Carbinated Drink Questions ? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Carbinated Drink Questions ?

I was just wondering if cutting out the carbinated drinks do you any good ?

Last weekend I got sick with a sinus infection and I was told to drink lots of water to hydrate myself. So I did, I must have drank 25 large glasses of water in a 48 hr period. And I have not had any carbinated drinks like Coke or Dr. Pepper or even sweet tea since last Saturday.

I am also curious if staying off the caffine would do me any good ? I usally drink about three Cokes a day ! And the last couple of days I have not felt the urge for one, so is this a good thing or a Bad thing ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 11:46 AM
Hired Hand

Staying away from carbonated drinks is definitely a good idea. Having one on rare occassion is no big deal, but the sugar content of those hings is sky high. Just a bunch of empty calories. Not to mention the dehydrating effects of the caffiene. You can't go wrong with good ol' H2O.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I did some other research on the subject and found out like you said one every so often isn't that bad but three to four a day is very bad. I'm going to try to stay on this kick for awhile and see where it leads me ! I'm really surprised about not wanting one !

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 03:40 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

Aaron's right about cutting out the carbonated drinks. They arent doing you a lick of good. The carbonation tends to cause a bloating effect added in with the sugar your body will feel replenished when in fact you are still dehydrated. Add in the fact that caffeine is a mild diuretic you're also loosing important vitamins and minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Doesnt really help your cause. There has been some debate of late as to how negative an effect caffeine and carbonation consumption can have on an athlete though. New research, new theories I guess but, caffeine is still a banned substance by the IOC (International Olympic Committee).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement