Start date : Jan 04 2005.
start weight : 305lbs
Target complete of phase 1 : Nov 22nd 2005
Target : 270lbs

#28 ·
01WhiteCobra said:
As long as I can do this come July and not embarrass myself

http://www.alpineascents.com/rainier-climb.asp

I don't care what I look like or how much I weigh.

Stairclimber (the "real" steps) with a 50lb weight belt for an hour is a total bitch. Need to build up to 3-4 hours.
My couisin and I did some crampon training and did the base climb up Ranier a few summers ago. I'd like to go back and do the full climb some day as well.

#29 ·
01WhiteCobra said:
Didn't even think of that! What a hillarious pic that would be at the top munching on a Krispy Kreme while everyone else is eating trail mix!
Dunkin Donuts is where its at!!!

I'm LMAO at Krispy Kreme and their financial shenanigans. Overshipping of product is the hillbilly version of white collar crime.

#30 ·
why...

SlowLX said:
Putting on weight takes to much effort I'll be happy dropping my 18:10 down to a low17 high16 minute 5k, and turnign 15pullups into an easy 20. 300pft by may baby
why do you say 5k ? does that sound better than 3 miles ? or are you stationed somewhere where it does not make sense to say 3 miles ? just wondering. former devil dog here. good luck on your 300 pft. my best time ever on the run was 23:00. you would straight up smoke me !

#32 ·
LINCOLN BOY said:
well since everyone is starting this month ill start this month too
start weight 17something
goal weight 500
hahahah i need to start doing somthing i really want to get the 220 by the summer....
17X to 220 in less than 6 months?! I don't know that you could do that with 2 grand worth of steroids, unless you want 80% of it to be fat.

#33 ·
88Whitepony said:
I'm 6'1. What kinda build do you have?

I'm looking to gain weight but not just water/fat weight. I'm trying very hard with a good diet to put on muscle weight. I'm trying to stay toned at the same time. Hard to do at the goal I've set for myself.

I'm at 192 Right now (just got off scale).
When I get around 200 I've noticed it seems to be really hard to put on weight past that point.

I've always been sort of skinny, now it is finally changing. Lots of people noticing too 0 SWEET!
I've gotten to 196 before and noticed I had a lot of fat so I cut then. Gonna hold out for 200 this time though. But this time around I am gaining mass but I'm leaner. The weight isn't coming on as fast though.

#34 ·
TonyMCev said:
why do you say 5k ? does that sound better than 3 miles ? or are you stationed somewhere where it does not make sense to say 3 miles ? just wondering. former devil dog here. good luck on your 300 pft. my best time ever on the run was 23:00. you would straight up smoke me !
5k is easier to type than 3 miles sinece Im the suck at typing :D We had a kid at 29 palms running in the low 15s :eek: I was 2nd in the class and felt slow :(

#35 ·
SlowLX said:
5k is easier to type than 3 miles sinece Im the suck at typing :D We had a kid at 29 palms running in the low 15s :eek: I was 2nd in the class and felt slow :(

I know how it feels. I'm stationed on Cherry Point, NC. My best run time was an 18:26. I've always been able to get my 20 pull ups as well. Though I'm not looking to really increase my run time. I wouldn't mind getting 35 pull ups instead of 27!

#36 ·
Todd said:
I've always been sort of skinny, now it is finally changing. Lots of people noticing too 0 SWEET!
I've gotten to 196 before and noticed I had a lot of fat so I cut then. Gonna hold out for 200 this time though. But this time around I am gaining mass but I'm leaner. The weight isn't coming on as fast though.

When I was up around 204lbs I thought I looked pretty decent. Then I dropped down to 18x after a back injury and feel like a skinny ass. Now with my weight going back up I feel about average. But I'm going for a bulky look and trying to get over the "medium" build.

#39 ·
Got Boost? said:
Motivation is no substitute for knowlege. I could have the "motivation" to lift a VW bug, but it's not gonna happen any time soon.

Very true.

#40 ·
I started 2/1/04... 45 y/o white guy, married, 3 kids, work 12-14 hours per day, 5'10", 210 lbs, blood pressure 140/88, total cholesterol 240/LDL 161, 2-3 Dr. Peppers/day, junk food regular, snackaholic. Didn't recognize the 'fat guy' in the family Christmas picture. It was me. :eek:
Joined Gold's, quit the junk food (well, 90% of it), quit the sodas completely, work out 3-5 nights a week. Now 186 lbs, blood pressure 110/60, total cholesterol 180/LDL 103... Goal is 178-180 lbs. If I don't reach it, it's OK--I already feel so much better this year than last it is mind boggling. If you are sitting the fence thinking about commiting to a workout schedule and more importantly a life style change--do it!

#41 ·
slingshot said:
I started 2/1/04... 45 y/o white guy, married, 3 kids, work 12-14 hours per day, 5'10", 210 lbs, blood pressure 140/88, total cholesterol 240/LDL 161, 2-3 Dr. Peppers/day, junk food regular, snackaholic. Didn't recognize the 'fat guy' in the family Christmas picture. It was me. :eek:
Joined Gold's, quit the junk food (well, 90% of it), quit the sodas completely, work out 3-5 nights a week. Now 186 lbs, blood pressure 110/60, total cholesterol 180/LDL 103... Goal is 178-180 lbs. If I don't reach it, it's OK--I already feel so much better this year than last it is mind boggling. If you are sitting the fence thinking about commiting to a workout schedule and more importantly a life style change--do it!
congrats...makes me a lil jealous i don't have the commitment you do.

#42 ·
slingshot said:
Good Job! Keep it UP!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.