i just started taking creatine... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Newb

i just started taking creatine...

on sunday, and for some reason i actually feel weaker than i used to... i couldn't do as many reps as i used to be able to (today and monday) anyone else start using creatine and have this happen to them? am i going to have to use it awhile until this leaves? or what are some other peoples experiences with it... just wondering any input would be great thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 05:36 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

patients grasshopper. It will probably take 4-5 days for the creatine to saturate your system before you start feeling the effects.

Or at least that was how it was for me.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Newb

haha i know that, i dont expect results that quick im just saying i actually feel weaker... j/w if that happened to anyone else

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 05:42 PM
No, I don't have a turbo

Depends on how you are taking it. I load for a week before I start a workout, then take regular servings while working out. I use powdered creatine (Dymatize brand).

I find that for the first week, no change in strength, but a definite change in stamina, as well as easy recovery from day to day.

Load for a week, then take per directions. And drink tons of water, or you'll need to carry toilet paper with you on your workouts.

Todd

Punxsutawney Jesus, Illuminati Elitist
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 01:49 AM
almost ready to race

Anybody have problems with muscle cramps with creatine? I just started taking creatine and occasionaly find myself cramping up while working out.

I'm guessing dehydration?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 01:53 AM
No, I don't have a turbo

Yep... more water.

I have a 1.5 liter bottle.. I use it to take the creatine during workout, then fill it repeatedly during the workout. In an hour, I drink about 3-4 of them. This is both weights and cardio.

Drink as much water as you can stand, and the nasty side effects of the creatine don't rear their ugly head..

Todd

Punxsutawney Jesus, Illuminati Elitist
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 01:59 AM
almost ready to race

Quote:
Originally posted by TurboTodd
Yep... more water.

I have a 1.5 liter bottle.. I use it to take the creatine during workout, then fill it repeatedly during the workout. In an hour, I drink about 3-4 of them. This is both weights and cardio.

Drink as much water as you can stand, and the nasty side effects of the creatine don't rear their ugly head..

Todd
Makes sense....advice taken!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Newb

one other question

can you mix creatine powder with gatorade? i've been mixing it with water but i read to take it with something with sugar or something for an insulin spike. and when i mix creatine with water in a waterbottle, it gets murky like it normally does but then about 2 minutes later its totally clear and it doesn't build up... does leaving it in something too long like ruin it or something?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 07:23 AM
Honda God

yes, it works fine

"If its going to be that type of party, I'm sticking my dick in the mashed potatoes."

Lover of Mustangs and Master of Hondas
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Worship me

Creatine needs insulin to get into your system immediately, just like protein. You can try fruit juice or something like that with it to get your insulin levels up when you take it.

Personally, I like the Twinlab Creatine chewables....they look and taste like big sweet tarts, they have some sugar in them to get you what you need. If I am off of them for a couple of months and take three of them before a workout i notice and IMMEDIATE difference. I can usually do 1 or 2 more reps at any given weight on an exercise. It works that well for me.

My scale weight goes up on Creatine, its all water weight in your muscles and it goes away just as easily. but my strength stays up there for a couple of weeks after I stop taking it. Its definitely good stuff and I am about to start another round of it soon.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 01:01 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
Creatine needs insulin to get into your system immediately, just like protein. You can try fruit juice or something like that with it to get your insulin levels up when you take it.

Personally, I like the Twinlab Creatine chewables....they look and taste like big sweet tarts, they have some sugar in them to get you what you need.
I'ver never tried the chewables, but I have found Phosphagen HP to be a great way to get creatine into the system. It's obviously not as convenient, as you have to mix it, but it tastes great and ges well into a protien shake.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2003, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Newb

sorry, another quick question. i'm almost out of my creatine (just pure creatine, no 'transport system'), and i'm planning on using Cell Tech or Muscletech Creatine with the 'advanced transport system' or whatever. has anyone else used this? do i have to get it off the internet (i've found it for about 55 dollars for 7 lbs online) or is there a place (other than GNC) where i can buy it at a decent price? any help is appreciated, thanks!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 11:58 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by lilgeezy
sorry, another quick question. i'm almost out of my creatine (just pure creatine, no 'transport system'), and i'm planning on using Cell Tech or Muscletech Creatine with the 'advanced transport system' or whatever. has anyone else used this? do i have to get it off the internet (i've found it for about 55 dollars for 7 lbs online) or is there a place (other than GNC) where i can buy it at a decent price? any help is appreciated, thanks!
Cell Tech works well and tastes pretty decent. I haven't priced it recently, but $55 for 7lbs sounds like a pretty good deal. If you are just looking for a "Creatine transport system" without the extra carbs try Phosphagen, that works well too and mixes great into a protien shake.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement