Need to lose weight - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 08:36 PM
NXsvtCobra01

Need to lose weight

I am a bit overweight. i am 19 about 5'10 245lbs. I want to slim down a bit and get into better shape. what kinda exercised should i start doing to help me out. Mostly want to get rid of my "man boobs" and lose some inches off the waist. What kind of foods should i start eating to help out? i have started drinking a lot of water and cut out on sodas. lend me any tips yo can. thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 12:46 AM
P.I.M.P.

Welcome to the board first off

Secondly, all I can tell you is probably the same things your mom told you as a child and your coach during health. Eat carbs and protein and cut down on ur fat intake... do lots of cardio and reps in your workout. Jumping rope, swiming, bicycling, etc... anything that makes your heart pump and your body sweat... as long as your burning more calories then your putting into your body, you'll lose weight. As far as targetting the "problem" areas, do crunches, then put ur legs to one side and do them like that, then back to the center, and then to the other side... i usually do 100 reps, with 10 sets... that wil target your love handles and gut, and as far as your chest, do high rep bench and butterflys...

Hope this helps... keep up the water intake and try and try and cut out fried food... My Motto: "You Fry, You Die"
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 11:38 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddHatter
As far as targetting the "problem" areas, do crunches, then put ur legs to one side and do them like that, then back to the center, and then to the other side... i usually do 100 reps, with 10 sets... that wil target your love handles and gut, and as far as your chest, do high rep bench and butterflys...
There is no such thing as spot-reduction of bodyfat. You are genetically predisposed to the number of fat cells and the places they are deposited on the body. The ONLY way to target a specific area is to reduce your total bodyfat through proper diet and cardiovascular exercise. Stay away from saturated fats, simple sugars, and processed foods. Watch your overall calorie intake as well, even too much "healthy" food can prevent you from losing weight.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 12:39 PM
P.I.M.P.

But by working out the stomach and chest area, it would replace the fat with muscles and he would see quicker results the if he just did cardio. I'm not a doctor this was just my suggestion based on the research I've done.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
But by working out the stomach and chest area, it would replace the fat with muscles and he would see quicker results the if he just did cardio. I'm not a doctor this was just my suggestion based on the research I've done.
I personally have found it quite difficult to "replace" fat with muscle. It can be done, but takes the strictest of diets and a whole lot of patience to actually gain lean mass while dieting. I whole heartedly agree that a full body workout should be used in conjunction with a solid diet and cardio regimen, but the actual reasoning would be that it would further enhance the body's capability to burn fat by raising the resting metabolic rate, as well as the extra calories burned while excercising. Working out will help to burn fat everywhere, not just a target location.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 02:03 PM
P.I.M.P.

Righton... wonder how those Ab Roller Companies stay in business... Well for what its worth NX, GL with ur diet
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 02:51 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Righton... wonder how those Ab Roller Companies stay in business... Well for what its worth NX, GL with ur diet
They feed on people's ignorance. It's one of the most blatant examples of false advertising out there. I shake my head when I see those ads, not a single person on any of those commercials actually uses those contraptions, they know better.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Newb

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages...l?gid=PERSONAL

buy that... you should be good in under a month
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 11:54 PM

keep up the water thing it is very important. If you are not doing any workout now just using a good, basic ,easy to stick to combo of weights and cardio would be a great starting point, just don't overdo it , 20 min cardio preferably a.m. 20 min lifting p.m, the body for life workout is a pretty good one to use . As far as the diet goes it's real simple: write down everything you eat or drink for two weeks and don't lie to yourself, then see what it is that you are eating the most of and get on a diet that brings whatever you are overloading on down to a reasonable level and also put in when you eat ,this is a big factor in weight loss , sppreeeeaaaddd it out the idea being EAT TO NOT GET HUNGRY not wait till you are hungry to eat , it will help control your portion size and also keep your metabolism optimized as your body will realize that energy sources are abundant ( Your insides can't see that the fridge is full or the fast food places everywhere) . Think of a hunger pain as an idiot light ,if it comes on it's too late, your body has already started to believe that you are in the middle of the desert with no energy stores in sight and when you do feed it , it stores every last bit it can for use later because it does not know when it will be fed again , it also slows down your metabolism to conserve fuel kinda like useless smog devices ,gets better mileage but runs like crap wherein if it was finely tuned it would still get good mileage but would also haul [email protected]#
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Tokyo Buster

weight loss

NX Cobra,
The first thing I did to lose weight was to stay off the empty carbs. Soda/Cokes with the high sugar and sodium contents lead to cellulite buildup and bloating/water retention. Boost your grapefruit and lemon intake since they are natural dieuretics. Last but not least get a medical physical from your family M.D. before you start. This should include a basic bloodtest which will tell you if you are a probable diabetic or thyroid disorders exist even any other ailments. These are covered by most insurance companies. Exercise at least 3 days per week for 30 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement