Al P, in here... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Al P, in here...

Youve tried the Atkins diet right? I've always considered a well rounded, high protien diet to be best suited for supporting the larger lean mass of a bodybuilder, but this last 10lbs is being super stubborn and I'm considering Atkin's to trim it off. What were your experiensces in the gym and with lean mass? Did oyu get super weak? Were you able to maintain muscle mass or even grow? I'm at the point that I would rather have the extra 10 and keep my lean mass, but it would be nice to lean up a little more without muscke sacrifice.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 11:53 AM
Other half of bitter

When he first started it, he lost some weight fast- like you, he was trying to get rid of the last little bit. He didn't follow the atkins thing exactly though- i know there is some intro period and all kinds of exact rules to follow etc....he just stopped eating carbs, then eventually just cutting back and slowly now eats some. I didn't notice a decrease in his size of muscle mass at all, but he was still working out heavily. He will have to tell you about his strength, but i don't think it seemed to decrease at all. He was still lifting the same from what i saw. He now eats carbs still, but in moderation.

I am looking for something for this 10 pounds as well, but no way I can stick to the atkins thing. I am getting a weight watchers points book from my sister (she signed up, then found out she was prego, so had to quit it) and try following hte points to see if that works and increasing my cardio quite a bit.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt
and increasing my cardio quite a bit.
Cardio is the key, but I was considerind Atkins while it's stil cool outside. Once I start jogging in the mornings it should melt right off, but I'm impatient.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:06 PM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
Cardio is the key, but I was considerind Atkins while it's stil cool outside. Once I start jogging in the mornings it should melt right off, but I'm impatient.
yeah....in all reality, i am a pretty lazy person, so getting off my ass for cardio is no easy feat.....alan can tell you that....lol

I am going to try and get up and run/bike/stairmaster for 15-20 minutes in the morning before work, as well as hit another 15 minutes at night when we lift weights. Maybe I will start to see a difference then. I don't want to lose but 10 pounds, nothing more really. It is so hard to get that off though. I do have soccer starting next week, but that is only once a week.

how do you get motivated to jog in the mornings? i am not a morning person, so getting my lazy ass up to go run is going to be a feat in itself!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt
how do you get motivated to jog in the mornings? i am not a morning person, so getting my lazy ass up to go run is going to be a feat in itself!
I take a good long look in the mirror before I set my alarm the night before.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
I take a good long look in the mirror before I set my alarm the night before.
lol- maybe i should sleep in my bikini then wake up and see myself in it in the morning.....oh the horror! that will get me motivated for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement