Creatine - Anyone tried the pills? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
P.I.M.P.

Creatine - Anyone tried the pills?

I haven't used creatine in a couple years, and when I did, it was in a nasty tasting powder form you had to mix with grape juice or water. I came accross this link http://www.optimumnutr.com/products/...?Inventory=101 and was curious if anyone had tried this brand or even a different brand of creatine pills. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Austin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Newb

i went to GNC and asked for advice. the woman told me that they ONLY sell powder (the one by tom thumb, northgate/macarthur) and that the serum and all the others (i guess pills fall in there somwhere) aren't as good as powder, and to only stick to it and dont stock anything else. apparently a few of their workers are bodybuilders and know what they are talking about. maybe someone else can post after this and give u a real answer, i dunno if this even helped sorry
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

The pills are not as good as the powder. I don't believe they are absorbed by the body as well. Powder is alot cheaper too. There are some companies out there now that make a decent tasting powder that is not gritty. I usually just put mine in with my protein shake, can't taste it at all.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
P.I.M.P.

I ended up going with a Creatine Gel called CreaBlast. Has a 90% absorbancy and is 100% creatine (800mg creatine 200mg water I believe) I start my cycle tonight so we'll see what happens. Can you drink alcohol while your on a creatine cycle? I know caffine will negate creatine, but I wanna know if anything else will.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Havn't tried the gel, keep us posted. Caffeine doesn't completely negate creatine, but it does reduce it's effectiveness. I don't recommend alcohol with any type of supplements. However, 1-2 drinks is not gonna hurt. Same goes for your caffeine, 1-2 cups of black coffee is fine in my book. It's the "excessive" consumption that will get ya. Alcohol also significantly reduces uptake of protein in the body..so if your taking a protein supplement, keep that in mind. Just curious, how do you administer the gel??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement