DFW Mustang Forums banner

Our Bodies

776 views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  lisaz28 
#1 ·
in the past 5 years or so ...body art (tattoos), piercings, and plastic surgery have taken off .......now I watched that extreme make over show...taking people and basically changing everything about themselves that makes them ..well them....does it say anywhere in the bibble about doing stuff like this to your body????

#29 ·
DFWminis said:
hmmm Moondog......really we could say that about everyone...stated that all sins are judge equal...so really going against what the bible says would kind of make us all a "lez christian" if ya know what I mean
Not quite the same since gays and lesbians will not inherit the Kingdom of God (1 Cor 6:9,10). Therefore they cannot be Christians. Only through salvation, repentance and turning from their sinful lifestyle can they be called such.

#31 ·
I try to look humanity the way I think God does. We are his children, children doing stupid things making mistakes, full of pride and vanity. Yet he loves us anyway. If you have children you know what I mean. I'm a grown man, but I'm sure Gods looks down on some of the things I do and says Dumbass.

#32 ·
how do you see a difference in a woman sticking an earring THROUGH her earlobe and a man getting a tattoo. i do believe it is very hard to find a tattoo that would please God. in my case, both of my tattoos are car related and i dont think either of them were a sin for me to get; but if i had a tattoo of a demon ripping through my skin, that would be different. i believe it is the same with plastic surgery. there is a difference between a woman getting breast implants the size of watermelons and a facelift on a middle-aged woman trying to look younger.

#34 ·
Here is something to think about. I heard a story about a heroin addict who became a Christian and her biggest advantage to kicking heroin was that she believed her body to be a temple in which Jesus resided. The vision of Jesus shooting up heroin was enough for her to quit cold turkey. Same things go for cigarettes, copenhagen, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.