Join Date: Apr 2001
Things learned from children!
The following came from a mother in Austin, Texas.
THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM MY CHILDREN... (HONEST AND NO KIDDING):
1. A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. foot house 4
2. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller
blades, they can ignite.
3. A 3 year olds voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded
4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong
enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a
superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to
spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room.
5. You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When
using the ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few
times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long
6. The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a
7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "Uh-oh" it's already too
8. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9. A six year old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36
year old man says they can only do it in the movies. A magnifying
glass can start a fire even on an overcast day.
10. Certain LEGOs will pass through the digestive tract of a four year old.
11. Play Dough and Microwave should never be used in the same sentence.
12. Super glue is forever.
13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't
walk on water.
14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15. VCR's do no eject PB&J sandwiches even though TV commercials show
16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18. You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on. Plastic toys do not like
20. The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5 minute response time.
21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms
22. It will however make cats dizzy.
23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24. With only a water hose handy, never let your kid play "gas station".
25. Shingles make good Frisbees.
26. Microwaves and uncooked eggs...never the twain should meet.