I had a messed up workout today - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
My Boy!

I had a messed up workout today

I guess I used all my calories up today before workingout or something because I had a good first few exercises (flat bench then decline) then on incline I started noticing that I was falling off my normal number of reps and getting to failure sooner. Then with my Flies I was unable to get near my usual number of reps. Same with the skull crushers, overhead press, etc... After the first indication (incline) I tried to quickly get some carbs in there to help out but it was no help, or it kept me from passing out but didn't really allow me that intensity.I did get pretty dizzy a few times and kind of queezy feeling.

I usually work out inthe evening after I have had supper. Today I had a busy day and I ended up mowing the yard then within a half hour I was in there getting my workout under way with only a protein shake before hand. I guess it was the combination of the yard work just before and not getting my usual calories and the schedule change that messed me up.

If that is the case then it is wild the amount of difference the schedule change and pre-workout meals and such make to the actual workout. Not to mention pushing a lawn mower over this lot and using up all my energy like that.

I felt super-weak! Crappy workout.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 09:37 AM
Hired Hand

Didn't you just get over being sick? Sounds like that wreaked havock on your immune system and your body's still tryin to catch up. Keep your diet clean and get plenty of rest, you'll be back to 110% soon enough.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
My Boy!

That is true. Maybe that is it. We'll see here is jsuta few minutes as I am about to hit the weights again!!!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 08:38 PM

You didn't say what your routine was. You could be over training. If you think you are, just change up your routine. If you've been sick, that's probably it in a nutshell.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Floored...

Its the same reason why you shouldnt do any cardio, aside from a 5 minute warmup session, before lifting weights. Makes a difference.

Those calories you expended mowing the yard 30 mins before working out, would have helped you a bit in your training. And how much rest have you had since your last workout?

I wouldnt fret over it too much tho. You'll get it back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement