Looks like I got a job @ 24 Hour fitness - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Floored...

Looks like I got a job @ 24 Hour fitness

Personal Training. Had to do my interviews Friday and get clearance since I didnt have a national cert.

Have to take the 24 hour Pre-Cert exam Wed. Upon successful passing, I then sign up and pay out the nose for a national cert. Prolly start working around mid-April. But the job is mine.

Pay isnt too bad. Looks like it takes at least a couple of months to build up a good check. At least it will pay the vette note.

Anyone here ever take the test or work as a Personal Trainer @ 24 hour fitness? Any caveats? Pros?

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 02:03 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

what kinda pay if you dont mind me asking.. i seriously considered doing it if the tech market takes a dump.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Floored...

With 2 national certs, 24 hour cert, and can actually work 30 hours / week - with performance and monthly bonuses - 55-60K.

With 40+ sessions / week, and bonsues and such - 72K a year.

I'm kinda burned out with tech right now. As much as I'd like to nail a decent computer job, I'd much rather have the flexibility and benefits of the training at 24 hour fitness. Its also a stepping stone to getting more certs and becoming a Trainer to professional athletes. And I can always do computer work on the side and try to build up enough of both to make some decent scratch.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Punk Ass Bitch

I think DarkPony (BJ) used to work at a 24hr fitness. You might ask him about it because I remember him being totally burned out on the company after a couple of years of working for them.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Floored...

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinH78
I think DarkPony (BJ) used to work at a 24hr fitness. You might ask him about it because I remember him being totally burned out on the company after a couple of years of working for them.
I've never worked for a company for 2 years. I seriously doubt Im going to start now.....

I've talked to a trainer before, 3 years ago @ 24 hour fitness. The pay then was even worse and he bitched about it. The pay is much better, but you still only get paid for the sessions you service. Thats the downside to it, other than me paying out 4xx bux for a national cert JUST to get a job there as a trainer. But on the up side, I can work on getting a business started, or finding another job if this one ends up sucking.

But personally, I expect to end up in management. My resume is pretty hard core and lots of management the past 3 years. I was asked about that and if I showed what I could do, if I would be willing to go into management. I imagine thats what will happen.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 09:47 AM

Whcih 24HR?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 04:05 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Way to go, Shane!

Thats always been one of my little secret desires. To have a job at a gym as a trainer. Love the atmosphere of the gym and you cant beat the eye candy (Most of the time).

Good luck.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 07:50 AM
Time Served

Re: Looks like I got a job @ 24 Hour fitness

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Evil
Personal Training. Had to do my interviews Friday and get clearance since I didnt have a national cert.

Have to take the 24 hour Pre-Cert exam Wed. Upon successful passing, I then sign up and pay out the nose for a national cert. Prolly start working around mid-April. But the job is mine.

Pay isnt too bad. Looks like it takes at least a couple of months to build up a good check. At least it will pay the vette note.

Anyone here ever take the test or work as a Personal Trainer @ 24 hour fitness? Any caveats? Pros?

thanks.
Now i could probably get hooked up with some protein and what not. Good luck.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 07:55 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
Way to go, Shane!

Thats always been one of my little secret desires. To have a job at a gym as a trainer. Love the atmosphere of the gym and you cant beat the eye candy (Most of the time).

Good luck.
I worked for President/First Ladys (precursor to Ballys) in Houston back in '81/'82.

Sucked when I'd tranfser to Olympia gym because it was seperate floors (one men, one women).

But the worst was Presidents in downtown Houston. It was a men's only club inhabitated by 60-70 year old men. The dressing room was on one side of the club, the pool/spa was on the other.

These old men would strip down naked to swim then walk across the gym floor to get to the pool. Nothing like a 70 year old wrinkled schlong and butt to make you chuck lunch.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 11:16 AM

Good job!! I work at a 24 Hour Fitness in the Houston area, as a PT, too. Been here since August of 2002, and love doing it, but I don't depend on this job as my only source of income. I am looking for another full time job, and do training on the side, like in the evenings. It's fun, and you can earn as much money as you want, basically, the more you bust your ass, the more you earn. Good Luck!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 03:42 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
I worked for President/First Ladys (precursor to Ballys) in Houston back in '81/'82.

Sucked when I'd tranfser to Olympia gym because it was seperate floors (one men, one women).

But the worst was Presidents in downtown Houston. It was a men's only club inhabitated by 60-70 year old men. The dressing room was on one side of the club, the pool/spa was on the other.

These old men would strip down naked to swim then walk across the gym floor to get to the pool. Nothing like a 70 year old wrinkled schlong and butt to make you chuck lunch.
You're killing my dreams...cut it out!

<------thinking happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement