04 or 05?

• 04 RC51

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • 05 RC51

Votes: 25 55.6%

Cruisers

26K views 756 replies 102 participants last post by  pacerunner44 
#1 · (Edited)
I know that sport bikes are the main stage here but I really like cruisers. I would like to get a cheap starter bike and work my way up to a soft tail or a big dog when I am REALLY comfortable but thats a WAYS away. My question is, does anyone know of a decent cruiser to start out on? I keep finding Honda Rebel 250s (99-01) for like 1800 with LOW miles but know that a 250 will not keep me happy long. I am alittle concerned with looks. I cant stand wire spoke rims so any help is greatly appreciated with decent looks from the factory.

Joel

#27 ·
What years of both bikes?

There was a recent review of all the 04 big hitter bikes in a UK mag, and a couple 600 classers just to show how well they compared to some of the bigger bikes during the tests. It was a very exhaustive test with multiple riders, all the bikes at the same place/same time/same weather/etc... I really need to find the PDF of it, wish I would have saved it.

Anyway, if I recall in that review the 999 Duc and the 1000 Aprilla got lower scores due to just how well the Japanese bikes are performing nowadays, and honestly, I'd have to agree. Its becoming really hard to compete w/ the japanese in price/performance when it comes to sportbikes nowadays.

I believe the current RSV 1000 is completley redesigned, i'm sure its incredible to ride and I venture to say that it makes more torque...and makes it sooner...than the 04 R1 (or other 04 japanese liter class for that matter). Of course, once in the gravy zone....the modern I4's will likley out run it.

#28 ·
Let's see what the masses think...

A 04' Nicky Hayden signed replica bike..

Or an all new 05 black bike.

I can get the 04 for a really good price, or just alittle off the top on the 05. I like the 05 because its the first black one. The price is very hard to beat on the 04. Not much has really changed between the two years. Resale on the 04 could also be higher then the 05. Any thoughts?

#32 ·
god forbid you ever drop it, the replica fairings WILL be more expensive, and i Honestly doubt that the resale will be higher, it's not like it was a special edition, that's just the only color that honda made that year.

you know my feelings, you've been lusting after the black for months, if you don't look at it and smile, then buy the other one, if they both make your dick twitch, then buy the '04.

#33 ·
Anyone want to go for a ride this Tuesday

Tuesday I am thinking of riding out to Possum Kingdom using my usual route. Lots of long flat straight roads with a few interesting turns. Anyone off Tuesday care to join me for some high speed fun? Post up if you want to come along.

John

#39 ·
evil jose said:
Wish I could make it :(

Same here and then the shitheads decide to come by my house and tease me about riding. Funny Funny!!! Oh well its up and running again so anytime you want to go and ride im up for it again.
Jason

#40 · (Edited)
Shaithis said:
How did you ride an 05 when they aren't even in the states yet? and even the bike at the show was an 03 with 05 plastics?

my buddy came to the local show on one and let me go around the block. He said it was an 05 and it was all black just like that one, so I do believe him. he had an 04 before that one.

**edit**Just talked to him again b/c you guys were asking me about it. he said he bought different plastics for it to make it look like the 05 along with some paint. My bad. But I totally prefer the look of the 05 better.

#43 ·
allstate was the cheapest I could find.

As for lawyer, just grin and bear if you were guilty. nothing worse than people arguing tickets they diserved to get. If you are innocent, you shouldnt need a lawyer. Misdemeaner tickets are usually handled at the pretrial if they are gonna get dismissed and that is by either the judge or the prosecutor.

#44 ·
KevinH78 said:
I'm in no way saying there is anything wrong with gospel music, but would you expect to hear it blasting in a motorcycle shop? The girl who answers the phone here is a missionary from one of the local churches and has a radio sitting on her desk, facing the show room floor, with gospel music blaring all day long. :confused:
Cant knock a woman for keepin it real...can ya? :cool:

#47 ·
Don't Hire A Lawyer

BpuTacoma said:
hey i got a couple of tickets on my bike, and wondering who's a good lawyer for fort worth tickets.

and where's a good cheap place for insurance too.

thx
As far as a lawyer make sure that he is in the county and city you got the ticket. I got a ticket in Richardson and took it to a lawyer I had good luck with in Dallas I was pulled of in Garland and told that I had I warrent for nothing else but THAT he let me go. I called the lawyer he posted $320.00 CASH in Richardson. Anouther year passes I get pulled over on the way to work a half mile from my house. I get a ticket and I go to jail becauses the lawer let the ticket go to a warrant again. The court only notified him because he is my council. My wife had to drive to Dallas pick up cash from the lawyer and go to Richardson to bail me out. At my court date the Rich. judge had mercy on me and let me off and gave me 100.00 for time served and good advice DON'T HIRE A LAWYER FOR TICKETS. I think that Rich. does this on purpose and I had a P.O.S. lawyer. I have since been able to plead no contest,ask for deferred jutification and pay the fine with nothing going on my record. It cost more but it will keep my virgin ass out of jail. Oh yeah my wife showed the police at the jail the lawyer paper work they said DON'T HIRE A LAWYER.

As far as ins I had a Triumph and they worked some deal with an ins co and list it as a touring bike. My ins was $250.00 a year for FULL COVERAGE with one totaled bike(12,000+ payoff) and a few tickets. The Daytona is a great bike if you put a 180 on the back and a good pipe and a tune.

#48 ·
i really am not a fan of black bikes...another vote for the hayden replica. the only way you could get me to ride a black bike is if you gave me an 04/05 R1 painted flat black, blood red R1 decal, chromed frame and swingarm, polished titanium pipes, with red anodized OZ or marchezzi rims.

#51 ·
YUUMMMM BUSA!!!! SOunds good just depending on the weather. Ill be up for it. ill give you a pm later tomorrow and well go from there on where to meet at. Hows that sound? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.