I should be pissed right? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

I should be pissed right?

Hey I need my ride detailed. The painters at the home being built next to ours covered my car in overspray with their outdoor trim paint! I was pissed and already went thru the entire process with my homebuilders and the painters came out last week and to see if they were at fault. He admitted fault and said that he would make me an appointment to have it buffed out and taken care of at a local full service car wash that just opened but I don't trust that place. The worst part is that my windows were down so they overspray is in my car as well. The painter has changed his story that I would be reimbursed for the repair, why should I have to pay out of my pocket to fix his fuck-up? So anyone wanna gimme a quote a big fat one since I'm not the one paying for it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 09:41 PM

damn, i would be pissed too!!!!

call around and find the most expensive place you can that does the best work. I can't give any recomendations, but just call around tomorrow, and find a place that can do a really nice job for the highest price. (if someone else is aying for it, might as well get it done right)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Lifer

most overspray can be taken off with a claybar, a buffer most likely wont be needed. I would try that 1st.....I can do it for $500

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

similar thing happened to me a few years ago when I had my SHO. the place I took it to doesn't exist anymore, but it was basically a detail shop. the car looked brand new after they were done (had about 60K miles on it), even steam cleaned the engine.

they went over the car with a clay bar and then polished and waxed. they ran about $200 and the builder that oversprayed my car picked up the bill.

I'm guessing it's a latex based paint they oversprayed onto your car.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Time Served

this clay bar only works if you have a clear coat--if your car has single stage paint your fucked- time for new paintjob.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

You guessed it. And I called today and told them that its been almost 3 weeks and nothing has been done and I was done getting the run around. They then tell me to get an estimate for the work and that they will cut me a check. Yup its latex based paint. Now to find a suitable shop or mobile detailer anyone have the # to the mabile zaino detailer? I just have to find someone who does interior detail as well since its my windows were down at the time.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 03:55 PM

Thumbs down

I would be pissed.... I worked at a place and they had some painters next door.. they warned everyone a day in advance that they would be painting and it would be best to park away from the building.

I think notice should of been given for sure.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 09:04 AM

i would do the zaino mobile thing too!! and add in like 3 extra coats, lol. also, if it got your interior, it should be time for some new 03 cobra black leather seats!! hehe
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 08:39 AM

Hell yeah I'd be pissed off.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

Well the painter came by today and was not pleased to hear the amounts for the estimates I got from his mistake. He even said "hell I'll bring the wife and kids out here and do it before I pay that." I kinda added fuel to the fire by replying "don't you think you've already done enough already?" and "no thanks, I'll let the professionals handle it." I guess History Maker homes lit afire under his ass because I hadn't heard from him in over 2 weeks then all of a sudden he's calling my house and cell phone. But its being handled as a warranty claim by History Maker Homes so hopefully they will cut me a check soon so I can leave my car this week.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 11:55 PM
Time Served

Just saw the post.

Found anyone yet? If not, I may know some guys to help you.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
We lost one.....

Yep, its going to Prime Time Auto in dallas. Its off of Hillcrest and Northwest Hwy ans its really close to my job. They seem to be a pretty good place and have been in business for over 10 years. I got a message today that my claim had been approved so I'm hoping to get my check this week. But they keep wanting me to pay for it out of pocket and send them the bill. WTF is that all about, I even told them they could make the check out to the shop. I just want my car taken care of at this point and not have to wait any longer than I already have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement