how many sit ups do u do aday? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

how many sit ups do u do aday?

Ive been doing about 200 a night. Will that get me anywhere? if not what is a good number?
thurston
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Hired Hand

I'd recommend hitting them every other night. They are fast twitch muscles, but nightly seems like overkill. Do a couple sets (3-4) of as many as you can do with 100% good form. As you strenthen your abs, throw in leg lifts and oblique crunches (spinning at the waist as you crunch to bring an elbow to the opposite knee) 'til it burns. If you work out at a gym it's also good to add in weighted crunches on ocassion as well as the decline ab board work to change up your resistance levels.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

what kind of numbers though? is 200 everyother night good?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 01:51 AM
Foxaholic

Numbers mean nothing. Muscle failure with perfect form is what you are looking for. Concentrate on 100% contraction of the abs. IMHO 200 reps of anything is a waste of time. I have a client at my studio that used to swear by 500 crunches per session. I made a bet that he could not do 25 crunches my way. He completed 11. Time under tension. I put him in the crunch position with his feet up on a bench at a right angle. I handed him a 2 lb. weight and had him hold it with his arms straight and just behind his head. 4 seconds up, 2 second hold, 2 seconds down. I made him go down only enough to touch the shoulderblades and then back up again. There are many ways to work the abs, but it is not rocket science. Change it up like Got Boost said as well.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 03:24 PM
My Boy!

I may not be hitting mine enough, but I do it once a week on my split routine just like the other muscle groups. I will do a set to about 20 - 25 depending on where I fail then another set of as many as I can to failure. I put my feet in a chair or on a bench at a 90 digree angle as described earlier and use a 35 lb weight behind my head. I use good form and go fairly slow. I am looking forward to trying the times method described here because mine probably varies some each time.

Anyone here think I am not doing them often enough?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Foxaholic

Once a week is probably not enough for you. You can work them more often than say legs or chest at the same intensity. Don't get carried away though. They still need plenty of time to rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement