How To Medicate Your Cat Or Dog
1) Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if
holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth, and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2) Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
3) Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4) Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open, and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of 10.
5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe.
Call spouse from garden.
6) Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler, and vigorously rub cat's throat.
7) Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap.
Make a note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth, and set to one side for gluing later.
8) Wrap cat in large towel, and get spouse to lie on cat with head
just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil, and blow down drinking straw. 9) Check label to make sure pill is not harmful to humans; drink 1
beer to take the taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm, and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap. 10) Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band. 11) Fetch screwdriver from garage, and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot; drink. Apply cold compress to cheek, and check records for date of your last tetanus jab. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw T-shirt away, and fetch new one from bedroom.
12) Call fire department to retrieve the friggin' cat from tre across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.
13) Tie the little b******'s front paws to rear paws with garden twine, and bind tightly to leg of dining room table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of filet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically, and pour 2 liters of water down throat to wash pill down.
14) Consume remainder of Scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room; sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to ordernew table.
15) Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell, and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.
1) Wrap pill in bacon, cheese, or peanut butter.
2) Make him beg.
One of the many reasons I have dogs, and no cats.
Last edited by jeffyd's93; 10-10-2003 at 03:22 PM.