For those wanting to try creatine - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

For those wanting to try creatine

I've been on a two month cycle so I thought I'd post up my real world experience with it. Granted, this was no where near the first time I've used creatine, first timers results might be a little more dramatic. Throughout the two months my diet has remained pretty steady with a cheat day a week and a few extra calories over the holiday, but nothing monumental. No caffiene and not a drop of alcohol with the exception of Christmas and New Years eves, but I also strayed away from cardio the entire time too. My starting weight was 197, and over the next couple of weeks it climbed to a peak of 203.5 with strength increasing marginally 'til today. I maintained 203 over the next couple of weeks, but with the diet staying pretty strict I manage to drop down to 200 without any loss in strength or perceptible muscle size. Now's where the "fun" part begins. Yesterday was the last day I took the creatine, so now it's time to see how much water weight and strength I lose over the next week or two. I'm hoping to stay above 195 to keep gains in lean mass in the positive, but even if not I can tell that there's been a decrease in bodyfat over the two month period, so I'll only be looking leaner from here on out. I'll post up my thoughts next friday to let y'all know where I stand. As I've said before, creatine isn't a monumental supplement, but it can be a good motivator to see your strength and weight rise a little quicker than normal, just be prepared fr the decline on the back end.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 02:48 PM
oh really?

what kind were you taking. seems like most people use the powder.

'93 hatch
'91 ls1 coupe
'86 yamaha razz - pink, with nitrous
'78 puch maxi-luxe
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally posted by mind
what kind were you taking. seems like most people use the powder.
I've used the under the tongue serum (best IMO, but most expensive), Phosphagen, and this time it was just powder.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement