Stopped drinking soda/carbonated drinks, no more headaches!?! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Stopped drinking soda/carbonated drinks, no more headaches!?!

Ever since I stopped drinking soda and any type of carbonated drink, I haven't had a single headache (It's been 2 months).

I used to get headaches a lot, especially when I was hot all day long and drinking soda.

Could the carbonation have something to do with it? Maybe it's because I'm taking in less sugar?

I still drink iced tea, so the caffeine isn't gone...nor is sugar, because I drink gatorade. But, I also drink 200% more water than I used to.

Just wanted to see if I got any response...

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Lifer

Hay Shawn - I used to have headaches so bad that i finally had to see a doctor about them. They controlled my life. He told me it was stress related and put me on drugs. The drugs didn't work so I decided to cut out all sugar to see if it has any effect.

Sure the hell enough, it's been 10 days now and not one single headache. I have not had any sugar (except for the candy at the GC2 GTG...grrrrrrr) and my headaches have disappeared.

It's actually really cool to hear of someone else that experienced the same thing - I don't understand what corrolation (sp) the 2 things (sugar/headaches) have in common - but it's gotta be something.

I have a terrible sweet tooth and it's been killer for me to not have sweets - but I've conquered it and I don't wanna go back. The pain was too bad.

I knwo you still have sugar in your diet - but I'm thinking cutting out the sugar has something to do with the diminishing head pains.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

hmmm...so it is probably the sugar intake, and not the carbonation..

My headaches were terrible. I never saw a doctor, but that's because I am just too hard headed to go.

If I walked while I had a headache it felt like my brain was shaking around in my head, OUCH!

I have only had ONE minor headache since...and it was at work while I was welding galvanized metal with not enough ventilation...that will ALWAYS give you a headache.

I seriously doubt mine were 'stress related'...yours probably weren't either.

Post back on this thread within a month and let me know how it's going...I'll do the same.

Shawn

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 10:25 PM
Lifer

ok cool - and no, it's probably not the carbonation that was giving them to you - I know for me, I still drink carbonated drinks (just have to get the diet ones now with aspartame...yuck.)...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 01:53 AM

Aspertame is just like paint thinner.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 09:13 AM
Lifer

I know. But hardly anything is made with Sucralose which is less dangerous than aspartame. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 10:59 AM
KJ94GT

Drink water.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Lifer

I had the same problem also. I went to a doctor and then a nuerologist (sp?). They didn't really do a whole lot except a little blood work and normal check up stuff. I used to get headaches 2-3 a day and they would sometimes last 6 hours. I had a few that would wake me up in the middle of the night too. I thought I had a damn brain tumor. Anyway, I was eating like 4-5 of those peppermints you get from restaruants a day so I stopped. That made my headaches go away and I think it had something to do with the coloring or something that was in those. My.02
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

It's funny how little things like that can cause such big trouble...

My headaches would also wake me up in the middle of the night at times...or just prevent me from sleeping period.

Glad to have them gone!

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement