Protein shakes - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Question Protein shakes

Do you have any special "recipes" you use? By recipes, I guess I mean is there any certain thing you add in them to make the taste any better. I just got some vanilla Designer Whey and I can tell you it literally tastes like vomit without anything added to it so I have been throwing all kinds of shit in to cover up the taste. I think the best so far is a either a couple tablespoons of peanut butter or a large bananna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 08:03 PM

PB and honey. When i make my protein shakes, i not only make them for protein, i also make them for calories. I use vanilla ice cream, pb, honey, protein powder, strawberries, and banana. Comes out tasting pretty good.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 08:04 PM
Lifer

I am using the Optimum Nutrition Vanilla and I just mix it with as little water as possible and drink it fast. It really isn't that bad, but it is not great. My wife sometimes makes me a smoothie with banana, peanut butter, vanilla and the Protein.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 08:30 AM

Myoplex strawberry, with one scoop of orange Cell-Tech. Pretty yummy.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Lifer

mix the protein powder with some Healthy Choice ice cream and milk - throw in a couple of egg whites if you wanna......instant milkshake!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Marisa
mix the protein powder with some Healthy Choice ice cream and milk - throw in a couple of egg whites if you wanna......instant milkshake!
hrmmm......... I may try mixing in some ice cream tonight after seeing a few people do that. The mixture XL posted up with the yogurt in it seemed kinda good and I was thinking of trying it but the post is gone.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 10:57 AM
Do Work Son!!!!!

space out your shakes or you will just piss out all of the protien your body can only take so much at once.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 12:09 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

your body can only proccess around 32g of protien every 3 hours.. so keep that in mind.. but if you have a shake with " 40g" of protien.. i doubt its pure enough to ABSORB 32g from it.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by ls1eater
space out your shakes or you will just piss out all of the protien your body can only take so much at once.
I already know to space them out during the day, I am just looking for creative mixtures to make the shakes taste better.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 03:11 PM

I use 10oz water, 4oz grape juice, 1 table spoon of mega glutamine (cherry flavor), and 2 scoops of vanilla gnc mega whey. After i get through working out i make the same thing but add a banana (helps me from cramping up).
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 06:34 PM
P.I.M.P.

I use EAS Myoplex Vanilla Protein shakes and they actually aren't bad. They are quite thick though.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddHatter
I use EAS Myoplex Vanilla Protein shakes and they actually aren't bad. They are quite thick though.
I'll agree, they do taste good, but all of the EAS products are way overpriced IMO.

Quote:
your body can only proccess around 32g of protien every 3 hours.. so keep that in mind.. but if you have a shake with " 40g" of protien.. i doubt its pure enough to ABSORB 32g from it.
True about not getting 32g out of a 40 g shake. Depends on what you buy. I believe the 32g of protein absorbtion every 3 hours is based on an average person with an average metabolism who sits on their ass. People who are working out on a regular basis(weights and cardio) and consuming 4-7 meals a day could have a higher rate of absorption IMHO.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 09:36 AM
My Boy!

I use Optimum Nutrition Vanilla and I mix it with skim milk - extra protein and the milk really helps the taste. Then there is the lactose that some say helps and some don't agree, btu I do it more for the taste. I also make mine 2 at a time and refridgerate for a few hours (keep making them as I drink them actually). After a few hours they are completely mixed and chilled and that makes them taste tons better than fresh mixed!!!! I just give them a little quick shaking then drink. Good stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement