Let me tell you guys this. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Let me tell you guys this.

I have to tell you a condensed life story first:

I've always had a high body fat level (relative I suppose) but to me I've never been a "cut" person. All my uncles have bellys and are chubby. Only me and my dad and a FEW of my cousins have kept our bellys in check. Anyhoo I weighed 140 in 1990 when I graduated from HS then I went to the ARMY. (I never played athletics) I never got athletic until I went to the ARMY then I did everything. It is my opinion that sports help develop the side stomach muscles that help "girdle" your gut. If the lower back and side ab muscles are tight they help pull in the front. Yolanda my wife is a prime example. She's a B-ball guru and her belly (pre-babies) was super-duper tight and muscular. (It got a little lump now but it's cute) I developed a 4-pack while in the army(never could get the lower abs to shine through) from all the sit-ups while in the service)

Anyhoo, I've always likened myself to LLCoolJ. Basically I could bulk-up and be strong but, I never would be a lean cut person. Well LL pissed me off last year when I saw that he is now cut all the heck up.

Anyhoo again. My goals for the past few years was to make it to a 315bench press. Well I never reached it because I hurt my knee and quit working out for about 4months. The most I ever hit was 285. (Benching never was my forte')

Anyhoo again, Yolanda and I (especially her) had some success with a no carb diet (not Atkins but basically the same) but, we found that it led to binging and it became hard to stay strict after two weeks. (although it did work)

Anyhoo again, For the past three weeks I've decided (after reading mensfitness) that all carbs aren't bad and I've incorporated alot of fiber in my diet. Instead of lifting very heavy for 4 rep sets I now don't worry about lifting alot and instead I do 10-12 reps x 4 sets w/ 60sec rest inbetween. And I've noticed alot definition only after 3wks. I can really see it in my shoulders (delts) and I'm beginning to see my abs again.

Anyhoo again, so I fell into the ad trap and I bought this Xenadrine EFX little box w/ a menu and tape. We went last night and bought all the ingredients for the 14-day meal plan and we started it this morning. Nothing special just good food. Low cal, no suger, chicken and turkey breasts, egg beaters, skim milk, oatmeal and stuff like that. I add my protein shakes to make sure I pack on some muscle.

Now egg beaters are different. I have to tell myself "they are 99% real eggs, eat it" while I'm eating them. If somebody served them to me and I didn't know the difference I don't think I'd have a problem with them. LOL

So we'll see what we look like after two weeks.

Wish us luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 07:03 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Good luck with this; I'm in the same boat-- more interested in becoming cut over gaining mass. I want to hear how it works for you.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperator
Good luck with this; I'm in the same boat-- more interested in becoming cut over gaining mass. I want to hear how it works for you.
I just weighed in this morning at 203. I can handle 190lbs ripped. I'll keep you guys posted.

I think we're gonna take some "before" pics.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 07:43 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

http://www.eggbeaters.com/recipes.html

I've gotten a few good things off this.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 08:04 AM

JC you must have bird bones. How do we weigh the same?lol!

Good luck. Leading by example is the best way to get the baby weight of quick.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by P.O.S._Dubyuharex
JC you must have bird bones. How do we weigh the same?lol!

Good luck. Leading by example is the best way to get the baby weight of quick.
You're taller than me man.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 08:44 AM
P.I.M.P.

can you hook me up with that 14day meal plan setup? I'll be working towards that same goal in about a month and look forward to hearing how it works for you. Good luck JC
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 08:45 AM
Other half of bitter

how much of the Xenadrine are you taking? full 4 each day? just curious......i take the efx as well and was just doing 2 a day.....i bumped up to 3 a day and noticed a big difference in loss of appetite....i decided to try the full dose of 4 a day last week one day.....i took one at 7am, one at 10am, one at 1pm and one at like 4pm......then hit the gym....had lots more energy at the gym and barely had an appetite all day. But of course had trouble sleeping that night. Now i am trying to decide whether to take the full 4 pill dose....the loss of appetite is great......but the sleeplessness sucks.....

mmm....LL all ripped up!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt
how much of the Xenadrine are you taking? full 4 each day? just curious......i take the efx as well and was just doing 2 a day.....i bumped up to 3 a day and noticed a big difference in loss of appetite....i decided to try the full dose of 4 a day last week one day.....i took one at 7am, one at 10am, one at 1pm and one at like 4pm......then hit the gym....had lots more energy at the gym and barely had an appetite all day. But of course had trouble sleeping that night. Now i am trying to decide whether to take the full 4 pill dose....the loss of appetite is great......but the sleeplessness sucks.....

mmm....LL all ripped up!
Two at 6am and two at 1pm and that's all. At 6 I also had a pack of regular oatmeal in warm skim milk, egg beaters and two Xens and one One-A-Day vitamin. I'm hungry now and I'm about to eat some more.

Why did you take it like that? The label says to do two in the morning and two in midafternoon.......DORK!
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 09:28 AM

Do you really think its the change in diet? Or is more to the fact that you started a different workout and the pills.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Do you really think its the change in diet? Or is more to the fact that you started a different workout and the pills.
Dude for the past few months I was eating Donuts and French fries and all kinds of crap. Haggen Dazz strawberry..................

Oh okay I got caught up in the smooth creaminess of the the HD.

I think it's the fiber too. I read a great article on insoluble fiber. It runs through your body quickly and soaks up alot of fat on the way out! Bran is your friend. LOL

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
Dude for the past few months I was eating Donuts and French fries and all kinds of crap. Haggen Dazz strawberry..................

Oh okay I got caught up in the smooth creaminess of the the HD.

I think it's the fiber too. I read a great article on insoluble fiber. It runs through your body quickly and soaks up alot of fat on the way out! Bran is your friend. LOL
So what would be a good source of insoluble fiber? A bran muffin? Raisin Bran? Is that the same thing? I loves me some raisin bran, so that could work out very well.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
So what would be a good source of insoluble fiber? A bran muffin? Raisin Bran? Is that the same thing? I loves me some raisin bran, so that could work out very well.
Read this

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 10:14 AM
Hired Hand

Good luck with the new program JC. My blown motor/clutch kept me outta the gym for almost two months so in another week or two as my strength returns I'll be right there with you. Low and complex carbs/high protien is the way to go IMO, just don't let that cheat day get the best of you.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 10:48 AM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
Two at 6am and two at 1pm and that's all. At 6 I also had a pack of regular oatmeal in warm skim milk, egg beaters and two Xens and one One-A-Day vitamin. I'm hungry now and I'm about to eat some more.

Why did you take it like that? The label says to do two in the morning and two in midafternoon.......DORK!
hell, i was afraid to take two at once......wasn't sure if i would be bouncing off the walls.....i want to test how my body takes it first......i might try the two in am and two in the afternoon tomorrow and see how i do. I know it makes me damn dehydrated......i drink a ton of water throughout the day, but like twice as much when i take the efx. i guess the good thing is the bathroom is upstairs, so i get lost of trips up the stairs too- extra workout!

have you been cycling on and off of it?

<-----eats my daily bowl of bran flakes every morning (only 2pts on weight watchers, which i am trying to do!- stole my pregnant sister's ww books!)
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 11:31 AM

Very good article. Lots of good info. I think I'll go get some All Bran tonight. Then start throwing in apples for snacks.

I might have to start that Allan Houston workout for Delts.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 11:39 AM
P.I.M.P.

I like the workout but I wouldn't say it's anything new or unheard of. I've done different versions of all four. I will probably start eating Post Raisin Bran more often then oatmeal for breakfast.

My question is where is a good place to get a medicine ball and some arm straps to work my abs? Would it be cheaper online + S&H or in the store with Tax?
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddHatter
I like the workout but I wouldn't say it's anything new or unheard of. I've done different versions of all four. I will probably start eating Post Raisin Bran more often then oatmeal for breakfast.

My question is where is a good place to get a medicine ball and some arm straps to work my abs? Would it be cheaper online + S&H or in the store with Tax?
Just hold onto the chin up bar and bring your knees to your chest. It's good for your forearms that way.

Michelle- I don't think it'll bother you. Just don't take any caffeine products while on it. This is our first time on it so I haven't cycled yet. I will once I go through this bottle. We'll get off for about a month.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 12:24 PM
P.I.M.P.

Don't have a chinup bar - closest thing I have are stairs to the apt above us - which way do you face your wrists when doing these? is either more beneficial?
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Don't have a chinup bar - closest thing I have are stairs to the apt above us - which way do you face your wrists when doing these? is either more beneficial?

Hand position should only matter when doing chin-ups they shouldn't matter for abs. Just hold on somehow.

Try this. Do 5 sets of 10 with only a 45sec rest. Your abs should darn near cramp up! LOL

Pull your knees up high!

post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 12:31 PM
P.I.M.P.

Now my hams are tight as a mother f*cker - never been able to be flexible in that aspect. Will it matter if my knees are bent instead of keeping them straight? I know when doing crunches its better to keep your legs straight so just curious if it would affect leg lifts.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Now my hams are tight as a mother f*cker - never been able to be flexible in that aspect. Will it matter if my knees are bent instead of keeping them straight? I know when doing crunches its better to keep your legs straight so just curious if it would affect leg lifts.
I prefer bending my knees. Bringing them to my chest.

post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 12:36 PM
P.I.M.P.

Are those 5 sets of 10 straight in front or rotating to hit the obliques as well? if not should I do 5 front and 5 to each side? Is there a way to prevent swinging without having a spotter hold you? You wanna just become my damn personal trainer? lol
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Are those 5 sets of 10 straight in front or rotating to hit the obliques as well? if not should I do 5 front and 5 to each side? Is there a way to prevent swinging without having a spotter hold you? You wanna just become my damn personal trainer? lol
Do it how you want to!

You can prevent the swing by slowing down and not totally bringing your legs down to rest. It's kinda like a new woman. Just work it till you get it right. LOL

post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
Just hold onto the chin up bar and bring your knees to your chest. It's good for your forearms that way.

Michelle- I don't think it'll bother you. Just don't take any caffeine products while on it. This is our first time on it so I haven't cycled yet. I will once I go through this bottle. We'll get off for about a month.
i will start the regular/real dosage tomorrow and see how it does....i try not to drink caffeine (only cf diet dp and water). good luck! you will post up the ripped pics once you are all cut up, right?
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
i will start the regular/real dosage tomorrow and see how it does....i try not to drink caffeine (only cf diet dp and water). good luck! you will post up the ripped pics once you are all cut up, right?

No I wouldn't wanna have to knock Al out for getting mad at me because I'm your screen saver.

post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
keeping your legs straight puts WAY to much strain on your lower back.. you can cause some damage like that.. JC is doing it the right way.. bend them knees!
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
No I wouldn't wanna have to knock Al out for getting mad at me because I'm your screen saver.
who said you weren't already??
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
who said you weren't already??

post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 08:15 AM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
Kimmay was always bragging about your fine booty, so we all have your booty on our screensaver..... lol

took my 2 pill dosage this morning and actually got my ass up and did 20 minutes of cardio this morning.......you have to understand i love sleep more than life itself, so that was a big deal to get my ass up!!!!!
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Kimmay was always bragging about your fine booty, so we all have your booty on our screensaver..... lol

No way! Who took a pic of my booty? Where is Kim anyway? I miss her silly self. She never gave me my race. Does she still have the Cobra?

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 08:19 AM
Lifer

that's alot of damn anyhoo's
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by Grant
that's alot of damn anyhoo's
hahahaha I had to make the long story interesting. You know you were looking forward to the next "anyhoo"

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
No way! Who took a pic of my booty? Where is Kim anyway? I miss her silly self. She never gave me my race. Does she still have the Cobra?
they are secret pics.....j/k.....

she doesn't have access to a computer much- she is busy working at a chiropractor's office now and taking some sort of martial arts classes.....getting ready to kick some ass!
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Tell her I said wassup!

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 09:58 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
I just weighed in this morning at 203. I can handle 190lbs ripped. I'll keep you guys posted.

I think we're gonna take some "before" pics.
I'm like you, always carry just a little extra fat, but I'm almost afraid to cut down, I might drop below 180 if i did!
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 10:49 AM

Man JC, That fiber really gets your digestive track workin. 30 minutes after I eat anything. I'm walkin to the head. That crap does not mess around. ................... Pun not intended. haha
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Man JC, That fiber really gets your digestive track workin. 30 minutes after I eat anything. I'm walkin to the head. That crap does not mess around. ................... Pun not intended. haha
It can definitely create a "submarine" or two if you are eating enough.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement