workout schedule... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

workout schedule...

i posted about a month ago about wanting to just build up and everyone gave me a link to read, well ive been doing the protein drink thing etc...but heres the deal im a tall skinny guy 6'2 165lbs about, i am tone but i want to be built, i know majority of it is going to be in my diet etc and im doing good in that manner but i need to know weight wise a schedule like i have NO idea how many revs or set to do a day or every other day etc..i like need a written scedule i got about 1 1/2 hours a day to spare toward it i just dont know what exercises a day to do any advise there
and also ive been having abotu 3 protein drinks a day and watchign what i eat but what food do yall suggest in doing what im trying to do?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 03:48 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Hmmm increased your protein consumption? Trips to the bathroom been fun? Im just kidding. As far as sets and reps, kind of sounds like you need a workout partner or a friend to show you the ropes a bit. Good job on your diet though.

What exactly is your goal point or main objective. Maybe the fellas here can give you some good advice and tell you how to get there if they know exactly where you want to be.

Karen
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

well im tone now, but i wanna be built, i just dont wanne be lanky, i want a bigger upper body arms,chest mostly

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Lifer

Please don't neglect your legs - I think it looks so weird when guys have HUGE upper bodies and skinney little bird legs...balance is key, IMO.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Hired Hand

Given your ectomrphic build, I'd recommend a rep scheme of 8-10 reps, throwing in a week of 5-8 reps every third week or so. This should stimulate some strength increase as well as a little hypertrophy (getting built).

Keep your protien and calories up, but your diet clean. The better your diet is, the better your progress will be.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Marisa
Please don't neglect your legs - I think it looks so weird when guys have HUGE upper bodies and skinney little bird legs...balance is key, IMO.
im not negleting my legs are big enough now its my upper body that is out of proportion, i do leg exercises all the time they are a good pair of legs!got boost WTF did you say?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 02:36 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by slowguy007
got boost WTF did you say?

Weeks 1 and 2: 3 exercises per bodypart/8-10 reps per exercise, each bodypart once a week

Week 3: 3 exercises per bodypart/5-8 reps per exercise, each bodypart once a week

repeat
---------------

Always lift to absolute failure with a negative rep or two if you are training with a partner. You have to break the muscles down before they can build back up stronger.

Keep your protien and complex carbs up, but keep junk food and sugar at a minimum.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Floored...

Quote:
im not negleting my legs are big enough now its my upper body that is out of proportion, i do leg exercises all the time they are a good pair of legs!got boost WTF did you say?
You've stumbled on a gold mine boy! With all this information you've gotten from your post, you very well could be the next Arnold!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

haha i dont want to be the next arnold damn it ;(
ok got boost
im not doubting you but 8-10 reps per exercise seems kinda low to me?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
haha i dont want to be the next arnold damn it ;(
ok got boost
im not doubting you but 8-10 reps per exercise seems kinda low to me?
With your already high metabolism you need to concentrate on strength and mass movements which will allow for a slightly lower rep range.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Evil
You've stumbled on a gold mine boy! With all this information you've gotten from your post, you very well could be the next Arnold!
Would you like to type out the book that would be necessary to fully answer such a broad question?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

ok thanks for the help !
i also discovered freetrainers.com it even adds up necessary calories carbs. etc intake a day!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Floored...

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
Would you like to type out the book that would be necessary to fully answer such a broad question?
Sure, his post was broad, but you should know enough to figure out he's a newbie and just looking for something to get started. He can do some research and figure out what changes he should make to his workout after he feels comfortable doing what I posted, should he feel like doing so.

Stick to the core movements for the next 8 weeks.

Do 2 core excercises for each body part. Work on getting the form down. do 4 sets of 6-8. You can change this as you get better and stronger at this.

Chest - Flat bench, Flys, Incline - pick 2. .
Legs - Squats and Deadlifts
Back - Wide Lat pull downs, Rows (machine, unless you know how to do barbell rows)
Tris - Kickbacks , narrow grip bench press
Bis - Preacher curl, standing dumbbell / barbell curls
Calves/hamstrings - Leg extensions, Leg curls

Chest and Back on Day 1.
Rest on day 2.
Calves / hamstrings and Legs on Day 3
Rest on day 4.
Tri's and Bi's on day 5
Rest on day 6
Then, based on how you feel (sore or not) either rest on day 7 or start over with Day 1.

Thats some pretty simple stuff, really. And look at that. Not even the intro to a book. I'd rather take a few minutes out of my life than just give someone some vague information that gets them no where closer than they started at by posting.

He also needs to be taking in some serious calories and protein. To build mass you have to be eating enough to add on and keep it on. But thats another post. Do some searches on my username in Pumpin' Iron. I have a long post I wrote a while back that detailed what it takes when dieting and formula's and shit. It should be well worth the read to quite a few of you, seeing as how a lot of you still ask the same questions over and over.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

thank you evil, im fairly sure my diet is under controll, and what you said is what i needed to start!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement