crunches not enough? heres a new workout. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

crunches not enough? heres a new workout.

ok, lay on your back, lift your legs about a foot off the ground, NOW do your crunches. it hurts so good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 07:42 AM

Good exercise! I like to do leg throws and leg lifts as well.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Do Work Son!!!!!

poopnut how often do you do these exercises.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Ok, here is what I do. On monday, wednesday, and friday, in the morning I lift heavier weights and do an excercise bike for 20 minutes between 10am-11 30. I do this after going to school and before work. In the evenings at home, every hour I just do 50 push ups, and 60 of these stomach workouts I previously described. I try to do this at least 3 different times in the evening but usually do it about 4. On tuesdays and thursdays I lift lighter weights for about 40 minutes, then do a series of other stomach workouts and push-ups. Then I do the push up and stomach workout in the evenings again. I usually dont work out sat. and sun. to give my body a rest but sometimes I might just do the push up and stomach deal a few times throughout the day.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 09:47 AM
Do Work Son!!!!!

Define HEAVY WEIGHTS just funkn with you josh sounds like you work out all of the time, were do you work out at.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Banned

up at the weight room at TCC and I have a total gym at home. the total gym is the light weights, it goes by body weight so it'll only do about 70% of my body weight which is about 100-110. heavy, i work out on bench anywhere from 155 to 225. and squats, 320, same with leg-press. then i do other shit at TCC like curls, butterfly, then some of the ab machines. i know im not as strong with you mister R/T but theres a reason for that and we both know why
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Do Work Son!!!!!

Didnt say that my streghts were naturaly asperaited, but they have been for more than 3 months.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

thats good. naturally asperated??? are you having air pumped in to you by a really big fan or something?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Do Work Son!!!!!

i never said that my stregth was natural asperaited but it has been since january 21 2003.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Foxaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by 92special
Good exercise! I like to do leg throws and leg lifts as well.
Just remember that when doing these exercises, you are primarily working the hip flexors (the ones responsible for lifting your knees toward your chest). Your abdominal muscles are contracting very little. Good ab contractions with good resistance is key to building great abs. Something to chew on.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

thats why i add the crunches to the thing. your abs contract while strain if being put on them.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 08:33 PM
Foxaholic

cool. just don't confuse isometric exercise with isokinetic (shortening and lengthening) type exercises. They are completely different. Isometric exercise is beneficial, but it has it's own place.

-To increase strength, it's necessary to maintain a position in any one exercise for 6 to 8 seconds.
-The exercise should be repeated 5 to 10 times.
-Any one isometric exercise will only increase muscle strength at one joint angle. Strengthening the other joint positions requires repetition of further corresponding exercises.
-Isometric exercises on their own are not recommended for strength training. They are only part of a complete exercise program.
-If you suffer from heart disease or raised blood pressure, you should steer clear of isometric training. During the muscular contractions in this form of exercise, blood pressure can rise quite dramatically.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2003, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned

i stopped caring so much for the strength benefits after highschool when i stopped playing sports. now, its about looks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement