Xenadrine and other 'supplements' - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Other half of bitter
 
michelle95gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: bottom of a dark Scottish lake
Posts: 7,141
Xenadrine and other 'supplements'

so who has taken Xenadrine and how many do you take a day? I have cycled on and off, since they seem to lose their affect after a couple of weeks. I only take two a day and it seems to help curb my appetite a bit, but also gives me that little boost of energy i need to get motivated to hit the gym right after work. They recommend taking 4 a day on the package- has anyone taken that?

what else have you tried that has worked for you as far as appetite suppresant, speeding up metabolism or increasing energy?
michelle95gt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 08:36 AM
Television taste funny
 
96MYSTIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Aubrey
Posts: 3,249
Hey girl. I just bought some yesterday. Took my first dose today. I took two before breakfast....Holy crap! Feel like I'm on speed or something. Had the shits too. Definately will not take the recommended other 2 at lunch. Does it kinda even out after awhile? I gotta get ready for the nudey beach thing ya know. I'll let ya know if it does anything for me in a week or two.

Kisses
Becky
96MYSTIC is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 08:45 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
 
lowthreeohz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hurst-Useless-Bedford area
Posts: 20,572
Quote:
Originally posted by 96MYSTIC
Took my first dose today. I took two before breakfast....Holy crap! Feel like I'm on speed or something. Had the shits too. Definately will not take the recommended other 2 at lunch.
that's probably because xenadrine IS pretty much speed...that shit is fucking SICK if you can't lose weight without taking legal speed, you need help.
lowthreeohz is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Other half of bitter
 
michelle95gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: bottom of a dark Scottish lake
Posts: 7,141
Quote:
Originally posted by 96MYSTIC
Hey girl. I just bought some yesterday. Took my first dose today. I took two before breakfast....Holy crap! Feel like I'm on speed or something. Had the shits too. Definately will not take the recommended other 2 at lunch. Does it kinda even out after awhile? I gotta get ready for the nudey beach thing ya know. I'll let ya know if it does anything for me in a week or two.

Kisses
Becky
I would definitely not take the 4 a day....i have never tried it, but i bet it would make you pretty damn high! i take one in the morning with breakfast and one at about 4pm- since i usually hit the gym from 6:30-8:30pm. If i take one too late, then i can't sleep very well. just be careful with them....

you already look fine as it is! no fair- you two got room for a stowaway to hedonism? kisses back at ya!

and lowthreeohz- "that shit is fucking SICK if you can't lose weight without taking legal speed, you need help."

actually she doesn't need any help... she already looks great and lost her baby weight (being a new mom) quick! becky has three kids and you couldn't tell a bit! we aren't counting on this to lose weight, it is just somethigng to aid it.....that is why it is called a 'supplement', right? stop bashing us and get on the guys taking the heavy stuff instead! It isn't like i am just taking this and expecting weight to melt off- i work out about 2 hours a night, lifting weights and cardio and playing soccer. you are right, you can't just count on the 'legal speed', you gotta do it yourself too.
michelle95gt is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 10:18 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
 
lowthreeohz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hurst-Useless-Bedford area
Posts: 20,572
untill the ol' heart goes BOOM BITCH.
lowthreeohz is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 10:33 AM
Punk Ass Bitch
 
KevinH78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Searcy Arkansas
Posts: 11,088
I used to take that shit like clock work but eventually got to where I couldn't sleep worth a damn so I laid off it for a while. Now I'm getting to where I can't sleep for shit anyway so I may get back on it.
KevinH78 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt
it is just somethigng to aid it.....that is why it is called a 'supplement', right?
Exactly, ECAs just give a little boost to an already low-fat/high-enegy lifestyle. As long as it isn't used as an end to a means (i.e. someone popping pills instead of counting calories) it can be good way to get that extra "edge" on fat-loss. It's not a completely "safe" supplement, but by listening to your body and keeping a close eye on dosages, ECA can be quite safe and effective.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Big A is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 10:38 AM
Hired Hand
 
Big A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 36,166
Quote:
Originally posted by lowthreeohz
untill the ol' heart goes BOOM BITCH.
Those people were not using properly and taking double or triple the recommended dose prior to strenuous exercise wiothout proper hydration. Drinking too much water can kill you too.
Big A is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 10:46 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally posted by 96MYSTIC
Hey girl. I just bought some yesterday. Took my first dose today. I took two before breakfast....Holy crap! Feel like I'm on speed or something. Had the shits too. Definately will not take the recommended other 2 at lunch. Does it kinda even out after awhile? I gotta get ready for the nudey beach thing ya know. I'll let ya know if it does anything for me in a week or two.

Kisses
Becky
Sorry, if I misinterpretted this thread, but did you just give birth recently? Are breast feeeding? If so, and I'm not preaching, just remember anything that goes in your mouth (food wise, get your mind out of the gutters, boys), will be received by the baby.

Just something to think about. I hate it when someone tries to be a "dad" to my daughters and tells me what is best for them, so please don't take it as such.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 11:05 AM
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Putting the sensual in nonconsensual since 1984
Posts: 12,482
As for the exploding hearts and such, has anyone tried Xenadrine EFX ? (the ephedra free stuff)
Do you think it would work the same, or not as well?

-Matt
Strychnine is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Floored...
 
Mr Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Your Town
Posts: 3,499
Re: Xenadrine and other 'supplements'

Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt
so who has taken Xenadrine and how many do you take a day? I have cycled on and off, since they seem to lose their affect after a couple of weeks. I only take two a day and it seems to help curb my appetite a bit, but also gives me that little boost of energy i need to get motivated to hit the gym right after work. They recommend taking 4 a day on the package- has anyone taken that?

what else have you tried that has worked for you as far as appetite suppresant, speeding up metabolism or increasing energy?
They dont lose their effect, you become more tolerant to the effects.

Anyone remember the original level of Ephedrine that used to be in the product? It was like 30mg of Ephedrine, not 20mg.

Once you become used to the 2 a day, I'd start trying a bit more. Hydroxycut is divided into 3 caps equalling 20 mgs of E, as compared to Xenadrine being 10 mgs of E per cap. So, if you want, get a bottle of both. After you build up to 10 mgs / dose, try taking 2 Hydroxycut caps, which will equal 13.3 g of E.

The longer you maintain your ECA cycle, the better the effects are. Just because you dont feel as jittery, doesnt mean its not working.

Me personally, Have gotten up to being able to take TWICE the recommended dosage on the bottles, (40mgs of E). I used to take the normal dosage on the old bottles and was quite accustomed to taking 30 mgs of ECA / dose - twice a day. No issues here at all. No issues at 40mgs / dose either. BUT, I know where I stand and what my body is telling me. SHould I feel an irregular heartbeat, flutter, etc, I will reduce my dosage or not take any for the rest of the day to let it wear off. The half life of ECA is only about 4 or 5 hours once in your body.

Low3Ohhz - dude, research your information instead of mindless bashing.
Mr Evil is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Television taste funny
 
96MYSTIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Aubrey
Posts: 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Sorry, if I misinterpretted this thread, but did you just give birth recently? Are breast feeeding? If so, and I'm not preaching, just remember anything that goes in your mouth (food wise, get your mind out of the gutters, boys), will be received by the baby.

Just something to think about. I hate it when someone tries to be a "dad" to my daughters and tells me what is best for them, so please don't take it as such.
No. The youngest is over a year now. Didnt take your comment as such, and I look good for having 3 little lady's BUT, we're going to a restort in May and I need a little boost to get where I want.
BTW, I bought the Xen stuff that is efedrin (sp) free, if that makes any difference.

Thanks Michelle for lookin out for me. Love ya sis.

Becky
96MYSTIC is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Television taste funny
 
96MYSTIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Aubrey
Posts: 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt
you already look fine as it is! no fair- you two got room for a stowaway to hedonism? kisses back at ya!

If ya'll want to come it would be AWESOME!!! We've asked a few friend but know how $$$$ is tight right now. But SERIOUSLY. The D-day is May 14th. If you think ya'll could swing it, we'd LOVE to have ya'll there!!!

..........if not, you can just jump into my suitcase
96MYSTIC is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 11:33 AM
Certified CRAZY!
 
racegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: here and there
Posts: 4,371
Quote:
Originally posted by 96MYSTIC
If ya'll want to come it would be AWESOME!!! We've asked a few friend but know how $$$$ is tight right now. But SERIOUSLY. The D-day is May 14th. If you think ya'll could swing it, we'd LOVE to have ya'll there!!!

..........if not, you can just jump into my suitcase
Did I mention......free airfare? (Mike's dad work's for delta and has 3 passes -first clasS-that are about to expire).....let me know
racegirl is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Other half of bitter
 
michelle95gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: bottom of a dark Scottish lake
Posts: 7,141
Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
Exactly, ECAs just give a little boost to an already low-fat/high-enegy lifestyle. As long as it isn't used as an end to a means (i.e. someone popping pills instead of counting calories) it can be good way to get that extra "edge" on fat-loss. It's not a completely "safe" supplement, but by listening to your body and keeping a close eye on dosages, ECA can be quite safe and effective.
Exactly......not like i am sitting around eating bons bons weighing in at 500 lbs hoping for a miracle pill to lose weight.....I only wanna drop like 10 pounds, Becky is probably on the same wavelength as me. We both live very active lifestyles (i would call raising three little girls ACTIVE!). I have considered upping it to 3 a day, but I wasn't sure. Right now, I don't even really get the jittery feeling anymore when I take it. I do still notice the boost it gives me before working out. After working 10 hours in my cubicle with no lunch break, i really need the motivation and boost to work out at night!

Thanks for the info Shane. I might consider upping the dosage and see how my body reacts. I am careful not to mix it with anything else OTC that might cause problems. I tried Hydroxycut, but didn't really get anything out of it. I took two one day and nothing....didn't feel a thing. so i switched back to xenadrine.

I have never tried anything else like metabolite etc. Any other recommendations?
michelle95gt is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Other half of bitter
 
michelle95gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: bottom of a dark Scottish lake
Posts: 7,141
Quote:
Originally posted by racegirl
Did I mention......free airfare? (Mike's dad work's for delta and has 3 passes -first clasS-that are about to expire).....let me know
Girl, don't tempt me! I would love to come along, but with Al out of work, I don't think we want to be blowing money on travel. But free airfare would be tempting.....Send me the info on the room rates and stuff anyway, just in case- never hurts to ask. the two of us in hedonism.....i smell trouble!
michelle95gt is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2003, 04:29 PM
Floored...
 
Mr Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Your Town
Posts: 3,499
Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt

Thanks for the info Shane. I might consider upping the dosage and see how my body reacts. I am careful not to mix it with anything else OTC that might cause problems. I tried Hydroxycut, but didn't really get anything out of it. I took two one day and nothing....didn't feel a thing. so i switched back to xenadrine.

I have never tried anything else like metabolite etc. Any other recommendations?
Thats the problem with non-FDA regulated otc supps. 2 caps from the same bottle of Xenadrine or Hydroxycut may contain different amounts of ingredients. ie... 2 may give you 15 g of E, another 2 may give you 25 g of E.

Personally I bought a bottle of Zenotrope. Has all the same ingredients as Xenadrine, except about 7 bux per bottle cheaper. So far, I've not noticed any real difference. 20 g dosages of ECA dont phase me at all any more. It takes 30 g for me to notice Im on it and to really get any effect.

Another option you could take, is to "recap" your xenadrine and make some that are 1/2 the normal amount, to give you 15 mgs / dosage.
Mr Evil is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Tokyo Buster
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
diet pills

Just get an RX of Phentermine HCL, you can purchase it legally online if your healthy. When I took this I had a workout regimen and I was thirsty all the time. I lost most of my appetite and the weight (fat) came off fast. I wanted faster results than OTC diet pills. $90 a month is expensive for some dieters, however. Good luck. BTW, I want an extra airline ticket, I'll be your luggage handler!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Other half of bitter
 
michelle95gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: bottom of a dark Scottish lake
Posts: 7,141
Re: diet pills

Quote:
Originally posted by Tokyo Buster
Just get an RX of Phentermine HCL, you can purchase it legally online if your healthy. When I took this I had a workout regimen and I was thirsty all the time. I lost most of my appetite and the weight (fat) came off fast. I wanted faster results than OTC diet pills. $90 a month is expensive for some dieters, however. Good luck. BTW, I want an extra airline ticket, I'll be your luggage handler!
I actually saw that online when I was just looking around yesterday......sad that it is so easy to get online with no real prescription. My sister did the Phen/fen thing for a while (she is about a size 20, 5'8 and 220 lbs, so she actually qualified). I am not sure about taking that, since i only want to drop 10 lbs MAX. Maybe not even that much. Just wanting to drop those last 5-10 that won't come off. I do 30 minutes of cardio about 5x a week and an hour and a half of weight lifting about 5x a week. I just eat like crap. I know there are side effects that can be dangerous- question is are they any more dangerous than the side effects of the OTC stuff like Xenadrine?
michelle95gt is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 04:25 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog
 
Frogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Awaiting from the Shadows
Posts: 8,333
Ive used Xenadrine and Hydroxycutt. I prefer the xenadrine though. Its weird I know but when I cycled hydroxycutt it didnt seem to have the same effects as xenadrine.

When I took xenadrine and had a three weeks worth of diet and exercise I lost over 10lbs. Kinda happened so fast I surprised myself.

I used to take two in the morning and two in the afternoon like around 3-4 pm. Never exceeded that dosage and I monitered my liver enzymes and such at work. Being a lab rat does have its advantages. Before I started using xendadrine and cleaning up my diet over a year ago my cholesterol was 186. Last month, I measured everything and it had dropped to 153. So I may not be at the weight/body fat I want right now...but I'm definetly healthier for the efforts.

Last edited by Frogger; 04-10-2003 at 04:34 PM.
Frogger is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Other half of bitter
 
michelle95gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: bottom of a dark Scottish lake
Posts: 7,141
Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
Ive used Xenadrine and Hydroxycutt. I prefer the xenadrine though. Its weird I know but when I cycled hydroxycutt it didnt seem to have the same effects as xenadrine.

When I took xenadrine and had a three weeks worth of diet and exercise I lost over 10lbs. Kinda happened so fast I surprised myself.

I used to take two in the morning and two in the afternoon like around 3-4 pm. Never exceeded that dosage and I monitered my liver enzymes and such at work. Being a lab rat does have its advantages. Before I started using xendadrine and cleaning up my diet over a year ago my cholesterol was 186. Last month, I measured everything and it had dropped to 153. So I may not be at the weight/body fat I want right now...but I'm definetly more healthier for the efforts.
wow- good for you Karen on the 10 lbs! So you didn't have any big side effects taking 4 a day? Problems sleeping? I might go with 3 a day and see how it does. I haven't taken anything in the past two weeks, so i can cycle on again. Would be nice to get the same results as you, although I know you are much stricter than I am on the diet part.
michelle95gt is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 08:59 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,292
I've used Hydroxycut and Xenadrine, and felt got more energy from Xenadrine. I take a different one now, available at Smoothie Factories, called Lipo-Burn. It costs less, and there are more pills per bottle. Daily Xenadrine was 4/day, this stuff is 3/day. I feel I get the same energy, but don't feel as "edgy" as I did on Xenadrine.
Lethal is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 04:42 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog
 
Frogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Awaiting from the Shadows
Posts: 8,333
Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt
wow- good for you Karen on the 10 lbs! So you didn't have any big side effects taking 4 a day? Problems sleeping? I might go with 3 a day and see how it does. I haven't taken anything in the past two weeks, so i can cycle on again. Would be nice to get the same results as you, although I know you are much stricter than I am on the diet part.
Thanks Michelle. I still have a long way to go though. Too bad it didnt take more like 20lbs off.

I never had any problems sleeping because I never took it any later than 4:30. Now granted I didnt feel wired but I was definetly "Spunky". Which is actually a plus for my line of work. There is always something to do. I had absolutely no side effects. Just the spunkyness and probably more open to conversation than my normal intense work attitude.
Oh and diet smiet....you look awesome.


Karen
Frogger is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Bitter Italian
 
Wario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: On the mat.
Posts: 6,101
I take Ripped Fuel (definition), it is just like Hydroxycut and Xenadrine. I take half the recommend dosage just to cut my appetite a little.
Wario is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome