Cardio & routine question? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
BOOMER SOONER!

Question Cardio & routine question?

I'm 6' 1" & 205lbs as of yesterday. Problem is, im at a stand still. I knocked off the holiday 10 lbs more than a month ago.

As far as routine goes, I go 3-4 days a week to 24hr Fitness. I lift each day, usually alternating lower body one day, upper the next & so on.

Cardio consists of 20-25 minutes on the Elliptical machine. What can I do to break my weight barrier. My goal is 195 by river time in May. Any suggestion workout routine wise would be appreciated. TIA

Joey-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Punk Ass Bitch

I am about the same size as you and I started out with a hard core, no carb. diet, but have slacked off quite a bit since I first started about three months ago and still seeing results. Even though I am now eating more "normal" food, rather than the usual chicken and egg whites, I am still loosing inches by keeping the cardio up and on intense levels. Also, I just got a Polar A1 heart rate monitor and it helps me keep my heart rate in the target zone which will greatly effect your weight loss.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Hired Hand

Re: Cardio & routine question?

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueThunder99TA
Cardio consists of 20-25 minutes on the Elliptical machine. What can I do to break my weight barrier.
20 minutes is the minimum requirement to get your body into the fat-burning zone. Up it to atleast 30 minutes or even an hour once your body is up to it. Burning calories equals losing bodyfat right? A longer time on the elliptical will = more weight loss.

Another thing to do would be to take a very scrutinous look at your diet. Be realistic, but count all your calories and try to get rid of ALL saturated fats and refined sugars. Allow yourself one "cheat" day to enjoy "real" food, but still keep tabs on your overall calorie count regardless of what you eat. One last thing, alcohol is the devil.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2003, 03:32 PM
My Boy!

I read some where not long ago that a cheat day was actually a good thing. Not goinig wild and eating everything you can, but allowing yourself to eat a little of something that you are craving but won't allow yourself to eat. anyway, the article said that a cheat day in there would actually help to raise the metabolism. I guess by throwing it a curve every once in a while.

I'm thinking you need to get the time up on the cardio also. Sounds like your body is used to being at the current level and it is just "maintaining" at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement