Buffing paint - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Buffing paint

I want to buff out the paint on a car where the roof/hood/trunk are sun faded. The sides look better. What do I need to do this well? I have never really tried this before. Any product recommendations? Anything to avoid? I am worried the paint might be thin in those spots. I certainly don't want to make it look worse. Or should I just take it somewhere? Thanks in advance......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Time Served

If you've never done it before, take it somewhere. A good high speed buffer is in the $250-$300 range, and it is an aquired skill. You could very easily make it look a lot worse if you do not know what you are doing.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Lifer

I agree with Jeff, its an aquired skill. If you have something to practice on that isnt too important I say go for it. 3M makes a full line of buffing products depending how bad it is and Dewalt and Makita make an excellent buffer. Good luck

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Time Served

the best product for an easy clean up that really works is a product from metalwax.com the namne of it is top wax and this stuff will make a believer out of you it's not expensive and it made a believer out of me just go to their website and take a look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement