Calories..... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Smile Calories.....

I am about 220lbs, although I am of a stocky build I am over weight I was wondering what the caloric intake should be in order to lose weight. I used to lift alot so I am muscular, but gravity is winning the battle. all my shit is startin to go south.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:44 AM
Hired Hand

I'd recommend that you start of at 2000 a day calories and work from there. If you've lost a pound (2 max) after a week keep it there, if not try for 1800 the next week. When you get to the point that you are consistently dropping a pound a week, stay there until your goal is reached. It may not be the fastest way to your goal, but I promise it's the most likely way that you will keep it off.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Lifer

DAMN 1800? Shit I need to start starving myself!!!! LOL Shit I eat that for a snack. Then again I work out like I'm getting paid to do it. LOL!!!

-John
-2007 Mustang GT

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 01:46 PM
Floored...

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
I'd recommend that you start of at 2000 a day calories and work from there. If you've lost a pound (2 max) after a week keep it there, if not try for 1800 the next week. When you get to the point that you are consistently dropping a pound a week, stay there until your goal is reached. It may not be the fastest way to your goal, but I promise it's the most likely way that you will keep it off.
Actually try, 12 calories / # of body weight. Start there, since thats your maintence needs. The calories your body needs just to operate fully with metabolic functions and not thinking its starving itself.
220 x 12 = 2640 calories.
Lets shave 240 calories off for almost a 10% caloric deficit.

Now, divide that up over 5 or 6 meals.
2400 / 5 = 480 calories / meal.

Then decide what type of body you have and what your goals are. Figure out if you need to be on a lower carb, higher protein/fat diet, or just an isocaloric diet.

Lets break that down as an isocaloric diet (33% carbs, 33% fat, 33% protein).
1 gram of carb = 4 calories
1 gram of protein = 4 calories
1 gram of fat = 9 calories.

so, each meal is 480 calories. Divide by 3 = 160 calories of each.
160 / 4 = 40 grams of carbs
160 / 4 = 40 grams of protein
160 / 9 = 17.7 grams of fat.

So now, you need to plan each meal around 40 grams of carbs, 40g Protein, and about 18g Fat.

Lets go to http://atkinscenter.com/global/carb-counter/index.html and see what a can of tuna rates in at.

6.0 oz Can of tuna , water packed = 1.4g of fat, 43.4g Protein, and 197 calories.
This takes care of your protein needs. Now do the same for your fat / carb intake. Maybe try a fist sized baked potato. And maybe some flax seed oil for your fat. Or some bacon. Or whatever.

I've found the hardest part of any workout / body transformation is the dieting part. Eating right or the right amount or how often is the biggest hurdle. Overcome this, and you have beat the game. The rest is cake.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Thumbs up

Thanx Mr. Evil.......................and everyone else for your advice
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 03:44 PM
The Alpha Omega Frog

50% carbs, 40% protein, 10% fat works best for me.

Edit:...I cant add.

Last edited by Frogger; 03-12-2003 at 05:15 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Floored...

Thats cool. And thats what it really comes down too. What worx best for you.

For me, Im an endomorph. More carbs = more fat storage for me since I just dont use up a high amount of carbs daily.

What works for me, is a diet higher in protein and fat, with carbs coming for post-workout meals.

Im down to 245 now from 263 just a couple of months ago. With LOTS of cheating in between. Im also at 21% body fat. It wont take me long to get to my goals.

And Im not even juicn. Yet.
so far, all standard otc supplements. Just lots of them and researched each one to get the effect I needed with my diet and workout schedule. Its working nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement