Meals - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
The Alpha Omega Frog

Meals

How many "meals" do you get in a day?

I can get easily get in 4...sometimes 5 if I manage my time well.

Anyone else on an eating schedule?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Hired Hand

I eat 7 times a day when I'm being good. MRPs, protien shakes, and bars are a god-send to the fitness fanatic-on-the-run.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
I eat 7 times a day when I'm being good. MRPs, protien shakes, and bars are a god-send to the fitness fanatic-on-the-run.
See Im not counting shakes or bars. Ive been trying to rely more on whole foods. Talk about preparing ahead of time.

I guess Illl throw in a shake or bars to fill my meal and calorie quota.

Thanks Aaron

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 04:36 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Frogger
See Im not counting shakes or bars. Ive been trying to rely more on whole foods. Talk about preparing ahead of time.

I guess Illl throw in a shake or bars to fill my meal and calorie quota.

Thanks Aaron
I'm all for whole foods over processed bars, shakes, and stuff, but it's near impossible for me personally to fill all of my daily protein needs from natural sources. Chicken and tuna get old real fast, and the frozen breasts are just about as expensive per gram of protien as protein powder. Time is of the essence, so de-boning and prepping whole chickens from the meat market isn't and option. Keep your eye out for a health concious girl of about 20-25 that likes to cook, I'd pay good money for one of those.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:26 PM
My Boy!

I take in some form of food (real food or shakes or bars) about 6 - 7 times a day. More shakes than anything though. Mornings are busy so I start with one then, then another mid morning then have a normal lunch, a shake mid afternoon, normal dinner, then a shake later in the evening. I always have a shake immediately after a workout.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 02:11 PM
Other half of bitter

Re: Meals

Quote:
How many "meals" do you get in a day?

I can get easily get in 4...sometimes 5 if I manage my time well.

Anyone else on an eating schedule?
What kind of meals are you eating Karen? can you give me a sample day?

Eating is my weak point......i have no willpower and am very picky.....i don't like many veggies (hate salad/lettuce) or fruits. I love junkfood, but have tried to cut back. Started drinking diet dp, when i get a craving for a coke, but mostly drink water (my strong point- i can drink a ton of water!).....

Plus i don't have access to a fridge at work- i do bring my lunch and would love to be able to make a fruit smoothie or shake or something. Usually i eat soup/sandwich, but it gets old. I hate those frozen meals. I am thinking about slimfast, but I don't feel full with that. Any ideas or suggestions?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 02:26 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

I eat 2 meals a day, sometimes I eat breakfast. Bite me
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
The Alpha Omega Frog

Re: Re: Meals

Quote:
Originally posted by michelle95gt
What kind of meals are you eating Karen? can you give me a sample day?

Eating is my weak point......i have no willpower and am very picky.....i don't like many veggies (hate salad/lettuce) or fruits. I love junkfood, but have tried to cut back. Started drinking diet dp, when i get a craving for a coke, but mostly drink water (my strong point- i can drink a ton of water!).....

Plus i don't have access to a fridge at work- i do bring my lunch and would love to be able to make a fruit smoothie or shake or something. Usually i eat soup/sandwich, but it gets old. I hate those frozen meals. I am thinking about slimfast, but I don't feel full with that. Any ideas or suggestions?
Sorry I must ahve overlooked this.

Here is a sample of my meals last week. I try to keep up on my log. Eating is so hard. I mean I can exercise for 1-2 hours a day but damn!....dieting is 24/7!

BREAKFAST 6am:
1.5 cup multi bran chex
skim milk
1 banana

SNACK 10am:
6 boiled egg whites
0.5 cups pineapple chunks

LUNCH 1pm:
grilled chicken sandwich (mustard, tomato, green leaf lettuce)
1.5 cup boiled brocolli

SNACK 4pm:
apple
1 low fat granola bar

Exercise from 5-6:30pm.

DINNER 730pm:
8 spears of asparagus
1 chicken parmigiana breast w/ marinara (low fat recipe)

bed at 10pm

--------------------------------

BREAKFAST 6am:
bowl of oatmeal
1 banana

SNACK 1015am:
1 can of tuna and relish
tapioca pudding cup

LUNCH 2pm:
salad with 1 sliced grilled fajita chicken breast, tomatoes, calif, broc, black olives, onions, 2 small red potatoes w/ light dressing
0.5 cup of canned corn

SNACK 430pm:
fat free jello
orange

exercise 515-630pm

DINNER 7pm:
chinese stir fry with snow peas, bamboo and 1 cup of rice.

SNACK 9:30pm:
apple

bed at 1030pm

I really hate to do it but I think Im going to incorporate shakes and bars back into my diet. Probably have the shakes in the evening when I have time to prepare them and the bars for a snack during the day. I just like the taste of whole food better than the drab bars.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Other half of bitter

Re: Re: Re: Meals

Quote:
Sorry I must ahve overlooked this.

Here is a sample of my meals last week. I try to keep up on my log. Eating is so hard. I mean I can exercise for 1-2 hours a day but damn!....dieting is 24/7!

I really hate to do it but I think Im going to incorporate shakes and bars back into my diet. Probably have the shakes in the evening when I have time to prepare them and the bars for a snack during the day. I just like the taste of whole food better than the drab bars.
thanks Karen, that is helpful.....and actually doesn't look too bad. I really only eat 3-4 times a day. I don't snack at work. I have cereal, half a bagel or a slimfast shake for breakfast. I am not a breakfast person, so i just force myself to eat something. I look forward to lunch, since I don't usually leave the office and it gives me something to breakup the day......so i usually overdo it. We go straight to the gym from work- i usually don't leave work until 6-7pm then hit the gym by 7 or so.......by the time we get home, it is 9pm, so by the time i fix dinner and eat, it is close to 10pm.......so doesn't leave anytime for many snacks. I might try incorporating the midmorning and afternoon snack like you and just doing a much lighter lunch.

looks like you probably never get hungry with that routine, right?

I would love being able to have a fruit smoothie or shake for lunch, but that is impossible at the office......i love those things!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
The Alpha Omega Frog

Re: Re: Re: Re: Meals

Quote:
thanks Karen, that is helpful.....and actually doesn't look too bad. I really only eat 3-4 times a day. I don't snack at work. I have cereal, half a bagel or a slimfast shake for breakfast. I am not a breakfast person, so i just force myself to eat something. I look forward to lunch, since I don't usually leave the office and it gives me something to breakup the day......so i usually overdo it. We go straight to the gym from work- i usually don't leave work until 6-7pm then hit the gym by 7 or so.......by the time we get home, it is 9pm, so by the time i fix dinner and eat, it is close to 10pm.......so doesn't leave anytime for many snacks. I might try incorporating the midmorning and afternoon snack like you and just doing a much lighter lunch.

looks like you probably never get hungry with that routine, right?

I would love being able to have a fruit smoothie or shake for lunch, but that is impossible at the office......i love those things!
haha! Eating breaks up my day as well. I consider it...my time at work. Plus my new coworkers have gotten better accustomed to my eating habits and the frequency that I eat. They are amazed that I am losing weight and not gaining it.

I almost never become hungry eating this way. Sometimes I get a little hungry before my midmorning snack but typically no. I think its cuz I dont go more than 4 hours or so without something and the water helps. I just try to stick with something I can honestly deal with over a lifetime. It requires me to be a bit more efficient with my time and make my meals before hand, but I think Ive lowered my carb level to a tolerable input and I dont completely rule out foods...cuz I'll just end up wanting them more...today I even ate a cookie at a baby shower. I guess this setup works for me right now though with additional resistance training that I am going to start in a few weeks I may need to up the protein input.

It sounds like you have a very active and hectic schedule and not getting home till late must be tiring on ya. I feel for ya and respect the consistent hard work you are putting in. Its nice to talk to a female who makes reasons to workout and not excuses to whine about.

Do you make your smoothies from fruit or is there a mix you buy? They sound delicious.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Other half of bitter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Meals

Quote:
haha! Eating breaks up my day as well. I consider it...my time at work. Plus my new coworkers have gotten better accustomed to my eating habits and the frequency that I eat. They are amazed that I am losing weight and not gaining it.

I almost never become hungry eating this way. Sometimes I get a little hungry before my midmorning snack but typically no. I think its cuz I dont go more than 4 hours or so without something and the water helps. I just try to stick with something I can honestly deal with over a lifetime. It requires me to be a bit more efficient with my time and make my meals before hand, but I think Ive lowered my carb level to a tolerable input and I dont completely rule out foods...cuz I'll just end up wanting them more...today I even ate a cookie at a baby shower. I guess this setup works for me right now though with additional resistance training that I am going to start in a few weeks I may need to up the protein input.

It sounds like you have a very active and hectic schedule and not getting home till late must be tiring on ya. I feel for ya and respect the consistent hard work you are putting in. Its nice to talk to a female who makes reasons to workout and not excuses to whine about.

Do you make your smoothies from fruit or is there a mix you buy? They sound delicious.
yeah, working late til 6 or 7 most days kills me. I hate having dinner so late. It is even hard to find the time to eat a snack, but i will make time for it- i had an apple and some pb for today, but i just now ate it at 6pm.....lol! i guess i need to give myself a break!

I took the recipe from my favorite jamba juice smoothie and just mixed it til I got it tasting right.....haven't made one in a while.....it was orange sherbert, strawberries, raspberries, a little fat free yogurt and i forget what else....it was a tangy shake. just a lot of trouble to make those all the time...adding bananas are damn good too.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Lifer

2 normally 3 on a good day
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 08:18 AM
Other half of bitter

okay KAREN- had my slimfast this morning, have applesauce for an am snack, tuna for lunch and apple/pb for afternoon snack!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 09:03 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
okay KAREN- had my slimfast this morning, have applesauce for an am snack, tuna for lunch and apple/pb for afternoon snack!
...and you are getting up tomorrow morning to jog right?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Boost?
...and you are getting up tomorrow morning to jog right?
lol.....if i can get my lazy ass up! either that, or i am going to make up for it at night- i did 35 minutes of cardio (bike/running/walking/stairmaster split) last night, when i usually only do 15-20. It wasn't that bad either. Did bike for 18 minutes, stair master for 6 before lifting weights. Did weights (chest/triceps) for over an hour, then walked/ran for 12 minutes before going home. Of course i was at the gym all night long, but that's the price to try and get where i want!

challenge is going to be next week- I leave for Sacramento on business on monday and don't come home til friday....no gym facility in the hotel......so i don't know what I am going to do. Eating on the road is hard too.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 11:28 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
challenge is going to be next week- I leave for Sacramento on business on monday and don't come home til friday....no gym facility in the hotel......so i don't know what I am going to do. Eating on the road is hard too.
Getting a workout in may be a challeng, but DO NOT let being out of town become an excuse to splurge. Your waistline doesn't care if it's business or vacation, it all settles the same on your hips...

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
The Alpha Omega Frog

Thumbs up

Quote:
haha! Awesome start Michelle! Hopefully you arent having any type of hunger pains and it makes it easier to stick to your "diet" choices. No loss of energy is a plus as well. Go baby Go!

Business trips do suck for training. Sorry you dont have a gym in the hotel to help things out. Do you have a workout cord thingy? I used to have one that was made of latex tubing that I *cough* ...ugh... borrowed *cough* from the physical therapy department.

I know they make a commercial type available at fitness/athletic stores. You can get in good resistance training that way in your room.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 04:36 PM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
haha! Awesome start Michelle! Hopefully you arent having any type of hunger pains and it makes it easier to stick to your "diet" choices. No loss of energy is a plus as well. Go baby Go!

Business trips do suck for training. Sorry you dont have a gym in the hotel to help things out. Do you have a workout cord thingy? I used to have one that was made of latex tubing that I *cough* ...ugh... borrowed *cough* from the physical therapy department.

I know they make a commercial type available at fitness/athletic stores. You can get in good resistance training that way in your room.
great idea on the resistance band....didn't think of that.....much easier to pack than weights...lol! i will have to have a lot of willpower and be good- -afterall i am going to be around a bunch of hot california firefighters all week and i know they are going to want to party and drink up......equalling more empty calories! doh!
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
great idea on the resistance band....didn't think of that.....much easier to pack than weights...lol! i will have to have a lot of willpower and be good- -afterall i am going to be around a bunch of hot california firefighters all week and i know they are going to want to party and drink up......equalling more empty calories! doh!
haha! You are going to be around...firefighters? Oh I can just feel the jealousy growing inside me.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 08:54 AM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
haha! You are going to be around...firefighters? Oh I can just feel the jealousy growing inside me.

yes! we are exhibiting at a huge fire show in sacramento all week.....all the attendees are firefighters.....and my boss says the 5 working in our booth with us are extremely hot! i'll have to try and bring a camera and post some pics for the ladies when i return!
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
The Alpha Omega Frog

Quote:
yes! we are exhibiting at a huge fire show in sacramento all week.....all the attendees are firefighters.....and my boss says the 5 working in our booth with us are extremely hot! i'll have to try and bring a camera and post some pics for the ladies when i return!

<--------squeals with delight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement