Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Moving to the Big House!
Ya might be a Yankee if........
You Might Be A Yankee If:
1. You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."
2. You think Heinz ketchup is REALLY spicy.
3. You donıt have any problem pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce" correctly.
4. For breakfast, youıd prefer potatoes au grautin to grits.
5. You donıt know what a moon pie is.
6. Youıve never had an RC Cola.
7. Youıve never, ever eaten okra * fried or boiled.
8. You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
9. Youıve never seen a live chicken, and the only cows youıve seen are on road trips.
10. You have no clue what a polecat is.
11. You donıt see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a poodle.
12. Youıd rather vacation at Marthaıs Vineyard than go to Biloxi to gamble.
13. More than two generations of your family have been kicked out of the same prep school in Connecticut.
14. Youıd rather have your son grow up to become a lawyer than have his own TV fishing show.
15. Instead of referring to two or more people as "yıall," you call them "you guys" * even if both of them are women.
16. You DONıT think that Ted Kennedy has an accent.
17. Youıve never planned your summer vacation around a gun-n-knife show.
18. You honestly believe more money should go toward important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach.
19. You donıt have at least one can of WD-40 around the house somewhere.
20. The last time you smiled was when you prevented someone from getting on the on-ramp for the freeway.
21. You donıt have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.
22. You call binoculars opera glasses.
23. You canıt spit out the car window without pulling to the side of the road and stopping.
24. You would never wear pink * or an applique sweatshirt.
25. You donıt know what applique is.
26. You donıt know anyone with at least two first names (e.g., Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Billy Bob, Mary Alice, etc.).
27. You donıt have doilies, and you certainly donıt know how to make one.
28. Youıve never been to a Craft Show.
29. You get creeped out when people on the subway talk to you.
30. You can do your laundry without quarters.