DFW Mustang Forums banner

Clay Bar or Wet Sand

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Fred Monty 
#1 ·
Can't decide between the two. Which would give me a better mirror finish on my car...im starting to see some blurry spots on the paint.

#5 ·
Clay bar for sure!!!! Only wetsand if there is some major problems with the paint. I only wetsand if there is trash or texture in new paint or if the paint has a light scratch in it. Be careful sanding or using the highspeed buffer if you sand for whatever reason. Also, if you use a highspeed buffer make sure you use the appropriate pads and compound material. I like the 3M brand "egg carton looking: foam pads and 3M finessit finishing compound. Anyway, that's my answer. Use the clay bar.

#9 ·
wet sanding, is like waxing, claybaring, and buffing put together. it makes a cars paint look brand new, it takes swirl marks out, orange peel, scratches, any imperfections, and removes oxidation. i vote for wet sanding, it is harder but way worth it.

#10 ·
austin said:
wet sanding, is like waxing, claybaring, and buffing put together. it makes a cars paint look brand new, it takes swirl marks out, orange peel, scratches, any imperfections, and removes oxidation. i vote for wet sanding, it is harder but way worth it.

It also removes some of the clear coat.

Do not wetsand unless there is some serious problems with the paint or a pretty good scratch you want to remove. Clay bar first and see what it does. I only wetsand as the last alternative.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.