puzzles- try these answers are below
1. Do they have a 4th of July in England?
2. How many birthdays does the average man have?
3. Why canít a man living in Winston-Salem NC be buried west of the Mississippi River?
4. If you have one match, and entered a room in which there were a kerosene lamp, an oil heater and a wood burning stove, which would you light first?
5. Some months have 30 days; some have 31 days. How many have 28 days?
6. If a doctor gave you three pills and told you to take one every half hour, how long would they last you?
7. A man builds a house with four sides to it and it is rectangular in shape. Each side has a southern exposure. A big bear comes wandering by. What color is the bear?
8. How far can a dog run into the woods?
9. What four words have appeared on every denomination of U. S. money? (No fair peeking)
10. What is the minimum number of active baseball players on the field during any part of the inning?
11. How many outs in each inning of a baseball game?
12. I have in my hands two U.S. coins which total 55 cents in value. One is not a nickel. What are the two coins?
13. A farmer had 17 sheep. All but nine died. Now many did he have left?
14. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
15. There are two men playing chess. They play five games and each man wins the same number of games. There were no tie games. How can you explain this?
16. Take two apples from three apples and what do you have?
17. An archaeologist claimed he found some gold coins dated 46 B.C. Do you believe him?
18. A woman gives a beggar 50 cents. The woman is the beggarís sister, but the beggar is not the womanís brother. How is this?
19. How many animals of each species did Moses take aboard the ark with him?
20. Is it legal in North Carolina for a man to marry his widowís sister?
1. Yes. They have July 4th everywhere in the world.
2. The average man has only one birthday. All the rest are anniversaries of it.
3. Basically, because he's living.
4. I don't know what you would do, but I would light the match first.
5. All of them.
6. It would take one hour. You take one right away, one a half hour later and the last, a half hour after that.
7. The bear is white. A house with four southern exposures would be at the North Pole.
8. A dog can only run half way into the woods. After that, he would be running OUT of the woods.
9. The four words are United States of America.
10. Ten. The nine players on the field and the batter.
11. There are six outs in each inning of a baseball game.
12. The two coins are a nickel and a half-dollar. One is not a nickel but the OTHER is.
13. He had nine sheep left.
14. The answer is 70. Remember, when dividing by a fraction, invert the fraction and multiply.
15. They were not playing each other.
16. You have the two apples you took.
17. No. How did anyone know it was B.C. (Before Christ) before Christ?
18. It was a woman beggar.
19. It was Noah, not Moses, who took the animals aboard the ark.
20. Not really. If a man has a widow, he must be dead.