Military Rules - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Military Rules

Marine Corps Rules:
1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
2. Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.
3. Have a plan.
4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
5. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet * even your friends…
6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."
7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral & diagonal preferred.)
9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
10. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
13. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention to shoot.


Navy SEAL's Rules:
1. Look very cool in sunglasses.
2. Kill every living thing within view.
3. Adjust speedo.
4. Check hair in mirror.


US Army Rangers Rules:
1. Walk in 50 miles wearing 75 pound rucksack while starving.
2. Locate individuals requiring killing.
3. Request permission via radio from "Higher" to perform killing.
4. Curse bitterly when mission is aborted.
5. Walk out 50 miles wearing a 75 pound rucksack while starving.


US Army Rules:
1. Curse bitterly when receiving operational order.
2. Make sure there is extra ammo and extra coffee.
3. Curse bitterly.
4. Curse bitterly.
5. Do not listen to 2nd LT's; it can get you killed.
6. Curse bitterly.


US Air Force Rules:
1. Have a cocktail.
2. Adjust temperature on air-conditioner.
3. See what's on HBO.
4. Ask "what is a gunfight?"
5. Request more funding from Congress with a "killer" Power Point presentation.
6. Wine & dine 'key' Congressmen, invite DOD & defense industry executives.
7. Receive funding, set up new command and assemble assets.
8. Declare the assets "strategic" and never deploy them operationally.
9. Hurry to make 13:45 tee-time.
10. Make sure the base is as far as possible from the conflict but close enough to have tax exemption.


US Navy Rules:
1. Go to Sea.
2. Drink Coffee.
3. Deploy Marines
SlowLX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Fuzzy Flounder Fishin'
 
CoorsLightCoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On the express train to management training in hell.
Posts: 2,547
nice

┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
That's directed at you, UHHHbama
CoorsLightCoupe is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Heh, liked a lot of those...
Fox466 is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
LOL Thats funny but seriously I didn't see any jarheads jump into Panama with my Regiment in 1989
that's because we'd been sitting there since 88 waiting
SlowLX is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
BIG BALLS MAGOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Out in the boonies
Posts: 80
Where are the coast guards rules?

http://www.myspace.com/GrandMaster_B_
BIG BALLS MAGOO is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Good times
 
SVT Lurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BALLS MAGOO
Where are the coast guards rules?
1. Don't drown.

n/a
SVT Lurch is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
LOL we? You were like 3 years old when I fought in Panama. As for the Marines, the only units stationed there besides the Embassy folks, were the Marine Security Forces Battalion Panama which had Engineer assets, MP assets, 320th Arty(they helped my platoon out when we took heavy motar fire at Rio Hato, they got there before 1988. Now the 3rd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Light Armored Inf. Battlion and the 2nd Force Service Support Group from Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and also the 1st FAST Platoon (Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team)out of Norfolk, VA and some Marines from Fort Ord, Cal. I can name dozens of other units from the various services involved that totaled around 57,000 troops from the U.S., hell even the coast guard got into the mix in the Harbors making sure Noriega didn't make a run for it on the water.
we as the marines ... panama was mainly your(as in USA) thing... although seeing as it's a small war situation it does fit the marine corps better than 90 percent of the army. Marines had their jobs and did their jobs. I don't really care about inter service bitching. Army sucks, Marines rule/ Marines suck, Army rules.... each force has their highs and low's and have two completely different missions. I just think the Army national guard and Army Reserves needs ..... well fuck I don't know what they need but they need something.

oh yea u sure 320th arty wasn't ur guys? The highest # arty unit ull find in the usmc is 14th Mar.

Last edited by SlowLX; 02-06-2008 at 04:46 AM.
SlowLX is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 846
yeah... those are pretty funny!

]
kayway is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well I am positive it was Battery D, 320th Field Artillery they were part of Task Force Semper Fi, I am not positive that they were Marines, possibly an Army Unit attached to Task Force Semper Fi. Hell I always chalked that entire Task Force up to being essentially Marines.
It's always possible, the artillery community and tank community in the Corps is MUCH smaller by comparison to the Army. I'm surprised no ANGLICO Marines were involved in Panama
SlowLX is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 03:59 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom
 
D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 9,335
Air Force rules continued:

11. Cover the asses of the Marines and Soldiers on the ground with hellacious attacks from AC-130U Spectre gunships

D is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by D
Air Force rules continued:

11. Cover the asses of the Marines and Soldiers on the ground with hellacious attacks from AC-130U Spectre gunships
aww did they not have burgers at the chow hall in Iraq today?

JK it's fun watching ya'll blow shit up when we're a good distance away.
SlowLX is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 04:07 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom
 
D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 9,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
aww did they not have burgers at the chow hall in Iraq today?

JK it's fun watching ya'll blow shit up when we're a good distance away.
Actually, they did have burgers, but I went with a grilled chicken breast on a bun and tater tots instead. I'm trying to watch my figure.


I'll be home on Feb 19th, bitch.

D is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by D
Actually, they did have burgers, but I went with a grilled chicken breast on a bun and tater tots instead. I'm trying to watch my figure.


I'll be home on Feb 19th, bitch.
well head ur ass up to Ft Worth and we'll get hammered sometime in March
SlowLX is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 04:47 AM
Lifer
 
CDHSTANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sahuarita, AZ
Posts: 2,880
That is the truth to a tee but it sounds like alot of cring to me... You have every right to choose the Branch you go in. It is just that some of us are smarter then others..
AD Air Force 10yrs
now Air Force ANG
CDHSTANG is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 09:03 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom
 
D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 9,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
well head ur ass up to Ft Worth and we'll get hammered sometime in March
It'll probably be closer to May. I've got a lot of shit going on when I get back and have to go to a six week class from the end of March through the beginning of May and probably won't be able to get out to Ft Worth until after that class.

D is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Nobody
 
SuperWho?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Castle Grayskull
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
Marine Corps Rules:
1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
2. Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.
3. Have a plan.
4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
5. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet * even your friends…
6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."
7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral & diagonal preferred.)
9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
10. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
13. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention to shoot.


Navy SEAL's Rules:
1. Look very cool in sunglasses.
2. Kill every living thing within view.
3. Adjust speedo.
4. Check hair in mirror.


US Army Rangers Rules:
1. Walk in 50 miles wearing 75 pound rucksack while starving.
2. Locate individuals requiring killing.
3. Request permission via radio from "Higher" to perform killing.
4. Curse bitterly when mission is aborted.
5. Walk out 50 miles wearing a 75 pound rucksack while starving.


US Army Rules:
1. Curse bitterly when receiving operational order.
2. Make sure there is extra ammo and extra coffee.
3. Curse bitterly.
4. Curse bitterly.
5. Do not listen to 2nd LT's; it can get you killed.
6. Curse bitterly.


US Air Force Rules:
1. Have a cocktail.
2. Adjust temperature on air-conditioner.
3. See what's on HBO.
4. Ask "what is a gunfight?"
5. Request more funding from Congress with a "killer" Power Point presentation.
6. Wine & dine 'key' Congressmen, invite DOD & defense industry executives.
7. Receive funding, set up new command and assemble assets.
8. Declare the assets "strategic" and never deploy them operationally.
9. Hurry to make 13:45 tee-time.
10. Make sure the base is as far as possible from the conflict but close enough to have tax exemption.


US Navy Rules:
1. Go to Sea.
2. Drink Coffee.
3. Deploy Marines
ur rahh!!

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
SuperWho? is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Gun Nut- Got Lead?
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 1,203
Coast guard rules:
Bitch about not being included when someone is talking about the military.
jwalk is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Hahah, sounds like it was written by a Ranger, who respects the Marines, and has experience with the Chair Force.

I'd say it looked like it was written by a Marine, but I really don't see them putting this many words together.

BLAKE is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE
Hahah, sounds like it was written by a Ranger, who respects the Marines, and has experience with the Chair Force.

I'd say it looked like it was written by a Marine, but I really don't see them putting this many words together.
goatfucker...see I already have two together
SlowLX is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
goatfucker...see I already have two together
Hahah, I love my jarheads.

BLAKE is offline  
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by D
Air Force rules continued:

11. Cover the asses of the Marines and Soldiers on the ground with hellacious attacks from AC-130U Spectre gunships
just FYI we dont call the U mods Spectres only H mod gunships

09 Jetta TDi (40+mpg FTW)
2007 white/blue GSX-R 600
Jae11 is offline  
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae11
just FYI we dont call the U mods Spectres only H mod gunships
Just so long your ass comes out not looking like a cactus, do you really care what it's called?

An IED, VBIED, SBVIED is still a big fucking bomb to me
SlowLX is offline  
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: okinawa, japan
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by D

I'll be home on Feb 19th, bitch.
pretty sure that disclosing that information is not autorized there SrA... welcome home but watch what you disclose on the net.
akfodysvn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome