tragedy? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
"R" Code

Post tragedy?

President George W. Bush is visiting an elementary school today and he visits one of the 4th grade classes. They are in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.
The teacher asks the President if he would like to lead the class in the discussion of the word, "tragedy." So the president asks the class for an example of a "tragedy."

One little boy stands up and offers, "If my best friend, who lives next door, is playing in the street and a car comes along and runs him over, that would be a tragedy."

"No" says Bush, "that would be an accident."

A little girl raises her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing everyone involved, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not" explains the President. "That's what we would call a GREAT LOSS."

The room goes silent. No other children volunteer. President Bush searches the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally, way in the back of the room, a boy named Johnny raises his hand. In a quiet voice he says, "If Air Force One, carrying you and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown up to smithereens, that would be a tragedy.

"Correct" exclaims Bush, "that's right. And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," Lil' Johnny said, "because, like you just told us, it wouldn't be an accident, and it sure as hell wouldn't be a great loss."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 06:19 PM
time is never served

------------------
"A Maverick with the heart of a mustang"

88 302, F303 CAM, MALLORY IGN., HOLLEY 650 DOUBLE PUMPER, EDELBROCK PERFORMER AIR GAP INTAKE, C4 WITH 3500 STALL, NINE INCH REAR WITH 31 SPLINE AXLES, POWERTRAX LOCKER WITH 4.10 GEARS AND MUCH MORE TO COME
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2001, 11:28 PM
Merry HoHo

i like it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 05:38 PM
GE
Lifer

hahaha!!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 10:52 PM
Wiggum

Cool

Thats a good one
Sponsored Links