US Airways 1549 CVR transcript - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'

Location: On the express train to management training in hell.
US Airways 1549 CVR transcript

Losing my patience with this hero crap!

It seems that nowadays EVERYBODY is a hero. Sully is a hero, the 9/11
firefighters were heroes, every soldier who can spell "Viet Nam" is a hero.

Society seems to need heroes. Or at least the media seems to want to jam them down our throats. Seems to me that the term gets diluted every time someone is called a "hero" for just doing their job...as Sully
did.

I can just imagine how the transcript of the CVR is going to read.

SIC: "Number two\'s gone, boss."

Sully: "I know it! What do I look like, an R-22 pilot? Just shut the f*cker down, boy. Oh, and tell Departure that we need to come back in and land. F*cking birds..."

SIC: "Sheesh, somebody got up on the wrong side of his throne this morning. You don't have to insult me just because I got my commercial helicopter rating in the mighty Robinson. Oh, and by the way, sir, we're not climbing, if you even care. Maybe your decision to take on that extra 5,000 pounds of fuel wasn't so hot, Captain."

Sully: "One more comment like that and I'll make sure the union keeps you in RJ's for the rest of your miserable, short career."

<Bang!>

Sully: "SON OF A BITCH!"

SIC: "Number one\'s failing, boss."

Sully: "I can see that! Am I a-f*cking-sleep? Can I not read the gauges? Am I not flying the plane here?"

SIC: "I'm just sayin'..."

Sully: "Goddamn Canadians, sending their f*cking geese down here every winter. Why, if I ever *see* another Canadian I\m gonna punch him right in the throat. I *HATE* Canadians."

SIC: "Everybody does, boss. Think we can make Teterboro or straight-in to 22 at Newark?"

Sully: "Yeah, probably. But f*ck Teterboro! Let's go to Newark. I've flown out of Teterboro. Short damn runways...always a crosswind. And their FBO's suck. I'd rather land in the Hudson f*cking river than land at
Teterboro. Hey...."

SIC:
"You're not..."

Sully: "Why not? Maybe we can take out some sailboats with some prick Canadian snowbirds."

SIC: "You ever land on the water before?"

Sully: "Plenty of times! I got my seaplane rating back in 1946. I think it was in a...Piper...somethingoranother, I forget. Never mind. It'll all come back to me. Pull out the Before Water Landing checklist and run it."

SIC: (flipping through the stack of checklists) "Can't seem to find one for that."

Sully: "Fooled ya! HAH! There ain't one! Just get on the horn and tell the people to put their heads between their legs and kiss...no wait, that won't sound good on on the CVR tape...make it, 'brace for collision'...no wait, make it 'brace for impact.' Yeah, that\'s better. No wait! Tell them that out the left side of the plane they can see the Intrepid Museum, and that if they'd like to visit it, they'll be able to, this afternoon, like, in about twenty minutes. Oh, and ring the stews and have them bring me a rum and coke. If I'm gonna do this, I need a good stiff drink. And have that one with the big tits bring it up. If I'm gonna die, I wanna die drunk and with a boner."

SIC: "Like your grandfather did?"

Sully: "This is no time to make jokes, son. I would really appreciate it if you'd try to take this situation seriously. I'm fairly certain that my grandfather did not die with a boner. I mean, have you ever met my grandmother?"

SIC: "You know, if you pull this off CNN will be calling you the Hero Pilot of the Year."

Sully: "F*ck CNN. Liberal bastards. All I care about is what the fair-and-balanced Fox News will call me. I hope Fox News calls me a hero"

SIC: (sighing) "They probably will too. Nobody will remember *my* name. It\'ll be 'Sully this'...and, 'Sully that.' 'Captain Sully, the big f*cking hero.' Like you are the only f*cking one in the cockpit."

Sully: "You're quite bitter. You really are a helicopter pilot at heart, aren't you? You know, some pilots wait their whole career to be called a hero. I mean, Christ, I've only got two years to go to retirement. That was close!"

SIC: "We're not down yet, Captain Skygod."

Sully: "I know, this thing glides pretty well, huh? Dammit, no sailboats. Oh well, let's see if we can buzz one of those damn sightseeing helicopters. What's best-glide/engines out?"

SIC: "Beats the shit outta me."

Sully: "Vref?"

SIC: "F*ck if I know."

Sully: "Britney Spears' birthday?"

SIC: "December 2, 1981."

Sully: "Well, I'm glad you know SOMETHING! Just gimme full flaps..."

[END OF RECORDING]

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
That's directed at you, UHHHbama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 12:19 PM
phuk therd gier

04 converted V8
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 08:28 PM
PAN

Decent, has potential...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466 View Post
Decent, has potential...
For toliet paper maybe
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 07:44 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90dfw View Post
For toliet paper maybe

Mehh, couple parts were mildly humorous...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 10:17 PM
NOT AFGHANISTAN ANYMORE!!

I laughed at some of it.

Dallas news reports Tony Romo tried to commit suicide last night!

Fortunately he dropped the gun and the bullet was intercepted!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 02:27 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Too much reading, not enough laughing. Some humorous parts but not enough to save it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement