax so far can keep my black stang clean longer than a day or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 12:03 AM
I might, im drunk.......

I used it on my 91 tbird and it made the paint better look new (chicago car with 145k miles on it). I belive you can get it from dallas mustang, atleast last time i was there they had it

Josh
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Time Served

check here ---> http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

i've always used meguiar's and have always been happy with the results, but i might have to check this stuff out...

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting." -Steve McQueen

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Lifer

I detail all my cars with Zaino....its very durable and long lasting. application is easy and the shine is great. Before you add any Zaino you need to prep the paint. For any car to look good its all in the prep work then add your favorite polish or wax.

See my pics below
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Blessed

Jeremy @ HPP used that stuff on his black convertable, and I honestly thought he got his car repainted when I first saw it. His car was real faded and dull before. So I would say it is well worth a try.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 01:18 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Superb.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Kirkbuilt...

I only use Zaino. Very good results with it for the past several years. I usually buy it at the car shows or swap meets. $40-50 bucks gets most everything you will need for a year or two.

Real cobra's were built before 1993

www.93cobra.itgo.com
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoBro
I detail all my cars with Zaino....its very durable and long lasting. application is easy and the shine is great. Before you add any Zaino you need to prep the paint. For any car to look good its all in the prep work then add your favorite polish or wax.

See my pics below
so what's good prep work...

shm short block, vortech s trim, 3.55's, AFM power pipe,etc..
S/c cobra (me) vs N20 cobra race 2

S/c Cobra vs N2O Cobra Race 3
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schargedcobra97
Wash it with Dawn dish soap to strip off all the old wax. Use a claybar to remove any grime, tar, and other misc. crap. Wash it again after the claybar.
If you have a bunch of swirls, you may need the swirl remover. I use Z1 and Z2 or ZFX and Z2.
Be sure to have all the water spots off before you use trhe Zaino, it is a polish, not a compund or wax, so it will just leave the water spots there.

Zaino is the shit, we use it on our cars.

<-- Location check
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schargedcobra97
Hades pretty much covered it. If your car has swirl marks then you will need to buff the paint with a more aggressive compound. I like 3M or Menzerna with a high speed buffer.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Custom Title

I ahve not tried the Zaino swirl mark remover, but a friend did it on his black truck and said it worked great. I think it is Z5??? His truck looks like a damn mirror.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Ok so basically if I wanted to buy some of this Zaino stuff, what exactly am I lookin' for and is there any other place to get it besides from the company? I've seen yall post up different types of the polish/wax, so what do I need. I just want to shine up the black stang, without leaving the water spots and swirls. Thanks
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades
I ahve not tried the Zaino swirl mark remover, but a friend did it on his black truck and said it worked great. I think it is Z5??? His truck looks like a damn mirror.
I will be honest Z5 gives the Zaino protection but SUCKS for hiding swirls. Supposedly they are working on something new because they know it not good. Its best to use something that removes the swirls not just fills them in like Zaino or TropiCare.

Eagle One Nano Wax is the best Ive found for HIDING swirls on dark cars.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 08:22 AM
Dead Stop Bobby :D

i've been using zaino for yrs myself.. if u have poor to average quality paint, zaino is useless.. since its not abrasive and its a sealant, it really wont eat through oxidation or make old paint look good.. Use Meguairs or Mothers products for that.
However, Zaino works really well on a new car with good paint.. gives it a deeper shine and is defintely more durable than other polishes.

1998 Eclipse GS-T (fun daily 93 octane)
2001 Trans Am (fun gas guzzler 93 octane)
1998 Sentra (40+ mpg daily driver 87 octane )
You spin, I win

Wedding,automobile,people, sports etc photography

www.chatlaniphoto.com
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Time Served

Zaino is incredible. I tested it on my black 99 GMC Sierra before using it on my 96 Mystic Cobra or 99 Jaguar XK8 and I was floored. Truck looked new. I took some pics and I could see my reflection in the paint in the photos. I will never use anything else. Just follow the directions, buy some 100% cotton white towels first, and be prepared to spend 2-3 hours using it the first time. Ditto Hades. Wash with Dawn; dry; claybar the whole vehicle (claybar even shined my dull, weathered plastic tail lights); wash with Zaino wash; dry; polish; lastly use the swirl remover. Just order the kit from Zaino and follow the directions.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 11:30 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

whats up kevin, come check out my car if you have any questions about Zaino.

Who needs please when we've got guns?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

If you want a really nice looking paint and dont mind spending a little money look into a porter cable polisher. You can get one at lowes for 110. Get a cutting pad and polishing pad. Some intense polish and some good wax/sealant and your set.

1999 Mustang GT auto

13.9 @ 98.77 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement