post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2003, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Anyone ever got a hernia?

From doing squats or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 04:30 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

I personally have never gotten one. Then again I am a female.

I know a few people who had gotten them. Even know a guy that just had to have his operated on. It was huge. Almost 2 inches vertically. His was near his belly button. It was a bump with his "innerds" poking out.
The pain became upbearable for him about five days before his scheduled surgery. So much so that he gave in a went to the ER. Funniest thing...They pushed his "innerds" back in and stuck a strip of duct tape over it Even gave him the roll to tide him over till his surgery. He said it worked and the pain subsided. Go figure.

Its definetly not fun. He has 8 weeks or more before he can get back to working out.

Karen
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 04:33 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
I personally have never gotten one. Then again I am a female.

Karen
Hernias aren't limited to men. ? ?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 05:15 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Hernias aren't limited to men. ? ?
I didnt say they were. I was just stating that Im not the best subject to anwer the question since men are far more predisposed to get one than any female. yes/no?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 05:24 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
I didnt say they were. I was just stating that Im not the best subject to anwer the question since men are far more predisposed to get one than any female. yes/no?
I think it depends on the type of hernia. Femoral and umbilical hernias are more prevelant in women than men. I would guess an Inguinal hernia is more common in a man.

We are about to put my wife in for a incisional hernia from her last c-section. I guess I should find a personal injury lawyer, there might be a new pool in the backyard with that screw up. j/k, not that way, but I think the doctor who goofed it up the first time should pay for the fix. We'll see!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 05:31 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
I think it depends on the type of hernia. Femoral and umbilical hernias are more prevelant in women than men. I would guess an Inguinal hernia is more common in a man.

We are about to put my wife in for a incisional hernia from her last c-section. I guess I should find a personal injury lawyer, there might be a new pool in the backyard with that screw up. j/k, not that way, but I think the doctor who goofed it up the first time should pay for the fix. We'll see!
Ouch! Well goodluck to your wife. Sounds like something definetly worth checking out. You're taking it far better than I would.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Ghetto Vaquero

I had hernia surgery going on 2 yrs this May. The night that the skin actually tore, I was working as a waiter, when i lifted the tray i felt a sharp pain near down there, and it hurt like crazy, whe i went to the doctor all he said was i needed surgery.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Lifer

So what actually happens when you get a hernia?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 11:19 PM
Lifer

Your intestines push through the muscle in the abdominal wall...at least mine did. Nursed it for years, then on Friday the 13th of September, it totally blew out. NOT GOOD! ER to surgery same day. Mine was huge...the hernia, not my "Johnson" (LOL). Was back on the bike after a week or so. I still feel it now if I'm not careful. I got the mesh put in, and it took the entire 5x5" square to cover the tear. If you have one, don't be a dumbshit like me....have day surgery and get it fixed. They never get better on their own.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I don't think I have one, but I felt a sharp pain in my lower stomach over toward my left thigh while doing some hack-sqauts. I don't have any kind of bulge and I didn't feel any pain as soon as I stopped.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2003, 06:27 PM
Worship me

Moral of the story....work that midsection when you workout!!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Blue5spd's a titty baby

Working out legs last night I had a sudden small pain in the lower ab area, and it hasn't gone away. I guess holding in a #2 and working out legs at the same time isn't a good thing to do. I'll be at the Dr. tomorrow coughing and hoping for the best.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cool cat
Working out legs last night I had a sudden small pain in the lower ab area, and it hasn't gone away. I guess holding in a #2 and working out legs at the same time isn't a good thing to do. I'll be at the Dr. tomorrow coughing and hoping for the best.
damn.. you're brave lol
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Blue5spd's a titty baby

Well after a brief nut fondeling and taking a leak in a cup, I don't have a hernia. But I was told to take it easy for a while.

The lesson here: Take a dump before working out.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Golf anyone?

Quote:
Originally posted by cool cat
Well after a brief nut fondeling and taking a leak in a cup, I don't have a hernia. But I was told to take it easy for a while.

The lesson here: Take a dump before working out.
LOL....I was just in for a physical and had the same nut fondeling. Do they have to keep it so damn cold in there? I mean, for crying out loud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement