Not eating 2 hours before bedtime? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Other half of bitter

Not eating 2 hours before bedtime?

Was watching Oprah one day a few weeks ago- I think it was one day I had the day off or left work early for some reason.....anywhoo- she was talking about what she has done to lose her weight recently.....not that she is really thin, but you can tell she has dropped a bit.

She said the best thing for her was NOT eating for the 2-3 hours before bedtime. Have any of you found that to be true or to work for you? I like having a little snack before bed sometimes- jello or hot chocolate or something to fix my sweet tooth. I am sure i can give it up, do you think it makes a huge difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Hired Hand

If you are watching your calorie intake throughout the entire day and don't over-eat, the time of your last meal doesn't matter one iota. I sometimes even drink a shake right before my head hits the pillow if I'm down on protien for the day. The reason it works for som is that their diets are so bad, that those two hors of not eating usually cause them to eat less calories in a day (you can eat alot in two hours). Try it if you like, it may be a motivator to watch your calories the rest of the day, but it a negative calorie consumption that causes fat-loss, not the timing of one meal.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 01:00 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

That means Oprah had to cut out the last side of beef in the two hours before bedtime.

Calories Intake - Calories Expended = X

If X is a negative number, you lose weight.
If X is a positive number, you gain weight.

I would actually probably be better to track those numbers on a weekly basis, then a daily, since most people's daily routines can vary quite a bit, but weekly routines vary little.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 10:34 AM

If you are weight training it is good to eat something with high protein low carb right before bedtime. ie yogurt/ protein shake.

Jeff
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 10:51 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally posted by must_95gt
If you are weight training it is good to eat something with high protein low carb right before bedtime. ie yogurt/ protein shake.

Jeff
Yeah, that's what i was thinking...a meal replacement shake would be ideal if you ate that late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement