Weight Equip Question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Weight Equip Question

wHERE'S SOME GOOD PLACES TO GO FIND A BENCH AND WHEIGHT SET. AND A GOOD BENCH AT THAT
THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 07:02 AM

I got my stuff from www.megafitness.com. I got the mega smith machine has everything you will ever need. If your looking for something local try academy sports. They have some good stuff.

Jeff
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Foxaholic

workout equipment

Lots of good stuff in the newspaper classifieds. Just call the people and find out who made the equipment and where they bought it. Many people spend tons of money on this stuff and never use it. They then sell it a couple years later for next to nothing. Kind of like the boat market.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 06:05 AM
My Boy!

My wife bought me a bench from Wal-Mart. it is a Marcy, and it handles the olympic bar. It does several different incline angles, decline and will adjust to do several other positions. It has a leg machine on it. It does not have a pull down cable though. I think it was about $130. I grabbed a Weider olympic bar and weights totaling 210LBS for $80 at sears. There are no 45's though. With a pair of 45's I'll have a 300# set.

I would say not to spend too much for a home gym because you can't get everythign you need in there without spending a fortune anyway. At some point you will want to swap out to a gym membership to get access to all the equipment you'd need. A home Gym is a good way to get started and make sure you are going to stick with it though before signing a contract for a membership somewhere and then using that once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement