What protein shakes do you drink?, also health questions (LONG) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

What protein shakes do you drink?, also health questions (LONG)

Exactly what the title states, what do you guys (and gals ) think is the best protein shake to drink? I'm looking for what you've heard professionally and what your opinions are, I've heard about Isopure, Mass quantities and a few others.

I'm 18, about 6'1", normally 170 lbs. (175-177 lbs. on creatine right now), I lift 6 days a week (push, pull, legs) and play racquetball 1-2 hours each lifting day.

Right now I'm trying to get more cut (specifically my abs), but I am not willing to go on a diet and lose muscle to do it. Cut the carbs down right, what should I eat with low carbs?

I eat as often as I can but living off campus (go to UT) and my classes are really against me, I have become acustomed to making food ahead of time and towing it around in my backpack. I would say I get in around 5-6 meals/snacks a day (not the most healthy right now but I'm working on it). I ran out of protein shakes a few weeks ago but plan on buying more after I get some recommendations. I know that vegetables are lacking in my diet but I don't get to the store much for fresh greens.

Breakfast:
bowl of oatmeal (quaker oats flavored stuff)

snack 1:
dried fruit and raisins (about 1/2 cup)

snack 2:
trail mix (1/2 cup), soon protein shake also

lunch:
tuna with mustard and pickles, usually mixed with 1/2 cup rice

snack 3:
maybe another bowl of oatmeal or something (usually my bad time of the day to start snacking on bad stuff )

after workout:
soon to be protein shake, right now alternating between PB&J sandwiches and tuna and rice

snack 4:
dried fruit, trail mix, raisins, soon to be dinner, eating tuna or something else high protein.

I should go out and buy some chicken breasts or something but considering I'm on a low budget I can't really afford them every night.

Any help guys would be great

Thanks ahead of time,

Jerred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Come on guys, if you don't want to read the whole post then don't, but I'd like some information on proteins that you like.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 08:30 AM
Hired Hand

Sounds like you are off to a good start. When I go into a strict and relatively ketogenic diet (low carb), most of my carbs come from oatmeal, with the rest coming from veggies and a little fruit.

I Designer protein shakes and bars becuase of their decent bioavailability and taste, but it's also one of the more expensive protiens out there. If you are on a budget look for the biggest containers you can find, it's a higher cost up front, but much cheaper in the long run.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 11:44 PM
My Boy!

I use the Optimum Nutrition "100% Whey Protein" - Vanilla flavor usually. Tastes great and it is not super expensive or anything.

I have never chaged up diet to loose fat so I am going to be no help to you on that one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 12:31 PM
86mustang

I use Perfect RX or Muscle Milk. Both are reasonably priced and can be found easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement